Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 08:24 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

No matter who wins, it'll be great to see Obama gone. He's been one of the most dishonest,lying Presidents we've ever had.

Good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 12:33 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Not me!
I'm at an age when I'm really happy to still be vertical and suckin' wind, and glad to be seeing everything that's going on this year.

The storm clouds have been gathering for a very long time, and we have all lived under the same dismal grey skies for far too long. It's high time for the thunder and lightning to begin and the downpour that follows them. This nation needs a good rain right now; it's been far too long without one in this new century. We have been driving in one direction while gazing in the rear view mirrors for over 10 years, and its high time we started looking through the windshield again.

I wouldn't want to miss a moment of it.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:28 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No matter who wins, it'll be great to see Obama gone. He's been one of the most dishonest,lying Presidents we've ever had.
Obama doesn't even come close. Not even in the Top Ten.

Surely, you haven't forgotten the Iran-Contra affair.

Reagan denied trading for hostages. "We did not, I repeat, did not trade weapons or anything else [to Iran] for hostages, nor will we." A few months later he admitted, "A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not." A disingenuous way of saying, “I lied.”.

The 7 Biggest Liars in Presidential History | Alternet

Nixon. Where to start? Watergate? Cambodia? Salvador Allende? "I am not a crook."

Or Bush looking under furniture for the WMDs that we attacked Iraq over.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:42 PM

675 posts, read 644,926 times
It's been fun to follow. That said, I am very, very eager to see who wins.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:55 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,867 times
Personally, I am burned out with all the political fighting. Couple that with the police killings, the troubles in Europe and the immigrant thing, Isis, the economy; it's all a bit much. I've been around a long long time and it all seems like we're in a great big turmoil. It's exhausting. Maybe something like the fighting over the war in Viet Nam. I'll at least be glad to see the election over, though I don't doubt that will result in another round of fighting about something.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Personally, I am burned out with all the political fighting. Couple that with the police killings, the troubles in Europe and the immigrant thing, Isis, the economy; it's all a bit much. I've been around a long long time and it all seems like we're in a great big turmoil. It's exhausting. Maybe something like the fighting over the war in Viet Nam. I'll at least be glad to see the election over, though I don't doubt that will result in another round of fighting about something.
Communities hold our world together. As communities all over the world fall apart, our world is falling apart.

According to a report from the UN, there are more refugees now than ever recorded before. More than after WWII. Given that the conflicts they are escaping from show no signs of being resolved any time soon, they may not be returning to their communities in their lifetimes.

Look at the mean-spirited divisiveness that is pulling our own nation apart.

Steven King, a Republican from Iowa, informed us earlier this week that white people have made more contributions to civilization that nonwhites. Footprints of Christianity and all. He was voicing what many firmly believe.

Even here on City-Data folks have divided up into camps. Each group shaking heads at the gullible, misinformed postings of the other.

The communities we see falling apart today may well be just the tip of the iceberg.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:34 PM

49 posts, read 39,208 times
I'm sorta looking forward to the 2024 elections because we will have to endure 8 years (yes 8) of Hilary's "What difference does it make?".

Old 07-20-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarMaDraMa View Post
I'm sorta looking forward to the 2024 elections because we will have to endure 8 years (yes 8) of Hilary's "What difference does it make?".
Or 8 years of Trump and whatever-the-hell he stands for.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Way, way too late. this should haven't gotten out of the summer much less have 4 months left to go. I'm done, way done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections