Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 07:18 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Citizens are FED-UP with this Elite Political Insider Status Quo, the LIES & the Corruption.
Then why are you supporting Trump? He's the epitome of elite political insider status quo (just rather than making decisions, he buys them), lying, and corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 07:33 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I woke up this morning to an AD on TV talking about healing the divide within America and as it played thru I thought it was a Hillary Clinton AD..then got shocked it was actually done by the Koch Brothers?? So, does that mean they are for the Democrats now? WTHeck?

I had no idea the Brothers has jumped the GOP ship
I've seen this ad too. They didn't jump ship. This has always been part of their strategy. They are also softening their image.

Unlike bipartisan politics, the real world is never black and white.

Just because the Kosh Brothers support republicans it doesn't mean they agree with everything in their agenda. Maybe they truly believe the justice system is rigged. Wealthy people are weird and many times hold views from both parties. They are so filthy rich they can afford to fund whatever they want. Some billionaires support anti-immigration groups but at the same time also fund groups that support the arts, the environment, education and even gay rights.

Quote:
It goes on to hit themes Koch has pursued for years, arguing that the criminal-justice system is rigged against the poor and that government regulation thwarts business growth. Print versions of the ads will appear in several national newspapers Monday.

A new website, EndTheDivide.com, highlights what company officials say are their efforts to “promote equal justice and a free and open society,” such as the company’s decision to stop asking potential employees about their criminal histories on job applications.
Exclusive: Charles Koch and his company launch 'end the divide' ad campaign

Old 06-20-2016, 07:38 AM

455 posts, read 283,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Anyone that has studied advertising knows that it is too early to be spending money. We don't even have a nominee for either party as yet. Whatever is ran in ads right now will be mostly forgotten before election day. Anyone with really good stuff won't even bring it up until at least September.

Most candidates never had the money that the Clintons had to just burn and know that there are lots of individuals and groups out there that want favors and have the money to pay for them.

Someone running a sensible and frugal campaign would not be blowing money this early. It is called "the quiet before the storm." Ah, "idioms" that didn't make sense that come to make sense over time.
that thinking is one of the reasons romney lost.

obama pounded romney with negative ad well before this time period and it helped form a narrative.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I live in Ohio and see a LOT of anti-Trump ads.

I have seen no negative ads against Hillary Clinton.

The ones against Trump are especially damaging IMO to Trump here being that one in particular has people lip syncing his own nasty words he has said about women.

Another features a family with a disabled child and their outrage at Trump's words/actions where he made fun of a disabled person.

There is so much ammunition that Trump has given Hillary Clinton and her supporters. I doubt he will be able to inflict the damage on her that his own mouth has inflicted on him in these ads. The one about disabled people is particularly disgusting on his part IMO. Who makes fun of disabled people! I grew up in the ghetto and no one made fun of "the handicapped" and if you did a tough kid would beat you up because that is just not something decent people do.

Here's the ad I saw:

https://archive.org/details/PolAd_DonaldTrump_b67te

FWIW there was also a fact check made of this ad and it was determined Trump did mock the reporter in question.

The ad I know is slated to run in all the battle ground states and I think it is one of the most effective ads I have ever seen as most of them are idiotic and stupid to me. Even the ones of him saying idiotic things about women with the lip syncing individuals mouthing his words is rather corny to me. But this one featured a family of a disabled child and a clip of Trump's actual comments/behavior and it shows him in a VERY unflattering light.
Yes, it is running quite a bit here in the Denver metro. It is very effective.

I've also seen a couple of pro-Clinton ads but that's it.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:53 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
"In the 2012 presidential campaign, June was a pivotal month for President Obama’s re-election efforts. Mitt Romney had emerged from a slashing primary race close to broke, looking to get to the nominating convention so he could reset his candidacy and get an infusion of cash,” the New York Times reports.

“While there is little that is similar between the candidacies of Mr. Romney and Donald J. Trump, the result may end up being the same.”

“Mr. Romney was defined by a brutal series of television ads aired by both Priorities USA, the super PAC supporting Mr. Obama, and his campaign. Mr. Romney, in those renderings, was a heartless corporate raider who talked about liking to fire people who did not provide good services, and whose private equity firm feasted on the modest-wage jobs of hard-working people. Mr. Romney never recovered.”
https://politicalwire.com/2016/06/20...as-romney-did/

Old 06-20-2016, 08:55 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Paul Ryan and the GOP Political Insiders are against Trump AND all of the Working Middle Class that support him. Their Choice, they will Reap what they Sow.

Citizens are FED-UP with this Elite Political Insider Status Quo, the LIES & the Corruption.
Yeah right, nobody cares about that crap. The only thing people are pissed about is the fact that they get nothing out of Washington that benefits them. People couldn't give a fig about corruption.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
I am in FL. And see anti Hillary ads only.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
I haven't seen any anti-Hillary ads this week in my area. Maybe they are running out of cash. No anti-Trump ads either but that's usually the case.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:25 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Haven't seen any presidential ads on TV...but this is in San Francisco. Deep into Hillary country.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:13 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It will reach into SE Ohio. Coal and Fracking country. She isn't winning anything there either.
So, clearly she is having ads on a WV station simply to make you hurl several times a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections