Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 01:48 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Wednesday is resurfacing a primary-election argument, touting a new survey that shows him performing better than Donald Trump against Hillary Clinton in critical battleground states.

The former GOP presidential hopeful sent out a release citing Ballotpedia’s battlegrounds survey, which shows Clinton leading Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, in all seven swing states in the general election.
Kasich touts poll showing he does better against Clinton than Trump | TheHill

I wonder if he thinks that Never Trump is going to prevail at the convention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:51 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Maybe Kasich has been chosen, behind the scenes, as the "Never Trump" alternate candidate for the convention.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:57 PM

754 posts, read 486,053 times
Nah his chances are gone.

Lets be honest though, Trump supporters will never want to admit this, and neither would most democrats on here, but Kasich would have given the Republicans an excellent shot of winning the whitehouse.

He's not the most exciting candidate, but neither is Hillary, and his unfavorables are nowhere near as bad as hers.

Latest poll had him destroying Hillary (like 15+ points) in Ohio, a hugely important swing state.

Democrats wont acknowledge this but Kasich/Rubio ticket may have beaten them.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:58 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
I think Kasich for sure will win Ohio. He might win Wisconsin, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Maine and New Hampshire.

I personally think Kasich would have won. It's the only candidate I would consider voting for but to be honest I don't know if I could. It depends on his positions, if he started pandering to the crazy evangelicals no way in hell I would ever vote for him.

The problem is that Trump supporters would revolt so it's not a good idea. Let the Trumpettes die a slow death. It's been fun watching them everyday telling us how the polls are incorrect after spending the whole primaries posting them over and over. Yeah I'm talking about you LauraC and WaldoKitty among others LOL

Old 06-29-2016, 02:04 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Nah his chances are gone.

Lets be honest though, Trump supporters will never want to admit this, and neither would most democrats on here, but Kasich would have given the Republicans an excellent shot of winning the whitehouse.

He's not the most exciting candidate, but neither is Hillary, and his unfavorables are nowhere near as bad as hers.

Latest poll had him destroying Hillary (like 15+ points) in Ohio, a hugely important swing state.

Democrats wont acknowledge this but Kasich/Rubio ticket may have beaten them.
I'm a Democrat and I have no problem acknowledging that Kasich would have been a tough competitor.

But he was vulnerable because the impression he works so hard at giving of being more of a moderate is not backed up by his record. I think it still would have been close but there is a lot of information that wasn't used in the primary season that would have been front and center in a general election and I don't think he would have attracted nearly as many crossover votes once people were more fully informed about his actual history.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:05 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I think Kasich for sure will win Ohio. He might win Wisconsin, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Maine and New Hampshire.

I personally think Kasich would have won. It's the only candidate I would consider voting for but to be honest I don't know if I could. It depends on his positions, if he started pandering to the crazy evangelicals no way in hell I would ever vote for him.

The problem is that Trump supporters would revolt so it's not a good idea. Let the Trumpettes die a slow death. It's been fun watching them everyday telling us how the polls are incorrect after spending the whole primaries posting them over and over. Yeah I'm talking about you LauraC and WaldoKitty among others LOL
So you are celebrating the latest poll showing crooked Hillary losing ground and pretty much tied. Trumps hidden support is going her cult.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:09 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So you are celebrating the latest poll showing crooked Hillary losing ground and pretty much tied. Trumps hidden support is going her cult.
Yeah talk to me when Trump's average is higher than Hillary's. In the meantime you just making a fool of yourself. Right now Trump is not even winning individual polls and the difference is Clinton +6.2 You sound like you are celebrating your losses. It's pretty similar to when people were celebrating that Cruz was coming second in every poll. Well at least Trump is not coming third like Marco... right?

Old 06-29-2016, 02:14 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,059 times
I think that there were several Republican tickets that could have beaten Clinton, she is not an especially strong candidate. But given the hostile takeover of the GOP by the **********s (formerly known as the teabaggers) it is a sure bet we get another Clinton for 4 to 8 years.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Kasich touts poll showing he does better against Clinton than Trump | TheHill

I wonder if he thinks that Never Trump is going to prevail at the convention?

Pipe dreams.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:10 PM

754 posts, read 486,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I think that there were several Republican tickets that could have beaten Clinton, she is not an especially strong candidate. But given the hostile takeover of the GOP by the **********s (formerly known as the teabaggers) it is a sure bet we get another Clinton for 4 to 8 years.

If Trump loses, and particularly if he loses big, "**********s" aka Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, Eric Bolling, Lou Dobbs, Ann Coulter etc will have ZERO creditability come 2020. How can anyone take them seriously if he loses in a landslide??

The republicans by that stage will be sick of losing, the 2020 primaries will reformed to make sure a Paul Ryan type candidate almost certainly wins. Basically, make the whole thing proportional so no candidate gets over 50% and let superdelegates decide the rest.

If Hillary doesn't get a economic boom, with <2% GDP growth, mediocre approval ratings throughout, 66% of the country still saying the country is going the wrong way, then she will be sitting duck, 12 years of the democrats (not to mention 12 years of the Clintons in total) christ anyone, Paul Ryan or somebody would surely be favorites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections