Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I right ?
Yes, it is a positive. 36 48.00%
No, it is a negative. 39 52.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:39 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've posted the relative facts already. They are listed all over the internet.
I'm not searching your history to find the answer to a simple question. Are you implying she lied under oath during her 3.5 hour FBI investigation? If so, I just want to see proof of that, in fact I'd love to see proof of that because she belongs in jail and that would be one way to accomplish it. Unfortunately though, I am unaware of any official transcripts of her FBI interview.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm not searching your history to find the answer to a simple question. Are you implying she lied under oath during her 3.5 hour FBI investigation? If so, I just want to see proof of that, in fact I'd love to see proof of that because she belongs in jail and that would be one way to accomplish it. Unfortunately though, I am unaware of any official transcripts of her FBI interview.
Read the thread. I've already noted to others that when there is a long thread and I come in late, I either read it all to catch up OR I just skip it.

I do not make people repeat themselves over and over.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Read the thread. I've already noted to others that when there is a long thread and I come in late, I either read it all to catch up OR I just skip it.

I do not make people repeat themselves over and over.
OK, well in that case I will just say that you are wrong. She didn't lie under oath regarding the FBI email situation. There is zero documented proof of it.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
OK, well in that case I will just say that you are wrong. She didn't lie under oath regarding the FBI email situation. There is zero documented proof of it.
In that case you didn't say anything as that is not what I said.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:56 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Hillary testified UNDER OATH to Congress. That is indeed perjury and enforceable.
Really? Sure they have 2 Statutes that address the issue - BUT, it's just about impossible to enforce.

What Happens When You Lie To Congress? |TIME 2014
There are two statutes of U.S. Code that govern perjury before Congress. Section 1621 of Title 18, often called the “general perjury” statute, prohibits individuals from lying to Congress while under oath, while Section 1001, also known as the “false statement” statute, covers testimony given while not under oath. A person convicted of perjury could face fines up to $100,000 or up to five years in jail.

But the narrow language of the statutes makes convictions extremely hard to come by. “The perjury statute is a technical statute,” explains Mark Hopson, managing partner at Sidney Austin LLP’s Washington office. “It is especially difficult, if not impossible to prosecute statements that may be misleading or evasive but subject to an arguably truthful interpretation.”

About that "interpretation" -- It's the DOJ that would have to file the charges and Prosecute. James Comey just told us their way of "interpretation" - it's called "reasonable prosecutor"

We already know that AGs Eric Holder & Loretta Lynch would not file charges - Congress is left with only one option - A Contempt of Congress Vote and we know how that works out also. The DOJ drags it out in Federal Court for years only after the Congress is forced to bring a Civil Lawsuit (as they have against Eric Holder) and the US Attorney refuses to participate while the DOJ Lawyers fight to dismiss it.

"Almost no one is prosecuted for lying to Congress," lawyer P.J. Meitl asserted in a 2007 Quinnipiac Law Review article. Meitl, who wrote the article while in private practice, is now an assistant U.S. attorney in Dallas. He found only six people who had been convicted of perjury or related charges in relation to Congress, going back to the 1940s.

Two of those cases arose from Watergate, one against President Richard Nixon's attorney general, John Mitchell, and the other against H.R. Haldeman, Nixon's chief of staff. Both men were found guilty of perjury before a Senate committee.

I've been saying this for years .... the DOJ is corrupt. The Attorney General serves ONLY at the pleasure of the President and and his Guard Dog. This is the Reality and we see it as a veritable parade of TeamObama has no problem with lying to Congress because they are aware that the Guard Dog has their back. We have to start dealing with Reality and figure out a way to bring in a broom and sweep out this Corruption.

James Comey is certainly aware of this - just as he is aware that any Report he gave to the DOJ goes nowhere - so he took the unprecedented step of at least exposing what his (going nowhere) FBI Investigation uncovered. CampClinton is LIVID & I'm sure Obama & the DOJ are also, but there is nothing they can do about it. I guarantee that the DOJ would have issued a "nothing there" statement if Comey had allowed them to do the normal thing and be in charge of the FBI Report.

Comey actually did a masterful job exposing Hillary for the pathological liar she is. It is up to the American people to render political judgement in November. Any recommendation for prosecution would have been buried by the DOJ and White House. She was also exposed as a person who has no respect for the people. One gets the feeling that the only classified information she pays attention to is anything pertaining to her and her money. The country clearly is not her priority - her bank account is.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:57 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,699 times
Quote:
I am unaware of any official transcripts of her FBI interview.
I imagine that it went a little something like this:

Comey: We caught you read-handed, you know. We could throw the book at you.

Hillary: Yeah, but it'll result in a Trump presidency and then you'll never get that sweet posting as Ambassador to Tahiti.

Comey: Ok, that settles it. We won't recommend any charges.

Hillary: Here's a packet of cash from the Clinton Foundation to help you in purchasing sunblock and and a surfboard. $500,000 should cover that, right?

Comey: Yes, ma'am. I mean, yes, Ms. President.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
In that case you didn't say anything as that is not what I said.
Thanks, saved me from searching. A simple answer was all I was looking for.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Quit changing the subject.
Of course it is the subject. You have no answer so you duck?

Old 07-06-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Really? Sure they have 2 Statutes that address the issue - BUT, it's just about impossible to enforce.
No it isn't. It's nearly impossible for those in on the corruption. To enforce it, you simply enforce it. Unless of course, you really don't care and are a part of the problem.

(note what I said earlier about Goudy)

Old 07-06-2016, 12:45 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:

She certainly lied to the American people. That is 100% documented now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections