Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Considering by most estimates we spend more on our military than the next 7-10 countries combined I find it difficult to believe our military needs building up. I don't believe MORE! MORE! MORE! $$$ should be the mantra until the DofD is audited for the first time in its history.
I am not saying spend more money, but I am saying maybe spend it more wisely; I am worried more about the fact we have less people serving in the military right now than anytime since before WW2. This is not good. I also wonder how many are serving because they didn't know what else to do when they got out of school. I am hoping that is not the case, but I do wonder.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:58 PM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Still does nothing to establish any consistency in vilifying some people for their remarks and not others.
I'm critical of Trump, I just think Clinton is worse. I wouldn't have voted for him...and I disagree with most of his policies....but if Bernie had gotten the nomination and was elected POTUS, at least some people could feel as though there is a shred of honesty as a virtue re choosing our highest ranking leader.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:01 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
. Certainly noting I said could be categorized as judgmental and I am not putting his girls down in any way.
Try reading your previous post, it came off as very judgmental and there was no question that you politics showed. Which is fine since that was your intent.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:11 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He's a creep who lusts for his own daughter.
Trump is simply saying he believes his daughter is a catch for any man. The left has such dirty minds.. disgusting..

Old 06-29-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
He looks old and tired... and, in the still shot of the link, he looks like he is picking his nose.
Hillary picks our pockets by giving our jobs away to the world.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm critical of Trump, I just think Clinton is worse. I wouldn't have voted for him...and I disagree with most of his policies....but if Bernie had gotten the nomination and was elected POTUS, at least some people could feel as though there is a shred of honesty as a virtue re choosing our highest ranking leader.
I like Bernie.. but he didn't have an anwer on how to get those college graduates a job.. I know too many graduates , they flip burgers, have a small part time job and can't make a living.. they are both almost 30 and still living with their parents.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:38 PM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Maybe-that seems to be taken out of context though. The original comment was that her pride was not only because Obama was doing well, but because she thought it seemed people genuinely were 'hungry for change'.

Poor choice of words saying 'first time in my adult life'? Maybe, but who am I to disagree with what a black woman in America takes pride in?
I thought this part of her speech was from Grant Park on Election Night in 2008, but it was actually from a speech in Madison, Wisconsin on the campaign trail.

She said -- "Let me tell you something, for the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change".

She shouldn't need either of those things to be proud of her country.

People of different races likely differ re some things each has pride in...but patriotism, IMO, is not one of those things.

I wonder if she would have the guts to walk up to a black member of one of the branches of the U.S. Military...wearing his/her uniform....and say what I quoted above. I doubt it.

As time went on after that comment, she tried to walk it back and restate it, but...IME....the first comment best represents the views of the person, not any 'restatements'.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:54 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,678,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is simply saying he believes his daughter is a catch for any man. The left has such dirty minds.. disgusting..

I'll assume you did not see the unedited version of this video.
The conversation is about his daughter's body, with references to her posing nude.
Then Don says if she was not his daughter he would date her.
You must have missed the Woody Allen reference that Don laughed at.
And then there were the much earlier comments about her future breast size.

As the father of a daughter, I found the whole thing sickening.
But as Don said, he could do or say anything and the **********s would still vote for him.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,471,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is simply saying he believes his daughter is a catch for any.
It must be getting tough to "Trumpsplain" so often, and with such creativity.

https://www.facebook.com/AuthorQasim...type=3&theater

Old 06-29-2016, 01:58 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I'll assume you did not see the unedited version of this video.
The conversation is about his daughter's body, with references to her posing nude.
Then Don says if she was not his daughter he would date her.
You must have missed the Woody Allen reference that Don laughed at.
And then there were the much earlier comments about her future breast size.

As the father of a daughter, I found the whole thing sickening.
But as Don said, he could do or say anything and the **********s would still vote for him.
His daughter was a year old when he made that comment about his hopes for her possible future breast size. No decent father makes comments like that about their one year old toddler, especially on national television.

The man is a pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.