Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 12:12 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

When the NRA says you have gone too far with guns you should listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 12:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I think the general consensus is that guns in bars are a bad idea. They might have saved lives in Orlando, but would probably cost many more lives due to drunken gun battles. Even the NRA spokesperson said that.

It's another instance of Trump speaking without thinking. He says the first thing that comes into his head which is no way to craft policy.
Speeding is a bad idea, but I admit, I do it on the interstate. And I'm prepared to pay for the ticket.

Anyone know what the law says about carrying a concealed weapon into a bar, club? Felony?

Might be one of those laws that you have to fudge nowadays and hope you don't get caught.

Do they frisk you nowadays when you go to clubs?

Old 06-20-2016, 12:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Every time I see the anti Trumps foaming at the mouth in yet another thread of nothingness, I think: "Yep, you all are desperate. You're voting for a criminal...of course you'll grab at anything to take the attention off of your criminal lying hag who should be sitting behind bars right now."

Keep on posting, the desperation is hilarious.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:21 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Every time I see the anti Trumps foaming at the mouth in yet another thread of nothingness, I think: "Yep, you all are desperate. You're voting for a criminal...of course you'll grab at anything to take the attention off of your criminal lying hag who should be sitting behind bars right now."

I take it you haven't read the Easter Egg hunt thread yet....

Old 06-20-2016, 12:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Speeding is a bad idea, but I admit, I do it on the interstate. And I'm prepared to pay for the ticket.

Anyone know what the law says about carrying a concealed weapon into a bar, club? Felony?

Might be one of those laws that you have to fudge nowadays and hope you don't get caught.

Most places it's against the law. What difference does it make when the first response to Radicle Islamic Terrorist shooting up a place is democrats making new laws.

Why don't they come up with some that would actually work. Some states have laws where establishments that sell alcohol to customers are served by employees that are sober. A few waitresses, bartender, bar back, club manager, door person all sober and with guns would be a safer place to go.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:20 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:

In Florida, it's a felony if you are caught with a concealed weapon without a concealed weapons permit.

However, even if you have a CW Permit, you are not allowed to bring the weapon into a bar because they sell alcohol as their primary business. You could(with a permit) bring it into a restaurant such as chili's, because alcohol isn't their primary business. But you have to stay out of the bar area in this case.

I don't know whether it's a felony (in FL) to bring your concealed weapon into a bar if you are permit holder. That's a good question. Probably a felony is my guess but I don't know. Of course, every state has their own laws.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:42 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
[quote=phma;44481309]This goes beyond commonsense. Whose customers would have a better chance the ones without guns or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsuVdgOk7gs

Remember the Radicle Islamic Terrorist is looking for and choosing soft targets. Even the lying executive Yeah, a bunch of young people getting into mind-altered states at a bar or nightclub armed to the teeth with firearms... that's gonna work out great. The terrorists won't need to do a thing. That's so stupid that even the NRA shot it down.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:43 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
He actually might be right about people carrying concealed weapons and protecting themselves. There might be a lot of people alive today if one of them had a handgun. I wouldn't blame them like he did of the San Bernardino victims, but he's right about having a gun. I'm concerned that people who are drunk might not be sober to have gun in their hands and we'd have more than our share of accidental discharges/injuries/deaths.

Getting to be like the Wild Wild West again, unfortunately.
So, a guy puts down his beer, picks up his gun, and says "hey look..." I'll bet that never ends well.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

The desperation is on Mr. Trump's side.

Today: Mr. Trump fires his campaign manager less than a month before the RNC Convention after an internal revolt and with zero advance planning.

Today: Poll out today has Hillary +7 over Mr. Trump

Mick

Old 06-20-2016, 02:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
[quote=ambient;44482810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This goes beyond commonsense. Whose customers would have a better chance the ones without guns or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsuVdgOk7gs

Remember the Radicle Islamic Terrorist is looking for and choosing soft targets. Even the lying executive Yeah, a bunch of young people getting into mind-altered states at a bar or nightclub armed to the teeth with firearms... that's gonna work out great. The terrorists won't need to do a thing. That's so stupid that even the NRA shot it down.
Democrats live in a mind-altered state and can't tell the difference between sober employees and customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections