U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:35 PM

30,395 posts, read 20,044,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The red "star" was a non-event except to the hysterical Left. I didn't believe for one minute that star was meant to be an anti-Semitic slur by Trump or his camp and ignored the hype.

In fact, the massive attention to this Hillary Clinton crook ad that featured the star gave Trump more buzz and was funny.

I've seen "stars" like that in advertising all my life and never thought it was a Star of David.

Of course, had it been a five pointed star, the LSM would have said it was intended to be a pentagram associated with the occult.

Last edited by momonkey; 07-07-2016 at 12:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 PM

13,964 posts, read 10,754,403 times
I just don't get it...

Of all the real, legitimate criticisms they can level against Trump, the Propaganda Arm of the Democratic Party i.e. the mainstream media, continues to harp on made up, political correctness nonsense. They just can't help themselves.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:48 AM

11,678 posts, read 7,014,594 times
Racism is a cash cow.
Trump is a cash cow.

If the media can combine the two it's like winning the lottery.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:02 AM

4,673 posts, read 2,296,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
and yet... you clearly didn't even read what I posted. Kushner addressed this.
I stand by my post:

An Open Letter to Jared Kushner, From One of Your Jewish Employees | | Observer

...and, no, Kushner did NOT address this.

Here ya go.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:50 AM

17,630 posts, read 11,099,092 times
I certainly am no fan of Donald Trump, in fact, I think he is about as low as a human can be. However, I agree this star thing is absolutely stupid. I have seen the same star on a lot of advertising and products where the person is trying to emphasize a marked down price or other feature.

Sometimes people see what they want to see, even if that was not the original intent.

Don

Old 07-07-2016, 06:02 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,001,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I certainly am no fan of Donald Trump, in fact, I think he is about as low as a human can be. However, I agree this star thing is absolutely stupid. I have seen the same star on a lot of advertising and products where the person is trying to emphasize a marked down price or other feature.

Sometimes people see what they want to see, even if that was not the original intent.

Don
The problem is, that WAS the original intent. The person who created that graphic was anti-Semitic who also posted other troubling bigoted material.

So either Trump and/or his campaign staffers are incompetent and/or careless for not finding out the source before he tweeted it, or he's actively courting the worst elements in the "alt right" and going for plausible deniability when called on it.

Neither one makes him look good, just for different reasons.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:22 AM

22,243 posts, read 15,275,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Donald Trump's Jewish son-in-law comes to his defense - CNNPolitics.com

"In my opinion, accusations like 'racist' and 'anti-Semite' are being thrown around with a carelessness that risks rendering these words meaningless," Kushner wrote.

"If even the slightest infraction against what the speech police have deemed correct speech is instantly shouted down with taunts of 'racist' then what is left to condemn the actual racists?" he wrote. "What do we call the people who won't hire minorities or beat others up for their religion?"

Trump is a knee-jerk tweeter, who should probably give it up for his own good. You can call him a lot of things (God knows I sure have!), but he is not an anti-Semite.
I agree, Trump is not a racist. He just knows how and wants to continue to make use of those that are.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:37 AM

1,428 posts, read 834,574 times
Default America the innocent (or in da Nile).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
The problem is, that WAS the original intent. The person who created that graphic was anti-Semitic who also posted other troubling bigoted material.

So either Trump and/or his campaign staffers are incompetent and/or careless for not finding out the source before he tweeted it, or he's actively courting the worst elements in the "alt right" and going for plausible deniability when called on it.

Neither one makes him look good, just for different reasons.
Yes. The person who put this crap together for Donnie to use knows what he was doing and is laughing all the way to the office of the propaganda ministry. He passed "Go" and you're a fool if you don't think he knew what he was doing.

Just because his Jewish son in law says something doesn't make it true. He works for Pharoah and is well paid, so, consider the source of his denial.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:51 AM

10,793 posts, read 10,134,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Yes. The person who put this crap together for Donnie to use knows what he was doing and is laughing all the way to the office of the propaganda ministry. He passed "Go" and you're a fool if you don't think he knew what he was doing.

Just because his Jewish son in law says something doesn't make it true. He works for Pharoah and is well paid, so, consider the source of his denial.
He's a Kushner. He doesn't need Trump's money.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:55 AM

35,188 posts, read 10,392,599 times
What, oh what, would we do without the perfunctory preface I'm not a Trump fan, but..., or its twin I'm not a Trump fan, either...

How sad that some can't simply point out unfairness when they see it without, in essence, apologizing for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections