Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I right ?
Yes, it is a positive. 36 48.00%
No, it is a negative. 39 52.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 04:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Judge Jeanine: Comey Has 'Destroyed the Reputation' of the FBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chp3PuFSeyc
Comey may have been the mouthpiece, but this was a Barack Obama - Hillary Clinton production. They are the ones ultimately responsible for this latest assault on our national integrity.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Committed perjury but we've long been aware that the chosen few can lie under oath and nothing will be done.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified under oath before the House Select Committee on Benghazi last October that she had turned over “all my work related emails” from her private email server to the State Department.

But on Tuesday, FBI director James Comey revealed that the agency had found “several thousand” work-related emails Clinton had not turned over, including three that included information that had been classified at the time that they had been sent.

Hillary Clinton Committed Perjury Before Benghazi Committee

Will the cowards in Congress pursue the charges? Of course not, it might be them one day.
Hillary's supporters don't care that she lies.

They themselves lie all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"To warrant a criminal charge, Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

So there it is, you might as well give up on the theories of how she should have been indicted
The statute itself says that she is guilty.

You violate it by being grossly negligent, and Comey himself said that Hillary's handling of classified material was "extremely reckless" -- which is the same thing as being grossly negligent.

Quote:
in any case Comey is a Republican and if he could have asked that charges be brought against her, he would have.
Well, he could have, but he didn't.

Maybe the Clintons or Obama have something on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Judge Jeanine: Comey Has 'Destroyed the Reputation' of the FBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chp3PuFSeyc
This sums it all up very nicely.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm celebrating because Hillary Clinton will be the NEXT president. And because drinking the bitter tears of Trump supporters makes me happy!
to you for being simple.

You want Clinton to be prez and are happy she got away with breaking the law. Simple. At least you don't come up with all sorts of convoluted excuses for her or Comey, or pretend to have sensible reasons why she wasn't indicted. Good for you.

Last edited by jazzarama; 07-06-2016 at 05:50 AM..

Old 07-06-2016, 05:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
The Justice Dept does not bring cases that may affect elections ....

Old 07-06-2016, 05:52 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The statute (18 USC Section 793) is clear.

Mishandling classified material -- either intentionally OR through gross negligence -- is a FELONY punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

FBI director Comey said that Hillary's handling of classified material was "extremely reckless."

In other words, she was grossly negligent -- and should have been charged under the statute.

But then Comey said she shouldn't be charged.

The fix is in and Trump is right.

We now live in a banana republic.

Obama, Lynch, the Clintons, Comey....

America is now part of the Third World.

Thanks, liberals!

Thanks, Democrats!
Let us take a look at this statute you cite:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

(a) Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation, goes upon, enters, flies over, or otherwise obtains information concerning any vessel, aircraft, work of defense, navy yard, naval station, submarine base, fueling station, fort, battery, torpedo station, dockyard, canal, railroad, arsenal, camp, factory, mine, telegraph, telephone, wireless, or signal station, building, office, research laboratory or station or other place connected with the national defense owned or constructed, or in progress of construction by the United States or under the control of the United States, or of any of its officers, departments, or agencies, or within the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States, or any place in which any vessel, aircraft, arms, munitions, or other materials or instruments for use in time of war are being made, prepared, repaired, stored, or are the subject of research or development, under any contract or agreement with the United States, or any department or agency thereof, or with any person on behalf of the United States, or otherwise on behalf of the United States, or any prohibited place so designated by the President by proclamation in time of war or in case of national emergency in which anything for the use of the Army, Navy, or Air Force is being prepared or constructed or stored, information as to which prohibited place the President has determined would be prejudicial to the national defense; or ...

(4) Notwithstanding section 524(c) of title 28, there shall be deposited in the Crime Victims Fund in the Treasury all amounts from the forfeiture of property under this subsection remaining after the payment of expenses for forfeiture and sale authorized by law."

Now, people can read it for themselves, and see some of the problems that a prosecutor could face in convicting Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2016 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: copy and paste too long

Old 07-06-2016, 05:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Justice Dept does not bring cases that may affect elections ....
and why is that do you think florida bob?

explain to everyone why they are exempt, or should be?

I'm not being a smart arse, here, but you seem to know more....

Old 07-06-2016, 06:22 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
My husband has all the media talking about the FBI/Hillary this morning and I told him, "I don't know why you listen as it is now in the hands of the Democratic Party to take care of and if they fail to do it, the voters have to take her out. I cannot imagine, that after hearing that review of her gross negligence/incompetence on the job that cares about the security of our country could vote for her.

She is guilty of everything they were saying she was guilty of. Oh, what a surprise, NOT!

Old 07-06-2016, 06:23 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The system is totally rigged and it is sad that right now in prison there are people put away for way less than what Hilliary did.

Unbelievable but as expected she will get away with it again for now.

I still believe one day her luck will run out and she will face justice.
The Clinton power is still in charge.
If this had been any other politician, in Washington, it would have been the same outcome.....
what I'm saying is, any other politician, who has been supported financially by the super pacs....

Money talks, especially big money....
Look at the Bush's....Jeb married an illegal way back when...
Bush did nothing after 911 happened, except take us to war....you cannot kill a few terrorists, and believe that the job is done....you don't even know who they are?
Obama, stood up in front of America, and excuses a criminal and condemed Police for killing that criminal....
then they protest, destroy the property of others, burn businesses, smash windows, and destroy police cars, while America Stands by and watches????? And nothing is done, b/c the mayor of that particular city allowed it....
These are our leaders people!!!!!
Pathetic...laws mean nothing any longer....and there are certain people like our politicians that have been getting away with crime for years....and years, however, kids in their 20's don't remember what the Clinton's did, their whole time in Politics.....they don't even know what Independence Day is celebrated for, but hey, they vote?

Old 07-06-2016, 06:40 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
To add some to my previous post:

I am no expert by any means in Federal criminal law. I rather suspect that the FBI director is. While I think that Ms. Clinton certainly acted in an inappropriate way, that is not tantamount to gross negligence, a rather vague concept but which has been defined as: "A lack of care that demonstrates reckless disregard for the safety or lives of others, which is so great it appears to be a conscious violation of other peoples rights to safety. It is more than simple inadvertence". That is a pretty high standard.

The US Supreme Court has ruled that to violate the statute in question, there must be 'intent' to violate the statute, as well as 'bad faith'. See Gorin v. United States, 312 U.S. 19 (1941).

I guess that the FBI director determined that Ms. Clinton did not 'intend' to violate this Act (meaning, intended that enemies obtain the classified information), and that her actions were not in bad faith. He also decided that she did not engage in 'gross negligence', although he used a pretty strong term in its stead.

As for 18 USCA 1924(a), it calls for a misdemeanor violation if the person 'knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location'. However, as I have noted in other threads (including, I believe, this one), we come up with the 'authorization' problem: as Secretary of State Ms. Clinton was one of the 'highest of the high' in terms of authority. If the president becomes incapacitated, the VP takes over; if the VP is unable to act, the Speaker of the House assumes the presidency; if said Speaker is unable to act, the Secretary of State becomes president. That suggests, to me, that she, as S of State, authorized herself.

Mind, the Justice Department could decide to seek a Federal indictment against Ms. Clinton, although I am not holding my breath.

There is little doubt, in my mind, that Ms. Clinton used bad judgment. I assume that she set up the system she did in order to always be 'in the loop', and easily accessible. One does get the feeling that she is a micro-manager. However, that does not equate, in my mind, "obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States, or to the advantage of any foreign nation".

As I said before, this Presidential election should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans. The Democrats are nominating (unless something very surprising happens at the convention) a person that seems to feel that she is 'above the law', and that the ends justify the means. Yet, the Republicans are (again, unless something happens at convention) nominating a person that is so shady in his own right, and whom has exhibited such remarkably poor judgment in his speeches, that I still cannot bring myself to vote for him. I shall still 'vote for the crook'.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:49 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times
I cannot see how anyone could vote for Hillary after hearing that report. She was jeopardizing our security doing what she darn well pleased. Could this be from the confusion that she suffers? Is it due to her problems with alcohol and/or her falling down and cracking her head? Whatever it is, at this time, it will greatly endanger our country. We can't afford to have this poor excuse for a human being as POTUS.

I mean whatever social issue is making someone vote for her won't be a problem when our country loses its sovereignty and falls under sharia law.

Geesh! What are people thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.