Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:17 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,477,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I did not realize we had 51 states. Hmm.
That may be counting DC, who had a GOP caucus and whose citizens will also vote in the general.

There are other entities such as American Samoa, PR, VI, who held primaries or caucuses but whose citizen cannot vote in the general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 06:19 PM

25,647 posts, read 21,807,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Donald Trump won 40 states and Ted Cruz won 11 states. for your information.

If Hillary wins as President in November. Are you going to feel that maybe Trump was not the best candidate and maybe the better candidate would have been Ted Cruz, who is more of a Ronald Reagan conservative.

I just don't understand why so many people in New York, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South and North Carolina and California and many other states voted for Trump.
No, I will never doubt my choice in Trump over Cruz. Totally unacceptable about Cruz: wanted to make our government a Christian theocracy of his own cult-type religion, soft on illegal immigration, pathological liar and just so darn creepy in every way that I couldn't stand to look at him or hear him speak. Summary: Too many red flags!

Hillary has stepped in it and taken the party with her. They must cut her loose or go down in it with her. Now, Sanders is my 2nd choice, far, far above the Looney Bird, Cruz.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:22 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,856,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Trumpers are not smart enough to learn from their mistakes, they'll blame the GOP, the media, Hollywood, flouride in the water etc.
Trump may surprise many and the big picture is the Clinton machine ha infected Washington. Liberals have not their own thought! Its to be approved by the Clinton Board!

Old 07-06-2016, 06:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,226,982 times
Quote:

If Hillary wins as President in November. Are you going to feel that maybe Trump was not the best candidate and maybe the better candidate would have been Ted Cruz, who is more of a Ronald Reagan conservative.

I just don't understand why so many people in New York, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South and North Carolina and California and many other states voted for Trump.

do you know Ted Cruz is against abortions even if a woman been rape?

Just on that alone Hillary beats him in 37 to 40 states easily......Hillary would pound him on that over and over that he will force women to have the babies of their rapists.

You can be PRO LIFE but damn you have to have exceptions for rape and incest.....Ted Cruz was too extreme even for the Republican party and you ask why he only won 11 states in the primary and lost most of the South who are PRO life.

he said
Quote:
"Rape is a horrific crime against the humanity of a person, and needs to be punished, and punished severely," Cruz stated, "but at the same time, as horrible as that crime is, I don’t believe it’s the child’s fault."
on that alone, Hillary kills him......plus Cruz can't go after Hillary taking money from Wall Street when he has done the same thing.

and Cruz is W BUSH part 2.....he can't attack Hillary on foreign policy because Cruz supported W Bush foreign policy and W BUSH still has negative numbers about his foreign policy.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:37 PM

17,333 posts, read 9,147,413 times
Quote:

Well Bob - on the UP side, you are a lot closer to figuring out how many States we have than the Big O.
We started with 17 candidates - and many of us voted for somebody other than Cruz or Trump (secret just for you - Kasich won Ohio). I didn't vote for Trump, Cruz (my State Senator) or Kasich for that matter.

It's not up to ME to "pick the best candidate" - just as it's not up to Mitt Romney, George Bush, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Bill Crystal, George P. or any of the other Whiney Losers that didn't get their First Choice. Exactly where is it written that any of these Whiney Loser Political Elites get to "choose" for the Rest of the USA???

I deal with Reality, not Pie in the Sky "what ifs" .... the Reality is that either Crooked Hillary or Non-Politician Donald Trump will be the next President of the United States. I didn't vote for him in the Primary, but I couldn't sleep at night if I even considered a known Political Elite Insider who would rise the National Security of this Nation and gleefully LIE to the American Voters .... over-andover-andover again.

These 2 people ARE the only choice. That is the Reality.
People will either vote for the know Reckless LIAR or they will vote for a Successful Businessman who is the First Candidate in my memory to Self Fund a History Primary as an Outsider.

That's it ..... the ONLY 2 choices. Anyone who thinks differently is smokin' some wackyweed or totally brainwashed.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:42 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,831,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Trumpers are not smart enough to learn from their mistakes, they'll blame the GOP, the media, Hollywood, flouride in the water etc.
BINGO. Actually, the blame game has already started. The excuses you mentioned are already being used. Clinton is a horrible candidate. This should be a perfect set-up for the GOP to win the White House. A too good to be true opportunity due to Clinton's character, scandals, suspicions, negativity and all of the rest of it.

If Trump can't beat her then he truly will be a loser. Just like he called Romney a loser for not defeating Obama a Trump defeat will be 10 times worse.

One thing I don't understand about Trump supporters is that they loved to say over and over that the GOP did not like Ted Cruz so therefore Cruz was a terrible candidate. On the other hand these same GOP members don't like Trump but the the Trump supporters think that's perfectly OK because it means Trump goes against the GOP grain. It's laughable when Trump supporters try to make up excuses for everything that spells negativity for Trump.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:45 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,745,428 times
Quote:

Ted Cruz wouldn't have been any better. He is too much of a theocrat and is out of touch with where 70% of America is on religion and politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections