Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,191,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When Bill Clinton directly lied to the American people, I didn't really hold that against him. That doesn't mean I believed he shouldn't have been held accountable for committing perjury, but when he lied outside of the deposition, it was more of a "personal" issue for a public person.

What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?

This isn't a "I don't like her so I will assume she lied", it's a matter of fact. FBI Director Comey completely contradicts many of her direct statements. So, either she is lying or the FBI is lying, and we know it's not the FBI.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him. I can't stand Hilary, but I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.

Do the majority of Democrats have no integrity at all?
Politicians lie all the time. So do most people when they're caught in a tight spot because of doing something stupid, careless or foolish. Big deal. Election to public office is not nomination for sainthood, so people looking for moral perfection in their political leaders need to look elsewhere, like religious mythology. This may come as a shock to some, but George Washington never chopped down a cherry tree ...

I worry much more about a politician who lies about important things that affect public policy ... like there being "reliable evidence" of Iraq having WMDs in 2002 ... than about a politician who lies to cover up a mistake or bad judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:32 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,745,338 times
Democraps are lying bunch. They don't care.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Yeah. Remember when Bush/Cheney lost those 22,000 emails? Were you outraged?

Didn't think so.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:08 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,509,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Can you view the following and tell me how....how......HOW in the world you can come to such a conclusion?

This is not R vs D, lib vs conv....it's simple compare and contrasting statements and what I think any rational person would call outright lying that anyone can clearly see. And the first 2 videos are statements made by someone under an fbi criminal investigation. And you even go to the point of saying you trust this person? These statements made by the fbi director against clinton.....this is someone you trust? Someone who sounds like they are ready to run our country in the most highest position?

FBI boss James Comey's 7 most damning lines on Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

There's goes some more puke.
The issue is not with the accused, but the accuser(s).

Since the Whitewater investigation over 20 years ago, the GOP has shown no restraint using government resources to investigate the Clintons over the most minor issues. Outside the right-wing echo chamber, most Americans see Emailgate as yet another GOP fishing expedition that has failed to turn up anything worth prosecuting. We have become desensitized to yet another investigation, yet more millions of dollars wasted, yet more time spent on narrow partisanship while the country faced greater economic, political, and social issues. We have simply grown numb from the persistent background noise of endless GOP investigations.

In short, it's the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

At this point, no one is going to change their vote over this issue, especially given the GOP's alternative for President. These investigations are pure political theater for the gerrymandered GOP electorate.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:23 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times

Old 07-07-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
What actions and what laws did Obama enact that increased our national debt?

Obama inherited Bush's tax cut caused deficits, inherited Bush's very expensive for nothing Iraq war, inherited $1.2 trillion dollars in federal subsidies Bush gave to large corporations, and inherited various tax cut caused deficits from Dick Cheney's oil company tax cuts.

Can you tell me how Obama increased our debt?
Part of how he increased our debt was taking this country out of the nosedive Republicans left it in after Bush left office and pulling out of the impending Great Recession by stimulating the economy with a spending plan. This was absolutely necessary to keep markets from crashing and burning like they did in 1929.

Republicans don't understand how this work, furthermore, they don't understand they are responsible for it.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:44 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,402,628 times
Hillary is breathing a sigh of relief, but her endangerment of national security and the appearance of being above the law is making voters on ALL sides very angry.

Oddly, in spite of her escape, she may have handled Trump the election. He's already using this to his advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak3mocfrMjA

Old 07-07-2016, 11:53 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,671,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Politicians lie all the time. So do most people when they're caught in a tight spot because of doing something stupid, careless or foolish. Big deal. Election to public office is not nomination for sainthood, so people looking for moral perfection in their political leaders need to look elsewhere, like religious mythology. This may come as a shock to some, but George Washington never chopped down a cherry tree ...

I worry much more about a politician who lies about important things that affect public policy ... like there being "reliable evidence" of Iraq having WMDs in 2002 ... than about a politician who lies to cover up a mistake or bad judgement.
And Hillary Clinton supported invading Iraq at the time even though critics have said the Iraq War will produce no WMD. Trump openly said he does not support invading Iraq at the time and people ridiculed him for saying it back then and now.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:55 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
"Comey testifies to Congress: "Hillary Clinton did not lie to FBI". (And he's a staunch Republican praised by the republican establishment.)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...paign-election

Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Hillary is breathing a sigh of relief, but her endangerment of national security and the appearance of being above the law is making voters on ALL sides very angry.

Oddly, in spite of her escape, she may have handled Trump the election. He's already using this to his advantage.
It doesn't matter what Hillary does between now and the election, it really doesn't. Trump could be saying all the right things all the way up till the eve of the election, and then he will revert to form in the last hour and say something that has every right thinking American (still a tiny majority) saying "How on earth could we take a chance with this clown?"

Trump will continue to be his own worst enemy. Hillary can pretty much do as she pleases until the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections