Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 05:29 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times

Advertisements

I have grandkids. Nothing is as great as grandkids. I do not discuss them with acquaintances.

It was stupid for Clinton to do what he did. Put her a a bad situation. She could either be a polite lady and chitchat or tell him to get the hell out of there.

It does look like Bill is sandbagging his wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 05:33 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Nothing wrong with a strong women running the country unless you are in the GOP.

I have 3 grand kids and will spend as much time talking about them as any one can stand. They are mine and I love them. Don the Nut does not know love only self pleasure.
So, you have no problem boring friends and acquaintances to tears? Do you also carry a photo album with you and expect other people to ooh and ahh over every single photo?

I love my grandkids but I also know that most people aren't interested in hearing every single detail of their lives.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:34 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Nearly all politicians are narcissistic to a degree.

First of all, you complain because Trump is honest and says he doesn't talk about his grandkids very much. Never mind that he occasionally posts photos on that social media site that can't be discussed on CD.

Then when the grandparents who support him, (BTW, I asked if you have grandkids and you didn't answer) explain that it's wrong to monopolize the conversation talking about one's grandkids, you complain about that.

How can you support Hillary? She only cares about Hillary.
I'm here to talk about trump, and trump's uncanny ability to alienate people who have a concern that cuts across all demographics, ethnicity, religion, and even affects LGBT people. That is a wide swath of voters.

I know people have a shorter attention span these days, but struggling to talk about ones grandchildren for 9 to 10 seconds is hardly monopolizing the conversation. His statement reflects badly on himself and his priorities, and should give people who are concerned for their children's future reason to pause and think about what they want from a president.

Old 07-02-2016, 05:36 PM

ahem... they said that they also talked about golf. Notice that trump didn't way he could only talk about golf for 9 or 10 seconds.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I'm here to talk about trump, and trump's uncanny ability to alienate people who have a concern that cuts across all demographics, ethnicity, religion, and even affects LGBT people. That is a wide swath of voters.

I know people have a shorter attention span these days, but struggling to talk about ones grandchildren for 9 to 10 seconds is hardly monopolizing the conversation. His statement reflects badly on himself and his priorities, and should give people who are concerned for their children's future reason to pause and think about what they want from a president.
Are you a grandmother? Yes or no.

Did you read the previous posts in this thread before posting again? The answer to that is "no". If you had read them, you would have noticed that I pointed out that Trump has posted photos of his grandkids on his page on that social media site that CD doesn't like being mentioned here. Recently, he posted a photo of Ivanka and her baby.

I seriously doubt that grandparents all across the country are going to be alienated because Trump says he doesn't talk about his grandkids much. In fact, most of us understand that the average person isn't going to be interested in hearing a long, drawn out conversation about someone else's grandkids.

How about a grandparent comes to your house with a few photo albums and talks to you in detail about each and every photo?

Old 07-02-2016, 06:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
OK, I'm gonna stomp my little foot and say, hey, folks, I started this thread to talk about trump's clear lack of concern, empathy, whatever, for children, and how it looks to those who actually do have concern for their own children and grand children. This is a guy who wants to be in a position to send our children and grand children off to war, and it is clear he could give a poop less about them. Stop hijacking it to talk about clinton, there are tons of threads out there for that!
I don't think Trump cares much about anything at all except for Trump. Seriously. Kids? Grandkids? Wife? None of those things matter much to Trump. Only Trump matters to Trump.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't think Trump cares much about anything at all except for Trump. Seriously. Kids? Grandkids? Wife? None of those things matter much to Trump. Only Trump matters to Trump.
Yes. My point exactly.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:28 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Quote:
I'm not suggesting that the meeting was anything other than stupid on the part of both people. I am concerned, however, that what trump said in the article about children makes it clear that the doesn't give a hoot about them.

"“If I talk about them for more than nine or 10 seconds … after that what are you going to say?” Trump said, shrugging."

Sorry, but that still reeks of lack of concern for, well, anyone other than himself. It should send a signal to anyone (either with or without children) that trump will throw them to the wolves.
I'm not one to defend Trump very often, but he's clearly implying that there had to be more to the conversation than chit chatting about the kids. Most of the time Trump just makes sh*t up, but in this case .........

Old 07-02-2016, 06:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Yes. My point exactly.
I mean, seriously -- notice how little he talks about Tiffany, his daughter? He's mentioned her, what, once? I doubt Ivanka turned out the way she is due to the influence of her dad. I'll bet Ivana had more to do with it, and maybe her friend Chelsea helped her out in the poise department.

Trump changes wives like socks. I believe they are something he thinks that he owns. As soon as they don't fill a particular need he has for them, he's off to the next one. I'm sure he'd do the same with his kids if he could.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You can take out "Trump" and insert "Hillary" and it would fit her to a tee.

Again---Just because someone doesn't talk about their grandkids for hours on end doesn't mean they don't love them. It means that they understand that most people aren't interested in hearing every single, little detail about your grandkids. Period. Enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections