Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:44 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Rubio cannot wait . . . . he must run before he loses all of his hair. Rubio without hair is just a Cubano version of Rick Scott.

Mick
The problem is he has to convince voters that someone that lost to a political outsider is worthy of being the nominee. Which is further complicated by the fact it will be obvious he stayed in the Senate so he could run in 2020, that he only won one state in 2016, and lost his home state by large margins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 12:48 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,386,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If the GOP loses again (and I fully expect they will lose both the White House and the Senate come November) the party will need to do what the Bill Clinton and the "New Democrats"/"Third Wayers" did in the early 1990s ... triangulate and return to the center. They are going to have to expand the GOP beyond angry old White people and "Religious Right" Bible thumpers.

Either the GOP returns to the center and makes peace with changing demographics, or else the party will literally become irrelevant outside of the Deep South and some rural Western states.

Some 21st century prospects:
- Marco Rubio
- John Kasich
- Paul Ryan
- Ben Sasse
- Nikki Haley
- George P Bush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think by 2020, the GOP will be split into two parties. The party as a group seems very split in their priorities and beliefs.
Enigma, I tend to agree with you.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:51 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If Trump loses, there will be a revote in this country. Hillary cannot deliver any meaningful change to our system. All the things Hillary promise are way over her head and she will have to balance what her donors expects her and why people voted for her. I expect the GOP to maintain the house and senate just a little bit longer so it won't be easy to get anything done.

That's why I am not voting for her because I believe she will have problems delivering what her big donors expects and make voters happy.

Income inequality will continue and may get worse under her if her trade policies slips through without telling the people or sell it like Bill did with NAFTA. People were dumber back in the 90s, it'll be hard to get a Pacific Trade Agreement done without some casualties in both parties.

If people really think Hillary can change anything then go vote for her and stop complaining about being the rich getting richer.

People who voted for Obama thought race relations would improve, look what happened after 8 years....
It seems your beautiful rant made you forget what the OP's actual question was.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:18 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
To answer this correctly....
who ever the billionaires, banks and establishment wants to be president.

surprised Trump made it this far or.... did they want him to run anyway so they could get Hillary. Think about it :-)

Old 06-23-2016, 02:26 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Cruz and/or Rubio. This would have been Cruz's year if not for all the Independents and Democrats voting for Trump in open primaries. Primaries need to be CLOSED!

Old 06-23-2016, 02:30 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Default That is the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Not sure Trump classifies as an outsider. He's got Bill Clinton cooties all over him.
Think about it this way.

Trump in business had to deal with clients of all flavors and needs. To build a building in NYC, one has to be friends and a working relationship with all who play in the sandbox of Politics.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:30 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
My prediction is 2020 will be the last time the republicans run on a platform that is pro life, anti gay marriage/LBGT.

2024 will be the realignment election with the young Libertarian wing of the party finally takes over

Old 06-23-2016, 02:32 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Think about it this way.

Trump in business had to deal with clients of all flavors and needs. To build a building in NYC, one has to be friends and a working relationship with all who play in the sandbox of Politics.
Yea, its called "crony capitalism" and its one of the major issues that has helped ruin this country. Dishonest Donald is a pathetic fraud.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:34 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Ann coulter
Caitlyn Jenner
Tucker Carlson
Kim Davis
Jim Jordan

Old 06-23-2016, 02:37 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Hopefully Kelly Ayotte/Jodi Ernst best ticket for Republicans
You have a modern day Theodore Roosevelt and a Quasi Libertarian with military experience

I don't know I like the Republicans on everything. However, I feel they blend Christian religion into their politics and nerd to focus on seperating Church and State.

I am hoping a Republican can step forward doesn't have to like it, but supports LGBT rights. Candidate that's pro life, but realizes we need facilities to support abortions to protect women's health. Need to also advocate for adoption over abortion. Provide more resources to educate and prevent pregnancies till ready.

Open to improving healthcare in the US, change US tax system, and focused on larger power to States and smaller power as a nation over State affairs.

Last edited by RunD1987; 06-23-2016 at 02:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections