Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:17 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times

Advertisements

Heck, why not. Neither Donald nor Joe know which party he belongs to at any given moment.

It's going to be Chris Christie. By default. Mark my word.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 08:22 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
Politics is often unfair, but there exists a stigma for being on a losing ticket, so I expect that Lieberman won't be chosen.

If Trump chooses any Democrat as his running mate, I think that person would be Jim Webb (who has publicly praised Trump and also has criticized the Democrats for ignoring the concerns of poor white people).
Good point! If Webb publicly switches parties then we'll see. I am hoping for Santorum or Ken Cuccinelli. I realize that they aren't likely candidates, but they are solid conservatives who would give the ticket street cred.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:32 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
What other has-beens might Trump consider? Sarah Palin? Dan Quayle? Eric Cantor? That woman who said she wasn't a witch?

Old 06-30-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Heck, why not. Neither Donald nor Joe know which party he belongs to at any given moment.

Mick
Oh I hope so. Hillary will have a field day playing back all of Cristie's comments about Trump.

http:// http://talkingpointsmemo.com...comments-trump

Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Well is he ?
Uh... why on Earth would he be?

Quote:
Disadvantages ?
No charisma. None at all. Zero. Let me put it this way - in that regard he was outshone by the topic of the ticket... Al flippin' Gore!

He's a complete nobody at this point. His political presence since leaving office is non-existent. What was Lieberman's big claim to fame? Oh, yeah-- he thought Bush's decision to invade Iraq was spot-on. Great...

He's a Democrat (well, kinda...). And the two issues on which he generally broke with the Democrats and sided with Republicans were his hawkish foreign policy and his full-throated embrace of free trade. But Trump is a non-interventionist and he espouses all sorts of protectionist policies. So policy-wise, Lieberman would be a complete disaster.

He's old (74).

He's Jewish, so his presence on the ticket would royally ****-off the neo-Nazi part of the Trump coalition (not sure if you can really call 35% of the electorate a coalition, though...).

He offers absolutely no electoral advantage, no demographic advantage, no campaigning advantage.

Quote:
Advantages ?
Let's see - his father never allegedly hung out with Lee Harvey Oswald? He wasn't born in Kenya? No one thinks he murdered Vince Foster?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I cannot for the life of me fathom why you would even think to ask this question. What on Earth can be going through anyone's mind who thinks: "Hey! Joe Lieberman! He just might be the final piece of the puzzle!". But then, the mind of the Trumpkin is a mysterious thing...

Old 06-30-2016, 09:12 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,455,501 times
Ah, yes, Dick Cheney;s BFF and traitor to the Democratic Party. I have never said this about any American Jew holding elected office, apart from LIEburrWOEman -- he holds Israel:s interestes dearer than our own.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:15 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
David Duke might rescind his endorsement.
Has he given up his membership in the Democrat Party yet?

Old 06-30-2016, 09:21 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I cannot for the life of me fathom why you would even think to ask this question. What on Earth can be going through anyone's mind who thinks: "Hey! Joe Lieberman! He just might be the final piece of the puzzle!". But then, the mind of the Trumpkin is a mysterious thing...
I think they found a stash of good LSD from the 70's and are not sharing

I must confess My pick was Kasich I thought they would kiss and make up but that does not look possible. My picks now are Christie or Sessions, at least the picks have some kind of logic behind them.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I think they found a stash of good LSD from the 70's and are not sharing

I must confess My pick was Kasich I thought they would kiss and make up but that does not look possible. My picks now are Christie or Sessions, at least the picks have some kind of logic behind them.
I'm sure the Clinton media people already have an ad made up and ready to go with all the video of Christie criticizing Trump and all the ugly things Trump said about Christie. It's a goldmine of a negative ad.

Gingrich and Sessions wouldn't come with as much potential for ridicule.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:30 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
Chris Christie would be a poor choice since he's pissed off the entire state of NJ right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections