Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 12:25 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times

Advertisements

Talking about one's grandchildren for the receiver gets very old for any length of time. Let's be honest. Really, I'm glad people gush about their grandchildren, love them, whatever, but it's selfish to go on and on about it anymore than a sports fan goes on about his favorite team with someone on the other side who really doesn't care but is just trying to be nice......or about this/that/the other topic. But given many people are selfish/self-absorbed, I can understand why many people get "offended" because they are "me me me and my life" types. Come on people who are "offended" by this..... take interest in others once in a while and stop rambling about yourselves, your grandkids, your whatever and take some interest in others.....makes the conversation much more interesting for both...except the selfish/self-absorbed who I walk away from pretty quick these days when the "me" and "I' overwhelms the conversation.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-02-2016 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 12:31 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,386,399 times
I heard his comments. I have grandchildren. He said he loves his grandchildren. I agree with him -- it doesn't take more than a few seconds to tell someone what wonderful grandchildren you have. OP is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:37 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
"This case will be resolved by the team that has been working on it from the beginning," Lynch added. "Supervisors always review matters, in this case the review will be career people in the DOJ, and also the FBI will review it, up to and including the FBI director, and that will be the finalization of not just the factual findings, but the next steps in this matter.”

Lynch said this during an interview in Aspen.

https://www.rt.com/usa/349134-lynch-...email-scandal/

Seems like business as usual to me.

Wonder what Trump and the Republicans will be "outraged" about tomorrow?

Old 07-02-2016, 12:42 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
OK, so he's shaking up his staff yet again, not exactly NEWS, more like habit. But, to anyone who notices these things (like proud grandparents), or anyone who is worried about the future for their offspring, trump offers a pretty cavalier attitude toward the kids:

"He mocked Lynch’s claim that the two had talked about their grandchildren. Referencing his own role as a grandfather, Trump told the audience that he loves his eight grandchildren but that he couldn’t fill up 20 minutes of conversation about them, which is the amount of time Clinton is said to have met with Lynch.
“If I talk about them for more than nine or 10 seconds … after that what are you going to say?” Trump said, shrugging.

And the trump followers will jump in with "who cares about grandparents" in 3...2...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...000000679.html
Like you Hillary supporters always say.....Yawn.

This is a story? Seems more like grasping at straws to me. I can't believe the thread even made it to 4 pages.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:03 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Talking about one's grandchildren for the receiver gets very old for any length of time. Let's be honest. Really, I'm glad people gush about their grandchildren, love them, whatever, but it's selfish to go on and on about it anymore than a sports fan goes on about his favorite team with someone on the other side who really doesn't care but is just trying to be nice......or about this/that/the other topic. But given many people are selfish/self-absorbed, I can understand why many people get "offended" because they are "me me me and my life" types. Come on people who are "offended" by this..... take interest in others once in a while and stop rambling about yourselves, your grandkids, your whatever and take some interest in others.....makes the conversation much more interesting for both...except the selfish/self-absorbed who I walk away from pretty quick these days when the "me" and "I' overwhelms the conversation.
^^^^Very well put!

And the anti-Trumps think Trump is a narcissist because he doesn't ramble on and on about his grandkids

Besides, if they took the time to look at Trump's page on that social media site that CD doesn't want mentioned in posts, they will see that from time-to-time Trump will post a photo of one of his grandkids. Recently, he posted a photo of Ivanka holding her baby. Another time, he posted a photo of one of his granddaughters who visited him while he was working in his office. That said, he can't win. Once the anti-Trump hear this, they'll then find a way to twist it to make him look bad.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:12 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Does anyone have the clip?

Old 07-02-2016, 02:20 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Very well put!

And the anti-Trumps think Trump is a narcissist because he doesn't ramble on and on about his grandkids
Spot on!.....isn't this the irony of ironies?

Old 07-02-2016, 05:18 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
OMG! With a world view like that, how on earth do you continue to support trump?

Old 07-02-2016, 05:23 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
OMG! With a world view like that, how on earth do you continue to support trump?

Nearly all politicians are narcissistic to a degree.

First of all, you complain because Trump is honest and says he doesn't talk about his grandkids very much. Never mind that he occasionally posts photos on that social media site that can't be discussed on CD.

Then when the grandparents who support him, (BTW, I asked if you have grandkids and you didn't answer) explain that it's wrong to monopolize the conversation talking about one's grandkids, you complain about that.

How can you support Hillary? She only cares about Hillary.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:28 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Nothing wrong with a strong women running the country unless you are in the GOP.

I have 3 grand kids and will spend as much time talking about them as any one can stand. They are mine and I love them. Don the Nut does not know love only self pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections