Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 06:18 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am so depressed.

You have millions of sheep ignoring that Hillary is a corrupt liar that willingly jeopardizes national secrets so she can continue her personal corruption unhindered while in public office.

Then you have Trump who is also a corrupt liar and can't control his mouth for even a day. The same Trump supporters who correctly called out the sheepish nature of Obama supporters that excuse his every lie, now refuse to hold Trump accountable for the same.
I'm sorry for your depression. You might want to examine the candidates over in the 'third party' universe and see if you can support any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 06:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am so depressed.

You have millions of sheep ignoring that Hillary is a corrupt liar that willingly jeopardizes national secrets so she can continue her personal corruption unhindered while in public office.

Then you have Trump who is also a corrupt liar and can't control his mouth for even a day. The same Trump supporters who correctly called out the sheepish nature of Obama supporters that excuse his every lie, now refuse to hold Trump accountable for the same.
I believe almost all of Hillaries negative character description is a successfully manufactured rightwing smear campaign,she has been convicted of no crime and her actions concerning lying are no more than most other politicians it just part of the game politicians play.

Quote:
Here's a brief rundown of Secretary Hillary Clinton's resume:

* Graduated from Yale Law School
* Worked as staff of a U.S. Senate subcommittee
* Staff of the Presidential Impeachment Inquiry Commitee,
advising the U.S. House Judiciary Committee during the Nixon impeachment proceedings.
* Faculty, University of Arkansas Law School
* Part-time chairman of the Legal Services Corporation, appointed by President Carter.
* Member of the Rose Law Firm
* National Law Journal named her twice one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America
* Co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Family
* Chaired the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
* First Lady of Arkansas for 12 years
* First Lady of the United States of America for 8 years
* Chaired President Clinton's National Task Force on Health Care Reform
* Elected United States Senator from New York; served for eight years
* Served for five years as President Obama's Secretary of State, fourth in line of succession of the Presidency
As for debates? with this level of qualification in open debate she will gut the TRump thing as his penchant for name calling will conspire to make him look stupid..

Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,212,739 times
Listen to Frank Lunz's focus group's common theme - immature, outrageous, unfiltered comments/insults are a turn-off.

Undecided Pennsylvania voters divided on Donald Trump - Videos - CBS News

Old 08-24-2016, 12:38 AM

8,070 posts, read 6,917,720 times
I don't like it when Trump recycles nicknames.

He has used "low energy" and "liar" several times with different people.

C'mon Agent Orange you can do better!!!!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:42 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,212,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I don't like it when Trump recycles nicknames.

He has used "low energy" and "liar" several times with different people.

C'mon Agent Orange you can do better!!!!
its a sign of laziness, isn't it.....at least he could do if he's going to insult is to come up with a new name (sarcasm intended)

Old 08-24-2016, 05:48 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,667,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
its a sign of laziness, isn't it.....at least he could do if he's going to insult is to come up with a new name (sarcasm intended)
It may be laziness, as it appears to be the upper limit of his vocabulary. These are the same words he has used for years already for anyone who has crossed him. He hasn't bothered to learn any new words. I guess he thinks he already has all the best words.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:58 PM

1,683 posts, read 799,461 times
On the subject of nicknames...

Is it true that tramp nicknamed his tiny wee-wee "Vladimir" after one of his corrupt international associates?

Old 08-24-2016, 01:32 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,988,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
On the subject of nicknames...

Is it true that tramp nicknamed his tiny wee-wee "Vladimir" after one of his corrupt international associates?
I was on a conference call yesterday involving participants of a very large professional services firm and one of the participants called Trump Voldemort. Someone else countered that he's more like Mussolini. And then they went off from there, but those two are the only ones C-D censors will allow me to repeat here. I sit in on these calls several times a week whenever Trump's name comes up it is usually as the punchline of a joke. He's not widely respected in the business community, from what I have heard.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:44 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,962,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd is his latest victim.

Is this presidential?

http://static2.politico.com/dims4/de...odd_ap_328.jpg

Is he presidential? Scary to think there are people going to vote for him and all he had to do was tap into that wellspring of the Four Horsemen. Personally, my experience with him was at first some things started to click with what he was saying...THEN I actually heard what I was saying/repeating and I even got scared! It helped to have family members say, "WHAT?? What did you just say??" Actually, it came to a head when reading and posting in these forums. I think it's the mob mentality and I easily hook in. My own fault.

I did change my way of thinking and looking at some things. Things based on emotions vs reality. I'll credit him for bringing out some of my worst character defects so the light could shine on them. Thankfully.

Would I vote for him now? Absolutely not. BUT, he is making my life a bit lighter by allowing me to laugh at what I'm hearing/seeing on the news and comedy shows.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:47 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yes it is presidential.
It's called branding and it works and that is the real complaint.
Crooked Hillary is branded and it fits, it's the perfect word that describes her. You can't think about crooked Hillary without thinking about her life's work of corruption and scandal.

Must be time to fire up the ol' branding iron and let it be known the 'J' in Donald J Trump stands for Jackass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections