Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 09:01 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
But, yet, they have a history of having both sides accept their invitations to speak before them. Not a crock of lies. Simple reporting of what the organization said about the speakers invited or not invited to their convention. Ample evidence that trump does not and will never have anywhere near a significant portion of the hispanic vote, which is the point of this thread.

It is a crock of lies that Trump has vilified Hispanics. What part of that didn't you get? He will never get much of the Hispanic vote simply because he wants our immigration laws enforced. The NCLR will have nothing of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
I don't see Donald ever getting a good portion of Hispanic vote. While it is true that he mostly lashes out at illegals, the way he does it betrays a visceral hatred for our not-quite-white immigrants from South of the border. When I watch this guy I can just feel nationalist hatred filling up the area around him. Given that legal and illegal Hispanics look the same and share the same culture, for the most part, I think that the legal Hispanics are mostly repelled by the vibes that Trump gives off.

If his deportation squads come to pass, how are they going to figure out who is legal and who is not except by harassing *all* brown people and people with Spanish-sounding names? I imagine the answer to that is the key to understanding Trump's standing with Hispanics.
Boy, that's a real way out there stretch. You've been watching too much MSNBC and CNN. FYI, a large number of legal Hispanics don't want any more illegals here taking their jobs away.
As I already posted elsewhere, the Hispanic vote is by far concentrated in the southwestern states and those states are already a given as to who they will vote for. CA Clinton, Texas Trump, Arizona Trump, New Mexico can go either way as well as Nevada but Trump has a good chance at both.
The only large state left is Florida where Hispanics make up a large percentage of the population. The rest are pretty much irrelevant due to the Electoral College and Trump has a very good chance of winning there. All the hoopla about Hispanics and how they will vote is a lot to do about not very much due to geographics and and the Electoral College except for Florida.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I don't see Donald ever getting a good portion of Hispanic vote. While it is true that he mostly lashes out at illegals, the way he does it betrays a visceral hatred for our not-quite-white immigrants from South of the border. When I watch this guy I can just feel nationalist hatred filling up the area around him. Given that legal and illegal Hispanics look the same and share the same culture, for the most part, I think that the legal Hispanics are mostly repelled by the vibes that Trump gives off.

If his deportation squads come to pass, how are they going to figure out who is legal and who is not except by harassing *all* brown people and people with Spanish-sounding names? I imagine the answer to that is the key to understanding Trump's standing with Hispanics.

Where are you getting from Trump's remarks that he portrays a visceral hatred for non-white immigrants from south of our border when he was talking about those coming here illegally not legally? Nationalist hatred? Are you joking? Why would legal Hispanics be upset about the negative facts being spoken about their group coming here illegally? Aren't they just as obligated to respect our immigration laws as everyone else is? No, you've got it backwards. Far too many Hispanics have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration laws. It is they who should be your concern not Trump. Actually, you sound just like one of them with your victim mentality.

What nonsense that all brown people would be harassed! Legal immigrants and Hispanic citizens would have proof that they are here legally and the only way they'd be questioned is under lawful contact where justification were apparent and it would have nothing to do with their skin color or surname. You sound like the typical Hispanic whether here legally or illegally trying to gain sympathy for illegal aliens of the Hispanic persuasion. The race card is getting old.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Boy, that's a real way out there stretch. You've been watching too much MSNBC and CNN. FYI, a large number of legal Hispanics don't want any more illegals here taking their jobs away.
As I already posted elsewhere, the Hispanic vote is by far concentrated in the southwestern states and those states are already a given as to who they will vote for. CA Clinton, Texas Trump, Arizona Trump, New Mexico can go either way as well as Nevada but Trump has a good chance at both.
The only large state left is Florida where Hispanics make up a large percentage of the population. The rest are pretty much irrelevant due to the Electoral College and Trump has a very good chance of winning there. All the hoopla about Hispanics and how they will vote is a lot to do about not very much due to geographics and and the Electoral College except for Florida.

Florida's Hispanic population is made up of mostly Cubans. They mainly vote Republican and they have no interest in amnesty for illegal aliens mostly of whom are Mexicans.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Pretty much this. The Hispanic vote won't be a huge factor for at least 3-4 more elections.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:32 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,226,968 times
The LEGAL Hispanics like trump.
It is the illegals that do not.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
The LEGAL Hispanics like trump.
It is the illegals that do not.
Not too many illegals are voting, except in CA where it's fairly common practice and their vote in CA is worthless because it's already ultra liberal without them.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:46 AM

244 posts, read 180,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What nonsense that all brown people would be harassed! Legal immigrants and Hispanic citizens would have proof that they are here legally and the only way they'd be questioned is under lawful contact where justification were apparent and it would have nothing to do with their skin color or surname. You sound like the typical Hispanic whether here legally or illegally trying to gain sympathy for illegal aliens of the Hispanic persuasion. The race card is getting old.
Since my wife is a South American (first generation, legal, US citizen, with an advanced degree) I can explain this some more.

There are two major documents to prove US citizenship for people like her: a US passport and a naturalization certificate. Both are a real hassle to carry around so no one does. With Trump's promised crackdown she will have to start carrying one of those documents or risk being arrested.

Now I am white and have the same status as her: a naturalized US citizen, but of Eastern European origin. No one would ever suspect me of being an illegal Hispanic just from the way I look. So unlike my brown wife, I would not have to walk around with an American passport or a naturalization certificate.

This illustrates why people with personal exposure to immigrant or minority issues often consider Trump racist.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Since my wife is a South American (first generation, legal, US citizen, with an advanced degree) I can explain this some more.

There are two major documents to prove US citizenship for people like her: a US passport and a naturalization certificate. Both are a real hassle to carry around so no one does. With Trump's promised crackdown she will have to start carrying one of those documents or risk being arrested.

Now I am white and have the same status as her: a naturalized US citizen, but of Eastern European origin. No one would ever suspect me of being an illegal Hispanic just from the way I look. So unlike my brown wife, I would not have to walk around with an American passport or a naturalization certificate.

This illustrates why people with personal exposure to immigrant or minority issues often consider Trump racist.
The only thing Trump wants to do is enforce the current immigration laws. If that's too radical and extreme, then change the laws, but don't ignore them and make believe they don't exist, promoting illegal immigration. Your wife went through the trouble, time and money to become a citizen. She deserves lots of praise for doing it the right way, and BTW so did my parents.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:07 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Legal Mexicans speak out against the illegals.. they don't like the illegals taking their jobs either.. Mexicans are not liked by the illegals. They hate the fact they are Americans... Legal Mexicans do not like illegals.. that is fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections