Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Republicans giving Trump the nomination?
It's a colossal mistake 106 64.63%
It's going to work out just fine 58 35.37%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 04:12 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times

Advertisements

The Clintons selling out of America and taking millions selling out access and government contracts has been going on for 4 decades.

take all that in the past and double it down with Hillary as President and Bill running the Clinton Foundation......she will control the Justice Department and who will dare investigate her? the media? please.

at least with Trump as President he will always be in check by the media, democrats and even republicans.....Trump sneezes and they would bring impeachment hearings on Trump.

Hillary is under FBI criminal investigation at this moment and the media are more hostile towards Trump than Hillary....imagine what she would get away with as President with controlling the justice department.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:16 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I don't know about Trump, he has never been in power to be corrupted....maybe he will be or maybe not.....with him both sides establishments don't want him, that says it all for me. What are they scared of? .......if he gets corrupted then he won't be any different than the Clintons.

But with the Clintons we already know 100% they are corrupt since Arkansas, W.H. in the 90's and beyond. They have a long history for 4 decades in government.

what scarier is people ignoring Hillary's actually record and not following the money which is on record and speculate on Trump.

actual record/facts and money trail from the Clintons is a lot heavier than speculation from Trump.
Trump is a Lobbyist, the same type of person that people accuse the Clintons to be controlled by. With Trump one would just pass the power one level higher. Trump is corrupted by the same thing as the Clintons, money and power. Instead of influencing the government indirectly like his Lobbyist pals and he himself in the past, he just wants to seize it for himself and influence it that way.
Some people think he is in it for the american people, which is laughable. He is in it for the very same reasons as the Clintons, he just took another approach. It is also on record that Trump himself was a Clinton supporter not that long ago. Trump is and was part of the establishment, now he is conning people into believing he is some good hearted billionaire with the best intentions who stands against the establishment and the elite 1% club. The sad thing many people eat it up, juts like many people eat all the crap Hilary is doling out......

In some ways they are two peas in a pod and, to me anyway, it really only comes down to who I think is less bad. And that IMHO is Clinton. Some of the stuff and things Trump spouts and some parts of his supporters lap up is frightening and are reminiscent of that infamous Austrian in Germany, not that long ago......

Old 06-19-2016, 04:24 PM

347 posts, read 467,737 times
Anyone who voted NO on the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban is NOT a moderate.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:27 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,195,956 times
Trump is a dead duck of course but I don't get the whole "well any other republican would've beat Hilary clearly". It's not just about the head to head polls. Any democratic candidate in the post Obama age enters the general with massive built in electoral advantages to the point where all they have to do is not bomb epically and the election is theres. Romney could've won the battleground states of Ohio, Virginia, Florida and Obama still would've won

Old 06-19-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Trump is a Lobbyist, the same type of person that people accuse the Clintons to be controlled by. With Trump one would just pass the power one level higher. Trump is corrupted by the same thing as the Clintons, money and power. Instead of influencing the government indirectly like his Lobbyist pals and he himself in the past, he just wants to seize it for himself and influence it that way.
Some people think he is in it for the american people, which is laughable. He is in it for the very same reasons as the Clintons, he just took another approach. It is also on record that Trump himself was a Clinton supporter not that long ago. Trump is and was part of the establishment, now he is conning people into believing he is some good hearted billionaire with the best intentions who stands against the establishment and the elite 1% club. The sad thing many people eat it up, juts like many people eat all the crap Hilary is doling out......

In some ways they are two peas in a pod and, to me anyway, it really only comes down to who I think is less bad. And that IMHO is Clinton. Some of the stuff and things Trump spouts and some parts of his supporters lap up is frightening and are reminiscent of that infamous Austrian in Germany, not that long ago......

ignoring the Clinton's long history 4 DECADES of corruption and selling out America to the highest bidder and comparing to what Trump did in the private sector shows how clueless you are.

and then to top it off you repeat the same liberal nonsense of comparing Trump to Hitler which is really beyond ignorant since Hillary is the most hawkish candidate in BOTH parties and in favor of endless wars, endless occupations and regime changes.

The problem in American's government is who controls it.....just follow the money with the Clintons, those are the ones calling the shots and by far the Clintons beat Trump in that department, is not even in the same league, same ball park or same planet.

just follow the money.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:36 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
ignoring the Clinton's long history 4 DECADES of corruption and selling out America to the highest bidder and comparing to what Trump did in the private sector shows how clueless you are.

and then to top it off you repeat the same liberal nonsense of comparing Trump to Hitler which is really beyond ignorant since Hillary is the most hawkish candidate in BOTH parties and in favor of endless wars, endless occupations and regime changes.

The problem in American's government is who controls it.....just follow the money with the Clintons, those are the ones calling the shots and by far the Clintons beat Trump in that department, is not even in the same league, same ball park or same planet.

just follow the money.
I'm afraid it is you who is clueless if you eat up a the KoolAid Trump is serving you.
I think both candidates are horrible but I think Trump more so.
Your man Trump follows the money, as that is all he cares about just like the Clintons.
But you are right with one thing. Compared to other Lobbyist and people in the back with real power, Trump is a small fry.
So what could he do to change that.......hmmmm.... I wonder.......... Is it ringing any bells yet?

Old 06-19-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Trump is a dead duck of course but I don't get the whole "well any other republican would've beat Hilary clearly". It's not just about the head to head polls. Any democratic candidate in the post Obama age enters the general with massive built in electoral advantages to the point where all they have to do is not bomb epically and the election is theres. Romney could've won the battleground states of Ohio, Virginia, Florida and Obama still would've won

no 1 party can keep the WH forever......its hard for a party to win the wh 3 TIMES in a row when the majority of the country thinks we are headed in the wrong direction.

and its gets harder keeping the W.H. 4 times, 5 times and each time after time.

Hillary is NO Obama as a politician.

Obama won re=election in 2012 by 4%........I don't see Hillary expanding the base.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I'm afraid it is you who is clueless if you eat up a the KoolAid Trump is serving you.
I think both candidates are horrible but I think Trump more so.
Your man Trump follows the money, as that is all he cares about just like the Clintons.
But you are right with one thing. Compared to other Lobbyist and people in the back with real power, Trump is a small fry.
So what could he do to change that.......hmmmm.... I wonder.......... Is it ringing any bells yet?

to start don't take their money and don't be their puppet.....is that a start for you?

did you forget that Trump won the GOP nomination in a 17 person race with NO SUPER PAC money and with the GOP establishment against him, still are and he got the most votes in GOP primary history.

Can Hillary do that?....be honest.....can Hillary be anywhere in power without selling her soul and America's interests to the special interests and other countries, a real reason she deleted 30,000 emails as Secretary of State.

who is more dangerous? if you don't you are really clueless.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:53 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
The country has changed demographically in the last decade. The Asian and Caucasian high school graduation rates are over 80%. The Hispanic and Black high school graduation rates are not as good. Look it up.

The demographics in America are changing. That is fact.

So be it.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:55 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,803,391 times
The mistake wasn't made in 2016.

The Republican 'mistake' (it was actually very deliberate) was:
*blowing the racist dog whistle as loud as they could for decades
*demonizing immigrants
*serial misogyny
*the careful nurturing of anger and resentment
*perpetual promises of all sorts of things they couldn't deliver to the angry, uneducated base

Donald Trump didn't come out of nowhere. Republicans have spent years and years paving the way for an ignorant, racist, misogynist populist to swoop in and seize control of the base to which the Republican power-brokers used and, behind their backs, contemptuously sneered at for years. Lo and behold, here he is. And those same power-brokers now act all self-righteous, as if what Donald Trump espouses is beneath them, when they cultivated the very emotions that Trump has ridden to the nomination.

Cry me a river, Republicans. Trump isn't some untoward perversion of 21st century conservatism. He is the embodiment of it. You are, in the very literal sense of the phrase, reaping the whirlwind. Y

You made Donald Trump.

And you richly deserve the considerable damage he has done, is doing, and will do to the Republican brand.

Yes, he is a vile human being. Yes, he is a disaster for the party and would be a disaster if he ever became President (he won't). Yes, he has cynically used you for his own aggrandizement in the very same way that you used the Trump-loving masses for your own agenda, utterly ignoring them once you had their votes.

You own the disaster that is Donald Trump. Your fingerprints are all over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.