Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:00 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,164 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton may avoid criminal charges, but the searing rebuke of her “extremely careless” email practices Tuesday by FBI Director James B. Comey is likely to reverberate through the November election and, if she wins, well into her presidency.

In a methodical, 15-minute statement bringing an end to the FBI investigation of Clinton’s personal email system while she was secretary of state, Comey laid bare a litany of facts that amounted to a searing admonishment of her judgment, management and stewardship of state secrets.

Instead, the remarks by Comey — a Republican with a sterling reputation among leaders of both parties — delivered from a lectern at FBI headquarters cast fresh doubt on Clinton’s own fitness and trustworthiness.
Even without charges, FBI rebuke leaves a heavy political cloud over Clinton

She is a pathological liar, and if she wasn't part of the 'Capitol Hill Mafia' her sorry ass would be in prison,where it belongs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
I see we are moving the goal posts again. First it was "Hillary will not run for President due to the looming indictment, then it was "People will NOT vote for Hillary to be the nominee due to the looming indictment.", and next it was "Bernie will get nominated after the FBI announces they will seek an indictment of Hillary.", and now it's "The lack of an indictment will weaken her politically." I guess if she wins in November the goal posts will go even further back. I guess then it will be "The rage over the email scandal will ensure she doesn't win a second term!"

Old 07-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Damning nonetheless No Doubt. How can someone like this ever have security clearance again?

Old 07-06-2016, 11:41 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
It is a pity that the "Mexican" Federal district judge delayed Trump's trial to November 28th, or after the election. It, too, leaves a heavy political cloud over Trump.

I am surprised that Mr. Trump did not demand a quick trial, so he could clear his good name. Perhaps that is why he was so upset with the Mexican judge?

Old 07-06-2016, 11:41 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
No, it really is different. FBI proved that Hillary has perjured herself, that she did indeed send classified email and that she was grossly negligent in handling classified email, thus anyone voting for her approving of putting our national security at risk. While she has said she would not do it again, I suspect Bill told her the same thing and she is hoping voters are as gullible as she was the first few times.

There is a great deal of anger toward what seemed to be leading up to a recommendation to file charges and then it just pooped out at the end of the speech. FBI director will be testifying: FBI Director to testify before Congress about Clinton's email investigation - CNNPolitics.com I was listening to two media people on MSNBC today and even they seemed ready to hang her from the highest tree!

This is much different now. She already had a trust issue and this latest is another nail in her coffin of trust.

This comes at an ideal time since we are only 3 weeks from the convention with super delegates scratching their heads about what to do, so maybe this will help.

She is under scrutiny as to whether she should have a security clearance that, if elected, would allow her to do her job or if she would just have to sit there since she can't be trusted with classified information.

Seriously, the Democratic Party is so screwed at this moment. This is payback for the dirty deals involved with her campaign/caucuses/primaries. "Reap what you have sown, Hillary!"

Old 07-06-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, it really is different. FBI proved that Hillary has perjured herself, that she did indeed send classified email and that she was grossly negligent in handling classified email, thus anyone voting for her approving of putting our national security at risk. While she has said she would not do it again, I suspect Bill told her the same thing and she is hoping voters are as gullible as she was the first few times.

There is a great deal of anger toward what seemed to be leading up to a recommendation to file charges and then it just pooped out at the end of the speech. FBI director will be testifying: FBI Director to testify before Congress about Clinton's email investigation - CNNPolitics.com I was listening to two media people on MSNBC today and even they seemed ready to hang her from the highest tree!

This is much different now. She already had a trust issue and this latest is another nail in her coffin of trust.
This comes at an ideal time since we are only 3 weeks from the convention with super delegates scratching their heads about what to do, so maybe this will help.

She is under scrutiny as to whether she should have a security clearance that, if elected, would allow her to do her job or if she would just have to sit there since she can't be trusted with classified information.

Seriously, the Democratic Party is so screwed at this moment. This is payback for the dirty deals involved with her campaign/caucuses/primaries. "Reap what you have sown, Hillary!"
Uh huh. So what is going to happen if it blows over and turns out most people don't really care all that much? I wouldn't make the assumption that most people didn't already factor this into their decision already.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Uh huh. So what is going to happen if it blows over and turns out most people don't really care all that much? I wouldn't make the assumption that most people didn't already factor this into their decision already.
I can believe that, at least a good percentage of dems dont care thats for sure.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I can believe that, at least a good percentage of dems dont care thats for sure.
I think a lot of people made up their minds about the Clintons long ago. I really don't see there being a mass uprising over it. What might happen over the next 4 months is that the undecided GOP voters will break more heavily for Trump, while the undecided Bernie voters won't back Clinton by the same amount. This also is dependent on Trump as well. As long as he keeps drawing negative attention to himself and only attacking her on scandals he limits the amount of play they can get with this. Eventually he has to stop telling people why they shouldn't vote for Clinton and why they should vote for him.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
There is something seriously wrong with crooked Hillary. I mean just watch the way she acts. She has a serious problem. The woman needs to be getting treatment in a mental hosp. Really all kidding aside she is defective and twisted after a career of trying to be something she isn't. It's embarrassing what the Dem's have put out to be represented by.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:02 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Eithout being criminally charged. This is a pretty sad display of how embarrassing our system has become. Where the FBI Director openly outlines the violations and any law professor and attorney will say it's an easy charge. He goes up and recommends no action on violations.

Does this mean that any government worker can commit violations and not have any accountability?

I thought we have laws in this country? Perhaps we don't for the elite that's what he's telling the public that we have a corrupt system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections