Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,499,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You don't find this foul or vulgar!?!?!? Calling the Hillary supporters uneducated redneck white trash?!?!? What if us "uneducated redneck white trash" started tossing around the "N" word?
Yeah, and you start calling Sharpton a racist for objecting to the seating of FL and MI delegation when none of the referenced article even talks about race being the reason for his objection. You are getting overly defensive and sensitive about race. You accused me of calling you a racist when you can't even point to any of my posts doing so. Heck, I don't even know what race or gender you belong to! Yet you act like someone with a guilty conscience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I have never seen garbage spewed out of anybody else's mouth on city data like that that comes out of yours. You really need to go to an anger management class. What makes you feel that it is ok to talk like this? Just who in the hell do you think you ARE?
Hey BVH:

Actually, I could think of another poster here who spews out such garbage. That's you. You attack Obama for his church affiliation. You call him a racist. You call him a demagogue. You call him a liar and plagiarist. In post after post, you spew garbage and black propaganda against Obama. So, yeah, you are a prime example of that which you are complaining about.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:50 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,387,111 times
Exclamation Taken out of context

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, this should bring Obama some good publicity -- NOT!

Sharpton threatens march on DNC - UPI.com

I hope Rev. Al marches in full splendor and stirs up more racial controversy a la Tawana!
Typical Obama hater. You're taking this story to levels it will never achieve. While Al would be right on this one; the DNC will not seat Florida and Michigan delegates. The media is simply hightlighting Clintons efforts to have this done because she can't accept losing.

The rules were set and Hillary followed her own advice to her demise. Edwards didn't even campaign in those states. Obama wasn't even on the ballot in Michigan. So, it's her fault...she should have gone to South Carolina!

It would not be comprehensible for the DNC to allow these delegates when the rules were set before the primaries began.

Also, if you read correctly, Al is countering a letter by another black activist from the NAACP who wants the delegates seated; so your theory of him stirring up "racial controversy" this time doesn't hold true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPI story excerpt;
"Sharpton's comments in a letter to DNC Chairman Howard Dean come on the heels of NAACP leader Julian Bond's urging of Democratic Party officials to seat the delegates or run the risk of "disenfranchising" minority voters."
Checkmate!

Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,387,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
I have never seen garbage spewed out of anybody else's mouth on city data like that that comes out of yours. You really need to go to an anger management class. What makes you feel that it is ok to talk like this? Just who in the hell do you think you ARE?

I have RARELY reported any posts. This is one that has been reported. You have a foul mouth and there is no room on this forum for this kind of unadulterated trash. This is a forum for ADULTS.
Yeah BVH..you're overreacting on this one. Chill.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,080,225 times
Quote:
You don't find this foul or vulgar!?!?!? Calling the Hillary supporters uneducated redneck white trash?!?!? What if us "uneducated redneck white trash" started tossing around the "N" word?

Is there no limit to what some Obama supporters feel is appropriate?
I don't get it. Where was "uneducated redneck white trash" used to describe Hillary supporters in that post? Are you making things up?

I don't know if you read my post on the Why Obama is Winning thread, but the OP CLEARLY said there that Obama is getting the low class black ghetto vote. That is no different than your white trash comment, which wasn't even made that I can see.

Obviously, there's no limit to what some Hillary supporters find appropriate either.

Unbelievable.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:31 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 600,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Here we go again. Sharpton never said anything about race. He is objecting to the Fl and MI delegation being seated despite them not having followed the rules. Sharpton and any Democrat who has an interest in the matter has the right to air his objection. I don't see where race has anything to do with it. Frankly, it is you who constantly injects race in this discussion.
Yea, hold onto that thought that I'M the racist. The NAACP, as you'll recall, is ALSO in favor of seating the delegates.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:04 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times
Quote:
Yea, hold onto that thought that I'M the racist. The NAACP, as you'll recall, is ALSO in favor of seating the delegates.
Exactly, and that was my point. Those who cared enough to read the article could see that Sharpton is at odds with the NAACP on this.

Rev. Al is a publicity-seeking, highly divisive character who doesn't let facts stand in the way of his organizing marches and other publicity stunts. (The Tawana incident was over-the-top, even by Sharpton standards.) If Obama permits this on his behalf, then it will become clear what sort of "uniter" he really is, with loonies like Sharpton running amok.

Furthermore, if Obama should happen to win the nomination, the Republicans will be clapping their hands in glee if Rev. Al stages events. It will make their job even easier. Unfortunately, Rev. Al's involvement will make it even more difficult for qualified African-American Democrats to seek the nation's highest office.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:11 PM

413 posts, read 906,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
oh god. thats all the democrates need is a racial march to turn off every white american voter out there. this guy needs to be locked up in an institute.
Yeah, awesome idea! Maybe we could put him in chains and put him to work on a plantation somewhere!

Old 02-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Exactly, and that was my point. Those who cared enough to read the article could see that Sharpton is at odds with the NAACP on this.

Rev. Al is a publicity-seeking, highly divisive character who doesn't let facts stand in the way of his organizing marches and other publicity stunts. (The Tawana incident was over-the-top, even by Sharpton standards.) If Obama permits this on his behalf, then it will become clear what sort of "uniter" he really is, with loonies like Sharpton running amok.
That's funny. Seems like you can't even comprehend your own post. You were claiming that Sharpton was trying to "stir up some racial controversy". But your article clearly debunks that. The fact that he was at odds with the NAACP over seating the delegates clearly shows that this is NOT a racial issue. Please read your article again.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:02 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
That's funny. Seems like you can't even comprehend your own post. You were claiming that Sharpton was trying to "stir up some racial controversy". But your article clearly debunks that. The fact that he was at odds with the NAACP over seating the delegates clearly shows that this is NOT a racial issue. Please read your article again.
Excuse me, but y'all are the ones making it into this big ole racial thing when the article specifically pointed out that the NAACP leader, whom I would consider mainstream, does NOT support the Rev. Al's outrage.

My whole point was that Sharpton is a loony who will bring bad publicity not only to Obama but to Democrats. It doesn't matter if he's a black loony, a white loony or a rainbow-colored loony, frankly, but he is an OBAMA-SUPPORTING LOONY! And, as such, this is EXACTLY the sort of spectacle that the Republicans would consider a gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections