Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 11:04 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

That seems to be what his advisors think.

Quote:
Donald Trump, in a sharp shift in strategy, is now refusing to appear on many television outlets, and top advisers who want to limit his exposure are no longer notifying him of every interview request.

According to sources familiar with the campaign, one faction is worried that the constant rounds of interviews entail too much risk of the candidate making mistakes or fanning minor controversies, even though his mastery at driving the media agenda helped power his Republican primary victory.
Trump slashes TV appearances as advisers clash over controlling his message | Fox News

Maybe he's learning the difference between a primary campaign and a general election?

Or more likely, Trump version 3.6 will quickly be replaced by Trump 4.0 and he'll be back to his old ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 11:23 AM

754 posts, read 486,142 times
Its quite simple, the more boring Trump is, the better chance he has of winning.

"Anonymous Republican" would probably beat Hillary. The problem is at the moment Trump is more unlikeable than she is, and to be less unlikeable, he just needs to get off the TV screen/stop making mistakes.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:23 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I don't think he can stay away from making appearances. He thrives on being in the public eye.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:30 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Its quite simple, the more boring Trump is, the better chance he has of winning.

"Anonymous Republican" would probably beat Hillary. The problem is at the moment Trump is more unlikeable than she is, and to be less unlikeable, he just needs to get off the TV screen/stop making mistakes.
Fat Chance. Trump doesn't like being told to do anything by others, and when it comes to seeking public attention, he just can't help himself.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
People love him because he tells it like it is and how refreshing is that when you consider Hillary and one has to first wonder if what she is screaming at us is lies.

Trump is very flexible as we have seen many times when he opens mouth and his foot flies into it. I'm surprised that he has any teeth left.

What he needs to do is stay off twitter and the like or at least have a handler read what he wrote before he hits send.

Trump is a smart guy and even if he delivers on none of his promises but he enforces existing US law his presidency would make America a better place.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
People love him because he tells it like it is and how refreshing is that when you consider Hillary and one has to first wonder if what she is screaming at us is lies.

Trump is very flexible as we have seen many times when he opens mouth and his foot flies into it. I'm surprised that he has any teeth left.

What he needs to do is stay off twitter and the like or at least have a handler read what he wrote before he hits send.

Trump is a smart guy and even if he delivers on none of his promises but he enforces existing US law his presidency would make America a better place.
Don't count on it. He may be shrewd but he has the impulse control of a 4th grader.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:40 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Fat Chance. Trump doesn't like being told to do anything by others, and when it comes to seeking public attention, he just can't help himself.
yep. i'm thinking of the incident where the campaign, thru erica freeman, told surrogates not to discuss trump's comments about judge curiel. trump contradicted this order to the surrogates and demanded that they go on the offensive and openly discuss the judge. trump also slammed his staff as "not so smart" for suggesting such an order ( my guess is the order came originally from paul manafort ).

Old 07-08-2016, 11:42 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Bet this lasts 1/2 a week. Everytime he is supposed to pivot he does fine for a few days and then goes back to Trump 1.0. I'm not sure at this point he could reverse the damage anyway.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep. i'm thinking of the incident where the campaign, thru erica freeman, told surrogates not to discuss trump's comments about judge curiel. trump contradicted this order to the surrogates and demanded that they go on the offensive and openly discuss the judge. trump also slammed his staff as "not so smart" for suggesting such an order ( my guess is the order came originally from paul manafort ).
He also pretty quickly undermined his son-in-law's damage control attempt on the Star of David-white supremacist flap with a comment about not apologizing for the incident.

Problem is that Trump's Titanic ego and small mindedness leads him to believe apologizing is a sign of weakness. Hence the pattern of doubling down on controversy.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:55 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
That seems to be what his advisors think.

Trump slashes TV appearances as advisers clash over controlling his message | Fox News

Maybe he's learning the difference between a primary campaign and a general election?

Or more likely, Trump version 3.6 will quickly be replaced by Trump 4.0 and he'll be back to his old ways.
I agree completely!

In fact, if we get rid of Trump completely from this election cycle, I would truly adore him! I might even buy one of his Chinese ties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections