Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 10:23 AM

26,543 posts, read 14,369,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've seen "stars" like that in advertising all my life and never thought it was a Star of David.
i'd love to see some examples of 6 pointed stars in advertising/merchandise that were not meant to represent judaism.

so far we've seen just one sticker book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'd love to see some examples of 6 pointed stars in advertising/merchandise ....
i actually did find one:

https://www.brandcrap.com/2016/02/19...ft-beer-brand/

turns out the "brewer's star" is exactly the same as the star of david. but, this company combined it ( very well and wisely IMO ) with a "sailor's star" and rotated it so as to differentiate itself from the star of david.

i'm surprised trump hasn't claimed the original intent of the star was to promote micro-brew.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 07-07-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,406,752 times
I would like to know how in the world anyone knows that the ONLY place that this image was EVER posted was on some hate site? Or how they know it was created solely for that site and that purpose. It is IMPOSSIBLE to know who originally made it and where it originally came from. Some ass could have found it on social media and posted to some hate site OR some ass could have gotten it from that site and passed it around social media where Trump's people saw it. The entire premise of people thinking they know where it originated, why the creator made it and that Trump's people deliberately took it off that site is completely preposterous.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Trump is a knee-jerk tweeter, who should probably give it up for his own good. You can call him a lot of things (God knows I sure have!), but he is not an anti-Semite.
i have no idea if trump is/isn't an anti-semite. but..... i do believe that he is either trying to thinly "dog whistle" support from bigots and/or intentionally stir up controversy for publicity.

one thing i noticed about kurshner's defense, and also ken kurson's, is that they don't address the action of trump retweeting from an anti-semite source. kurshner just claims that trump is not an anti-semite and kurson states that trump is not responsible for the acts of his followers. neither hold trump and/or his campaign accountable for their actions.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I would like to know how in the world anyone knows that the ONLY place that this image was EVER posted was on some hate site?
to date there has yet to be a site shown that displayed the image before july 2 that didn't have some degree of anti-semitism. if you can find a site, free of anti-semitism, that posted the image before july 2 i'm sure the trump campaign would be very pleased ( probably give you a nice reward ).

good luck with the hunt.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
.... it and that Trump's people deliberately took it off that site is completely preposterous.
trump's camp claimed they got the image from an "anti-hillary" site but when asked for specifics couldn't give an answer.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
to date there has yet to be a site shown that displayed the image before july 2 that didn't have some degree of anti-semitism. if you can find a site, free of anti-semitism, that posted the image before july 2 i'm sure the trump campaign would be very pleased ( probably give you a nice reward ).

good luck with the hunt.
Quote:
trump's camp claimed they got the image from an "anti-hillary" site but when asked for specifics couldn't give an answer.
That means absolutely nothing at all. I have websites where MY images don't show up in ANY searches. Search engines aren't complete know-it-alls, to claim they are is another completely preposterous thought.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
That means absolutely nothing at all.
until trump's camp can provide the name of the site they received the image from this is all the evidence at hand.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Search engines aren't complete know-it-alls, to claim they are is another completely preposterous thought.
i didn't claim they were. nice attempt at a straw man.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
i didn't claim they were. nice attempt at a straw man.
Yes you did, by your statement that nothing but hate sites show up for that image in search engines. Talk about a straw man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections