Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:43 PM

33,830 posts, read 16,846,399 times

Advertisements

This is crushing for HC, as independents will in millions of cases switch to Trump now. Only her base, which is a minority of total votes, will stay with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 05:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,423,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I must have missed this part. When did the FBI prove that she perjured herself? When exactly was she under oath about this? Whatever she said in public, that doesn't mean she said the same things under oath.

Anyway, could you point out in Comey's statement where he said she committed perjury?
They cannot. As usual - they cannot let the thing speak for itself and they cannot resist the impulse to overplay their hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
This is crushing for HC, as independents will in millions of cases switch to Trump now. Only her base, which is a minority of total votes, will stay with her.
Sure. They are all just running to Trump, who tonight, gave a rambling speech worthy of a traveling comedy show with some name-calling thrown in.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:07 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,233,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Moving the goal post from didnt delete any emails, to only deleted ones related to a wedding, to no emails deleted that were classified, to..

yeah, you get it..

kleep carrying that water.. she might win the elections, but that doesnt make her crimes non existent.
I never said that she didn't. However the consistent GOP worship of scandals translating into more than they are has been their downfall for 30 years. They don't motivate voters as much as that they think they do.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The thing I find the most amusing about Leftists is that when the hole gets deep, they throw down the shovel and get a backhoe. Silver's track record with Trump is really bad, but he is Doubling Down.

7 Times Nate Silver Was Hilariously Wrong About Donald Trump

I've said many times - I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm not a fool - this County is FED-UP with the incompetency, the corruption and the Political Elite running our lives with their lawless regulations and ignoring Laws in force.

It's more of the Status Quo (but with a worse record on National Security & Honesty) with Hillary
OR
We go with the unknown Non-Politician BusinessMan who has self funded the Largest primary Victory in the History of the RNC. The Whiney Losers need to get over it and smell the coffee. Anyone who can support Hillary Clinton after the FBI Report on her LIES, Failures & Recklessness about the USA Security is beyond understanding. She is a former 1st Lady, former Senator, former Secretary of State.

She KNEW what she was doing and she KNEW is was Wrong & rose to the level of Criminal. She KNEW.
The thing I find the most amusing about Right wingers is that when the hole gets deep they throw down the shovel and get a backhoe. Silvers track record with Trump was bad but he admitted his mistake. What can't change the fact is that Trump led in almost every primary poll. So fall Trump has trailed in almost every primary poll. Nobody really cares about corruption in this country. Corruption has been part in parcel of American politics from the beginning. What people care about is when the corrupt eat from the pie and don't share any with anyone else.

The idea that mass amounts of people are voting for Trump because Hillary is a crook would be laughable if some of you people weren't serious. People vote for him because he actually sticks by what he says. In the age of the sound bite politician having a non PC and non apologizing candidate is refreshing for a lot of people. People vote for him because they are tired of the social welfare policies of this country not benefitting the people that pay into them. People vote for him because they are tired of seeing stagnant wages in regards to the middle class when corporate profits balloon every year. People vote for him because they are tired of seeing a non existent immigration policy that keeps getting kicked down the field election after election. People are not voting for Trump because Hillary purged her emails. Outside of City-Data I know no Trump supporter that is even all that concerned about that. Oh, I'm sure there are some that love the fact she is being roasted over a flame over this but they are the exception.

Trump can win but only if he paints a picture involving what he is going to do to change things to benefit voters. If all he does is attack Chuck Todd, Clintons emails, and defend his dumb twitter actions then he is going to lose. And then the GOP will be sitting around scratching their head wondering just how in the world they lost to Hillary Clinton. In an election that should be a frigging cake walk for a Republican candidate.

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 07-06-2016 at 06:22 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So in your mind.. The FBI making statements that there are questions about what was done, will result in more people supporting her?
No, the GOP overplaying this will ensure they don't win is the issue. They did the same thing with her husband. They were so confident of winning that the main theme of the 96 election was Bill Clintons scandals. It's a part of the narrative and can be effective. However, if all the GOP does is harp on "Crooked lying Hillary" without informing the electorate on just how they can do a better job all they will ensure is that they replay the 96 election.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,610,099 times
Besides, who could even remember the content of 30,000 individual emails?!?

I'd say the feds only finding around 100 out of 30,000 is pretty good.

I doubt I've even written 30,000 emails, and I've been a user since email was invented.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:19 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,299,774 times
There is no cloud over Clinton. People are trying to get something from nothing. Hillary Clinton isn't Edward Snowden, she DO NOT commit treason.

The Inspector General report provided more insight in this email snafu than the FBI Director's charade. The IG placed the blame where it belong on the State Dept inept record managing system and it COMSEC operations for allowing the outside server in the first place. Regs were violated or overlooked. No laws were broken. The report also confirms that there are many governmental agencies not in compliance with the federal records act.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 10 days ago)

19,737 posts, read 20,545,943 times
The whole thing is a crapshoot. One of them will win, one will lose. We won't know until November. If it's close expect tantrums and a repeat of 2000.
Hillary is a dirtbag but she has her base that will blindly vote for her. I mean now, the proof couldn't be more convincing that she is a lying sack of monkey nuts but whatever. People are dumb. If any of my guys had a trail like Hillary I would jump ship. I am totally convinced now that she is an old rusty metal garbage can.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:31 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,459,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
There is no cloud over Clinton. People are trying to get something from nothing. Hillary Clinton isn't Edward Snowden, she DO NOT commit treason.

The Inspector General report provided more insight in this email snafu than the FBI Director's charade. The IG placed the blame where it belong on the State Dept inept record managing system and it COMSEC operations for allowing the outside server in the first place. Regs were violated or overlooked. No laws were broken. The report also confirms that there are many governmental agencies not in compliance with the federal records act.
BS.....

Old 07-06-2016, 06:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,475,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
There is something seriously wrong with crooked Hillary. I mean just watch the way she acts. She has a serious problem. The woman needs to be getting treatment in a mental hosp. Really all kidding aside she is defective and twisted after a career of trying to be something she isn't. It's embarrassing what the Dem's have put out to be represented by.

Funny, but the only people that seem to be embarrassed are many republicans because of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections