U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:25 AM
 
8,199 posts, read 6,098,432 times
Reputation: 11730

Advertisements

This issue came up in another thread, but I think it is worth a separate discussion.

I can't understand the attraction of Hillary to the left. She is a corporatist, big money shill and represents all that is wrong with the intersection of politics and capitalism. She also strikes me as the type who will drag us into all manner of military adventures to prove how tough she is. The only thing that I can see that is attractive about her to the Left is her solidness on abortion. Otherwise, she is pretty much a McCain/McConnell NeoCon from what I can tell.

The general consensus on the Left is that voting for Hillary will be done solely to keep the crazy, unhinged, bigot Trump out of office. Fair enough if you take Trump at face value. My guess is that Trump is playing a character straight out of the WWE in order to get elected. I don't believe that Trump would govern at all like the way he says he would. Why do I think this? A few reasons:

1) He a rich guy from NYC. He simply is not from a world where right-wing politics are common. His political history until recently suggests moderatism or pragmatism in terms of getting what he needs from a business standpoint. If anything, he was probably a conservative Democrat most of his life.

2) He is a billionaire. What incentive does he have to upend everything? Billionaires relish predictability.

3) He has a history of playing characters. It's what he did on TV. Its why he is orange and has an epic dyed comb-over.

I'm not trying to convince people on the Left to vote for Trump. My only point is that I don't think there is as much daylight between Trump and Hillary as you might think. The main difference is probably that Trump is more isolationist and Hillary more internationalist. I don't think Trump is as economically protectionist as he portrays. I suspect that in private, his views on abortion are probably closer to Hillary's than the Republican base.

One thing I can say from experience is that holding your nose to vote for someone sucks. It REALLY sucks when they govern in a way that is contrary to your ideological views. Believe me, I have voted for enough traitor Republicans to know firsthand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:34 AM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This issue came up in another thread, but I think it is worth a separate discussion.

I can't understand the attraction of Hillary to the left. She is a corporatist, big money shill and represents all that is wrong with the intersection of politics and capitalism. She also strikes me as the type who will drag us into all manner of military adventures to prove how tough she is. The only thing that I can see that is attractive about her to the Left is her solidness on abortion. Otherwise, she is pretty much a McCain/McConnell NeoCon from what I can tell.

The general consensus on the Left is that voting for Hillary will be done solely to keep the crazy, unhinged, bigot Trump out of office. Fair enough if you take Trump at face value. My guess is that Trump is playing a character straight out of the WWE in order to get elected. I don't believe that Trump would govern at all like the way he says he would. Why do I think this? A few reasons:

1) He a rich guy from NYC. He simply is not from a world where right-wing politics are common. His political history until recently suggests moderatism or pragmatism in terms of getting what he needs from a business standpoint. If anything, he was probably a conservative Democrat most of his life.

2) He is a billionaire. What incentive does he have to upend everything? Billionaires relish predictability.

3) He has a history of playing characters. It's what he did on TV. Its why he is orange and has an epic dyed comb-over.

I'm not trying to convince people on the Left to vote for Trump. My only point is that I don't think there is as much daylight between Trump and Hillary as you might think. The main difference is probably that Trump is more isolationist and Hillary more internationalist. I don't think Trump is as economically protectionist as he portrays. I suspect that in private, his views on abortion are probably closer to Hillary's than the Republican base.

One thing I can say from experience is that holding your nose to vote for someone sucks. It REALLY sucks when they govern in a way that is contrary to your ideological views. Believe me, I have voted for enough traitor Republicans to know firsthand.
"Isolationist" is what the progressive left thinks of non-interventionists. Leftists' whole world view is that if you're not out there overrunning and eliminating boundaries, both personal and transnational, that you're an "isolationist."

Hillary is the amnesty, immigration reform, gun control, Hillarycare health insurance, Equality, anti-freelancer pro-benefits, Climate Change candidate. Hillary is as progressive-left as you can get.

Neocons were founded by Bill Kristol's self-identifying "Trotskyist" father, Irving Kristol in the mid century, and are the Democrats' brothers across the aisle.

_"From Memoirs of a Trotskyist by Irving Kristol"_
http://www.pbs.org/arguing/nyintellectuals_krystol_2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Inland Northwest
596 posts, read 317,527 times
Reputation: 816
What is, after she's elected, she goes more centrist like her husband did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 51,230,061 times
Reputation: 24606
Hillary is the ultimate control freak and The Donald will never be controlled. I prefer obsessive to insane. The candidate I really wanted was Bernie Sanders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:51 AM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Reputation: 1941
Sanders is for socioconomically-inexperienced voters who are green around the gills, and who haven't grown out of their Marxism phase.

They keep looking for ways to justify their Obama votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:55 AM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
What is, after she's elected, she goes more centrist like her husband did?
That centrist helped import drugs through Mena, Arkansas and laundered the money through his self-created Arkansas development agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Inland Northwest
596 posts, read 317,527 times
Reputation: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
That centrist helped import drugs through Mena, Arkansas and laundered the money through his self-created Arkansas development agency.

And nothing else?


That's all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:58 AM
mm4
 
5,711 posts, read 3,126,454 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
And nothing else?


That's all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrg1cuL3KY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 09:59 AM
 
40 posts, read 27,929 times
Reputation: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
And nothing else?


That's all?
try dealing with facts and not myth. It can help you face reality. Hilary is a liar and thief. Perfect for the job of president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2016, 11:05 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,620,063 times
Reputation: 6745
Hillary really needs to get someone to explain to her Trump uses many investors and puts his name on things. Her knowledge about business and bankruptcy has to be zilch and she is only embarrassing her own self. All one has to do is read through some extensive business dealings about Trumps business adventures, only to find out most of this he only owned in percentage, not 100%.........where as Hillary has taken 100% of her speech money and has done what with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top