Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 08:13 AM

13,552 posts, read 4,854,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

Ideologically, no Democrat voter would consider voting for a Libertarian.
False. Johnson and Weld are pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. I think a lot of Democrats are uncomfortable with Hillary and would consider voting Libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 08:26 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,877,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
False. Johnson and Weld are pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. I think a lot of Democrats are uncomfortable with Hillary and would consider voting Libertarian.
Actually, Johnson according to some polling data is picking up more Democrats then Republicans. But the majority of his support comes from independents where is he regularly winning 20-25%. He is also polling 20-25% with millennials.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:30 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,867,105 times
Default No NO Benefits on the expenceof the American TaxPayer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Again, you are incorrect. Let them flow in? He's only for letting immigrants in LEGALLY and on WORK VISAS.

https://alibertarianfuture.com/2016-...-this-country/

"Hardworking, law abiding immigrants should be able to get a work visa – but not a green card nor citizenship – as easily as possible. That way a background check can be performed and the applicable taxes can be paid. They won’t get the right to vote or anything else but the government can at least stop wasting resources apprehending them."
Or put their children in public schools or have chilred here for the sole purpose of obtaining citizenship.

If they violate the T & C immediate deportations.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:59 AM

21,406 posts, read 10,491,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
As usual, you have no clue what you are talking about. Johnson has said they can come in to work and that's it, he's not going to give them citizenship. How is allowing people in to the county on work visas but denying them citizenship "open border madness"? or is that only ok when Dishonest Donald does it?

Exclusive: Donald Trump's companies have sought visas to import at least 1,100 workers | Reuters
Because we have millions of people out of work, and we don't need to import more workers. Pretty soon the jobs are going to be gone, so we definitely don't need to import people to come here to get on welfare. We have our own citizens to take care of.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:13 AM

21,406 posts, read 10,491,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Totally agree. Morally, I simply can not vote for either Trump or Clinton.

Then so be it.
I get to what you're saying. Just skip the presidential slot on the ballot and vote for the other people and/or propositions. I may do that too. My husband thinks Hillary will be a disaster as a president, but I don't think she would be that bad. It would be nice if the Republicans stopped going after her for everything they think she did, because every time they do go after her and can't find proof it plays into her vast right-wing conspiracy theory. Of course they aren't going to find anything on her. She's a lawyer!

Maybe the email thing could be problematic since Lynch is now under the microscope for the improper meeting with Bill Clinton.

Last edited by katygirl68; 07-04-2016 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-04-2016, 10:15 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,207,162 times
He is a great alternative to those hesitant to vote for Clinton. I say do it!

Old 07-04-2016, 10:17 AM

39,028 posts, read 27,433,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I agree with you.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,438,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

What about the minimum wage?
Social programs?
Regulated capitalism?
Regulated Free Trade?

Pro-choice and pro-gay marriage are the only two things they agree on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If one is ideologically a Democrat - it is very difficult to vote for the party of the Koch Brothers.

Sorry.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:02 AM

9,871 posts, read 7,627,965 times
Minimum wage should be left up to the States and base it off of inflation of COL in the State. Trade should be free, but with reduced corporation, political, and industry influences.

Social Welfare is ingrained in our country and something that can't go away until we change corruption in politics and encourage States to improve quality of life and lower cost lid living. Additionally, Federal goverment has to lower the debt, curb spending, and do away with the income tax.

Last edited by RunD1987; 07-04-2016 at 11:17 AM..

Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,438,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Minimum wage should be left up to the States and base it off of inflation of COL in the State. Trade should be free, but with reduced corporaruon, political, and industry influences.

Social Welfare is ingrained in our country and something that can't go away until we change corruption in politics and encourage States to improve quality of life and lower cost lid living. Additionally, Federal goverment has to lower the debt, curb spending, and do away with the income tax.
Not exactly the democratic platform.

States rights is a right-wing thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections