Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 11:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You republicans are such hypocrites and so funny with your so called "outrage".
I'm not voting for Trump but you are voting for Hillary.

It's obvious who the real hypocrite is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:20 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I don't get why "left"-leaners (she's not really a left-leaning candidate honestly) would support her either. And I think you and I both know we don't really agree on things, I have seen your other posts on these forums even though for the most part I chose not to address you. But you and I can agree on this one thing, I'm glad.

I'm a Bernie supporter, if I hadn't made that clear yet. And I do agree she aligns more with neocons than she does with me.
I agree with you. In many frames of reference she is no liberal; in some she is. But in today's political climate, the left wants to point everyone on the right out to be nutty conservative, and the right wants to point everyone on left to be nutty liberal. In both parties there's a spectrum...although to be honest, in the GOP that spectrum has gotten shorter and shorter.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:25 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The one constant in the aftermath of the Iraq War is that Republicans have never owned a war they created and sold to the American people.

If I had a dollar for every time some wingnut said "But…….But….….____ voted for it!" I'd be a millionaire by now.
Agreed. This was all Bush/Cheney, but to hear them tell it, the Democrats, starting with Bill Clinton, were the ones pushing for this war. What about all the talk about WMDs and yellowcake and cylinders, all of which was being fed to the American public as war propaganda by Bush/Cheney in the lead up to the invasion? To say nothing of outing a covert CIA agent when her husband didn't fall in with the party line. On all of that, they are silent.

That was a criminal administration, but there were no nine investigations into that crime.

Posters here are attempting to rewrite history, but there are those of us who will not let that crap pass unchallenged.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:26 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
In both parties there's a spectrum...although to be honest, in the GOP that spectrum has gotten shorter and shorter.
We certainly know which spectrum the Democrats lean towards, don't we?

AP FACT CHECK: Clinton email claims collapse under FBI probe

Old 07-06-2016, 11:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?
I never really "Supported" her. It's taken a lot of really unfortunate events for me to get to the point where I'd vote for her, but here we are.

The worst-case scenario here is not a criminal Hillary Clinton in the White House, the worst-case scenario is Donald Trump somehow winning the election. Trump in the White House would be a total catastrophe for the United States.

I cannot explain why anyone likes Hillary Clinton, but for whatever reason these people do exist, and she will almost certainly beat Trump.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:35 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Perhaps there is another reason we Hillary supporters don't "care". Maybe we don't see her as this monster liar that the other side likes to portray her as. Maybe we see a human being who, like every other human being on the planet, has made some mistakes. In her long political career, she has done a lot of good things, and I don't want those to be overshadowed by a few mistakes.

I think it was Jesus who said something to the effect of "Let Ye who is without sin cast the first stone." I'm sure a lot of the people who are throwing rocks right now have made some huge mistakes in their own lives, I know I have.

This is no different than Trump supporters who are willing to overlook some of the huge blunders and questionable dealings he has been involved with........no different at all.
That's all dandy and cute, but most of us aren't running for the highest office in the nation. Yet...if any normal person did what she did, they'd be in the slammer ASAP. That inspiring little Bible verse wouldn't do jack to get them forgiven.

Standards should be higher for those in positions of large responsibility, not lower.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
They don't care or they think having a vagina trumps everything else.

Quote:
Hillary lies and self-aggrandizement:

-Benghazi cover-up

-Said she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary (she was born 5 years before he climbed Mt Everest)

-Arrived in Bosnia under sniper fire (never happened - a girl presented her with flowers as she came off the plane)

-Said she didn't know her staff fired the travel office staff (she told them to do it).

-Said Chelsea was jogging near the World Trade Center on 9/11 - (Chelsea was 12 blocks away and was watching it on TV indoors when the first plane hit per Chelsea).

-Said she had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons (she attended a White House meeting about the pardons)

- TWO MONTHS after commencing the Whitewater scheme, Hillary Clinton invested $1,000 in cattle futures. Within a few days she had a $5,000 profit. Before bailing out she earns nearly $100,000 on her investment. Many years later, several economists will calculate that the chances of earning such returns legally were one in 250 million. Said she learned from the Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market (the Wall Street Journal didn't cover the market back then)

A FEW OF HLLLARY CLINTON'S GREATEST HITS
Quote:
- She negotiated the release of refugees in Macedonia (They were released the day before she arrived).

- Read the Hillary Clinton section in the book King of Cons about her fundraising.

- Said taking White House gifts was a clerical error.

- Her campaign Web site boasted that her record includes “helping to pass the Family and Medical Leave Act.” But the bill was pushed in Congress for years and passed twice, only to be vetoed by former President George H.W. Bush. Congress passed it a third time as Bill Clinton took office. He signed it into law on Feb. 5, 1993, barely two weeks after he became president. Hillary Clinton’s own White House schedules, recently released, make no mention of any meetings on the bill.

-Vince Foster: After her friend, former Arkansas law partner and White House lawyer Vince Foster killed himself, Clinton said she had no idea why her White House Chief of Staff, Maggie Williams, who's now her campaign manager, had removed documents from Foster's White House safe. "I don't know that she did remove any documents," Clinton said. It was later revealed, however, that White House lawyer Bernard Nussbaum, a close ally of Clinton, had removed files and handed one labeled "Whitewater" to Williams, who took it to the Clintons' White House residence. It also was revealed that Williams had acted at Clinton's direction.

Is Hillary Clinton dishonest? A lot of Americans think so | McClatchy DC
Quote:
-"The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary’s history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther – and goes much deeper – than anyone realizes. Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career. Why? “Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

Hillary Clinton fired for lies, unethical behavior
Quote:
-Speaking in Pennsylvania, Clinton introduced former U.S. Ambassador Joe Wilson. “He and I did travel together to Africa and, sort of, paved the way for the president’s trip the following year, which was historic,” Clinton said. But Wilson didn’t accompany Clinton on her March 1997 trip to Africa. Wilson did accompany both Clintons on the president’s 1998 Africa visit.

https://byteboy.wordpress.com/2008/0...-clinton-lies/

Old 07-06-2016, 11:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Agreed. This was all Bush/Cheney, but to hear them tell it, the Democrats, starting with Bill Clinton, were the ones pushing for this war. What about all the talk about WMDs and yellowcake and cylinders, all of which was being fed to the American public as war propaganda by Bush/Cheney in the lead up to the invasion? To say nothing of outing a covert CIA agent when her husband didn't fall in with the party line. On all of that, they are silent.

That was a criminal administration, but there were no nine investigations into that crime.

Posters here are attempting to rewrite history, but there are those of us who will not let that crap pass unchallenged.
Amen brother.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:02 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I wish every American would boycott this election, as neither of these two pathetic candidates is worth our vote.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:06 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I wish every American would boycott this election, as neither of these two pathetic candidates is worth our vote.
I will be doing so, but by protesting I refuse to give up my right/duty to vote. 3rd party for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections