Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 12:32 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

This was from back in March but may still hold true in most cases. A lot has happened since they supported Trump 3 months ago.

Quote:
Tuesday's contests set up the slates in Illinois, Ohio and North Carolina and signal tough general elections in these battleground states.
Sen.Mark Kirk Sen. (R-Ill.) tops the list as the most vulnerable incumbent, as he faces a high-profile Democratic challenger in a state that went to President Obama in both the 2008 and 2012 elections.
Many of the vulnerable Republicans have said they’ll back Trump if he’s the GOP nominee, and Democrats have already used their support to link them to the controversial front-runner.
The upheaval over President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee only further complicates Republicans' chances to hold on to their small majority.

10 Senate seats most likely to flip in 2016 | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 12:51 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
This is why the GOP is clamoring for Marco Rubio to get back in - to protect that seat.
But it is too late, an obvious ploy, and Rubio is tainted,

Old 06-20-2016, 01:09 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is why the GOP is clamoring for Marco Rubio to get back in - to protect that seat.
I was about to respond that I did not think that Senator Rubio was that 'tainted'. However, looking about, I found this article about his current popularity in Florida:

Public Policy Polling: Marco Rubio

Hmmm. Perhaps he should 'retire' for a term, regroup, and come back in a few years 'older and wiser'.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:23 PM

Wishy washy Rubio flipped and endorsed Trump last April.
Would he run on or off the Trump bandwagon - there are negatives either way.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
you are right and he may be thinking about it, but he better get moving.

BTW: he didn't really endorse him but more endorsed the idea of sticking by the Republican nominee. There is a slight difference.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:29 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you are right and he may be thinking about it, but he better get moving.
I don't think he should run. I think he will lose

Old 06-20-2016, 01:33 PM

There are more at risk GOP Senate seats up this election versus at risk Democratic seats. Most pundits see the Senate going blue, a Trump candidacy just makes this more certain.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:19 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
There are more at risk GOP Senate seats up this election versus at risk Democratic seats. Most pundits see the Senate going blue, a Trump candidacy just makes this more certain.
I won"t be voting for either of Ohio"s Senate candidates. The {D}s are running Strickland a failed Gov with a a lousy political record. And the {R}s are running Portman who as late as last summer was running pro TPP ads stating how great it will be for Ohio. Both choices are terrible and I can not bring myself to inflict either one of these men on the whole country. I am not motivated nor care if the {R}s lose the majority it is still not a good enough reason to vote for Portman.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:31 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Maryland going Green

Old 06-21-2016, 06:06 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I won"t be voting for either of Ohio"s Senate candidates. The {D}s are running Strickland a failed Gov with a a lousy political record. And the {R}s are running Portman who as late as last summer was running pro TPP ads stating how great it will be for Ohio. Both choices are terrible and I can not bring myself to inflict either one of these men on the whole country. I am not motivated nor care if the {R}s lose the majority it is still not a good enough reason to vote for Portman.
Ohio is an important swing state, a lot of money pouring into the race which is a dead heat, if the GOP loses the senate and the presidential race there will be some changes particularly the supreme court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections