Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose one.
I'm white, straight and male and support Hillary 22 29.33%
I'm white, straight and male and do NOT support Hillary 41 54.67%
I'm NOT white, straight and male and support Hillary 5 6.67%
I'm NOT white, straight and male and do NOT support Hillary 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:04 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times

Advertisements

I noticed that it seems almost unanimous that white, straight men only like Trump. Why is this the case? Are they too "masculine" to support a woman for president or something? Or not masculine enough?

It seems like virtually every single working class white man with no college degree wants Trump.

I even saw a poll the other day that shows that 75% of white men dislike Hillary Clinton. Why are they so obsessed with liking Trump?

Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
White male here. Don't love hrc but will vote for her to stop the orange train wreck

Old 07-05-2016, 08:11 PM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
If Hillary wasn't a lying, cheating, destroyer of women Bill raped, national top secret sharer to our enemies, promoter of bringing in ISIS to kill us, disaster at everything she touches, boring speaker, laughing hysterically inappropriately (sounding insane), excepted from laws others are punished for, worthless old bitty, I would be more likely to vote for her.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:11 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,029,289 times
Probably because he's somebody they'd like to be or be like. Wealthy, attractive young model wife, handsome (or was when he was younger), tough, never has to apologize for anything, successful (theoretically), always wins (theoretically), powerful, lives lavishly, etc., etc.

I just can't believe that they all think he will make America great again, but I guess they do.
~amanda

Old 07-05-2016, 08:13 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I noticed that it seems almost unanimous that white, straight men only like Trump. Why is this the case? Are they too "masculine" to support a woman for president or something? Or not masculine enough?

It seems like virtually every single working class white man with no college degree wants Trump.

I even saw a poll the other day that shows that 75% of white men dislike Hillary Clinton. Why are they so obsessed with liking Trump?
Well, just like opposing Trump doesn't always correlate to supporting Clinton, disliking Clinton does not make liking Trump a given either.

I'm a white, straight, mid-50s, Catholic, gun-owning, married with kids and a grandson, working middle class Arizona NRA and AARP member and I wouldn't vote for Trump if he stood on his head and started spitting nickels ( see, I really am that old). I've disliked the Clintons ever since Bill was president. That hasn't changed either. But as I've said before, in this two horse race I'm going to have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary, because I believe Trump as president is a threat to this country worse than any other. I wish I had a better option, but I suppose I'm going to spend the next four years complaining about whoever occupies the White House next.

ETA: Now I see there's a poll. Sorry, can't vote in it, as none of the choices apply.

Last edited by johnp292; 07-05-2016 at 08:22 PM..

Old 07-05-2016, 08:14 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Quote:

Are there no gay working class white men without college degrees?

Old 07-05-2016, 08:15 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Probably because he's somebody they'd like to be or be like. Wealthy, attractive young model wife, handsome (or was when he was younger), tough, never has to apologize for anything, successful (theoretically), always wins (theoretically), powerful, lives lavishly, etc., etc.

I just can't believe that they all think he will make America great again, but I guess they do.
~amanda
Amanda...you wound me!

Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM

50,274 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:

2 Degrees here

She hates the NRA
She stood by while her husband was getting laid in the WH and did nothing, those strong christian values ya know.
The email garbage
benghazi

I'm not white and I don't buy into her lies. She's part of the political machine. Vote for her if you want but don't question those that don't buy into the history of BS.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
I have a friend who is an ardent supporter of HRC and BO. Middle-aged angry white guy.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:18 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
I don't like Hillary. But she's the only rational choice this year, so I'll vote for her.

I'm old, white, and straight, but that doesn't matter a bit. A vote is a vote is a vote. Numbers don't have any of that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections