Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 09:47 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
It's actually the most pragmatic thing to do, though NO ONE has uttered the word amnesty (since Reagan).
It's true that Kaine never said "amnesty". What he said was "immigration reform" which in his case meant amnestying all the illegals. "Immigration reform" is just a euphemism for amnesty.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:47 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I'm not sure why that qualifies him as committing fraud. He saw that it wasn't working and he listened to the people, then urged the Virginia General Assembly to repeal the fees.

"Virginia citizens in huge numbers have told us that the fees should be repealed," Kaine said. "We should listen to them."

Kaine urges lawmakers to repeal abusive driver fees

Still, I'd just as soon see Warren as VP.

Trump's putting Trump first.

I can't understand why all his supporters are thinking that Trump is looking out for their interests and well-being. He's a wealthy supposed billionaire who lives lavishly and ostentatiously ...I personally don't see him giving a sh** about us common folk. Why should he? He's so egocentric (speaking of egocentric) and narcissistic that it just doesn't make any sense that he would care about me who toiled all my life and now retired with an income less than 100k.
~amanda
And Hillary isn't rich? The same old politicians are going to give us the same results. Trump is different! Do you think that he's in it for the money? Trump is a businessman not a politician.
Do you think he wants to fail as president?
If Trump were to win then he would have to produce... otherwise he would lose re-election. So, there would be plenty of incentive for him to do what he says.
Trump is a very competitive man. He is motivated by succeeding and sticking it to the naysayers.

Even Obama has done what he said he would. Unfortunately, his policies are bad for us.
So, it's the policies that matter.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
I can already imagine Trump's attacks:
"Do we really want to elect a stiff like Kaine...this is the same guy that killed Abel"

Old 06-29-2016, 07:18 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
I can already imagine Trump's attacks:
"Do we really want to elect a stiff like Kaine...this is the same guy that killed Abel"
or...

And his name is reported as ...Tim....Kaine.... who we believe is a Mexican...

Old 06-29-2016, 07:22 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
or...

And his name is reported as ...Tim....Kaine.... who we believe is a Mexican...
He speaks Spanish folks...he may be an illegal...I mean nobody's heard of this guy until he ran...nobody knows him

Old 06-29-2016, 07:24 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
He's a fraud. He's way too ego-centric, and has no integrity. Look at what he tried to do in VA. He tried to slip a $1000 fine for VA residents for excessive speeding. Now, I'm not advocating for excessive speeding, but his "law" was overturned quickly by angry citizens and common sense.
I don't know much about the guy but I do know the word excessive nicely sums up Virginia traffic law enforcement and has for a good long time before this cat ever got into office.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:24 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,646 times
Quote:
And Hillary isn't rich? The same old politicians are going to give us the same results. Trump is different! Do you think that he's in it for the money? Trump is a businessman not a politician.
Do you think he wants to fail as president?
If Trump were to win then he would have to produce... otherwise he would lose re-election. So, there would be plenty of incentive for him to do what he says.
Trump is a very competitive man. He is motivated by succeeding and sticking it to the naysayers.

Even Obama has done what he said he would. Unfortunately, his policies are bad for us.
So, it's the policies that matter.
Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily a fan of Hilary. However, for me (and I know you feel just the opposite), she will do much less damage than Trump. Trump will be a disaster both for the economy and for our relations with other countries.

Sure, he's obviously not in it for money directly, although he does want policies which would benefit his business dealings as that is what will be FIRST, not you nor me, but his business and his family are all that really matter to him. He needs this to feed his enormous ego. He wants the fame. He wants the power. He's the prototypical narcissist.

He's certainly convinced you that he cares about your well being. He hasn't convinced me. He's an ostentatious supposed billionaire who lives extremely lavishly. You may be wealthy and his policies may benefit you if he becomes president. We're not wealthy as our net worth is well below 5-million and our income below 200k. He doesn't give a crap for people like me. Since you're monetarily wealthy, then I understand why you are for him. But there is a huge number that are middle-class working stiffs in this country and he doesn't care one bit about us. Why YOU think he does alludes me.

The fallacy is, is that even you wealthy folk will be hurt by his economic policies. Those of us who are sensible middle-class Americans can hopefully get out and vote in numbers far higher than you wealthy folk and those of you who are lower-income and "poorly educated" who Trump loves so much, in order to keep him from becoming president.

I'm just stating my opinions just as you are. The voters will decide.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
He's a fraud. He's way too ego-centric, and has no integrity. Look at what he tried to do in VA. He tried to slip a $1000 fine for VA residents for excessive speeding. Now, I'm not advocating for excessive speeding, but his "law" was overturned quickly by angry citizens and common sense.
How is he egocentric?

Old 06-29-2016, 07:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
He's not controversial. He speaks fluent Spanish and that will come in handy for him in 2016. And 2020. And 2024...etc.. Not sure what the Bernie-bots will think but they don't like anybody except bernie anyway, so they don't get a say-so in the pick.
I like him a lot. He's an intelligent happy positive person--refreshing.

Torn between Sherrod Brown and Kaine. I like Perez a lot-he's a smart straight-shooter, but I think Hillary needs a younger white guy on the ticket.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:13 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I like him a lot. He's an intelligent happy positive person--refreshing.

Torn between Sherrod Brown and Kaine. I like Perez a lot-he's a smart straight-shooter, but I think Hillary needs a younger white guy on the ticket.
Perez is terrific but I don't think he will be the VP.

Here he is in early May on CNN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3JfEL3bI-Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections