U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:07 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You should feel ashamed but no, I am sure you don't.
I think the poster you were commenting to was using sarcasm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 08:11 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,840,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Personally, I don't take anything that David Duke says seriously. If you do, fine, but I think you are in the minority.
David Duke has been Trumps number one supporter since the beginning

No doubt, he works closely with the Trump camp

Old 07-07-2016, 08:17 AM

10,765 posts, read 10,125,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
David Duke has been Trumps number one supporter since the beginning

No doubt, he works closely with the Trump camp
You do realize that it is the blatantly ridiculous comments like this, that strengthen the resolve of Trump supporters, and prove to those on the fence that they can't trust most of the negativity thrown his way.

You would much better serve your cause by sticking to the criticism that is plausible.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:20 AM

10,635 posts, read 6,035,589 times
Quote:
You do realize that it is the blatantly ridiculous comments like this, that strengthen the resolve of Trump supporters, and prove to those on the fence that they can't trust most of the negativity thrown his way.

You would much better serve your cause by sticking to the criticism that is plausible.
Plausible criticism is that Trump is retweeting things from neo-Nazis, a fact which doesn't seem to concern Trump supporters. Why is that? Is it because they agree with the vile things these white supremacists tweet?

One thing is certain, Trump obviously agrees with them or he wouldn't retweet them. And that is disturbing to say the least.

Plausible enough for you?

Old 07-07-2016, 08:32 AM

10,765 posts, read 10,125,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Plausible criticism is that Trump is retweeting things from neo-Nazis, a fact which doesn't seem to concern Trump supporters. Why is that? Is it because they agree with the vile things these white supremacists tweet?

One thing is certain, Trump obviously agrees with them or he wouldn't retweet them. And that is disturbing to say the least.

Plausible enough for you?
Not even close. He agrees with what the tweets are overtly saying. Perhaps if I was an anti Semite, I may have looked at that star and and seen a Star of David. But I'm not, so it was just a star.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:43 AM

12,359 posts, read 7,719,801 times
Quote:
Not even close. He agrees with what the tweets are overtly saying. Perhaps if I was an anti Semite, I may have looked at that star and and seen a Star of David. But I'm not, so it was just a star.
Just because don't hear or see the dog whistle Trump blows doesn't mean it's not there for the White Supremacists to see and hear it and know that Trump is their candidate. He also overtly whistles to Separatists and other fringe conspiracy groups. It's his base....people who hate America and want to take us back to the whitewashed past where everything bad was sweep under the table like it never happened.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:55 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,818,104 times
I say you are truly an idiot. Trump is not anti semitic, if you read up on people you would know his daughter married an orthodox Jew and converted herself to become an orthodox Jew. Therefore all their children will be raised as Jews.
There is no outrage. There was nothing anti semitic about the use of the Star of David, the information within the Star of
David didn't have an anti semitic message.
What I am outraged over is the sheer stupidity of you thinking there was something wrong with its use and probably for the first time in the history of your life thinking you are promoting kindness toward people of the Jewish faith. Rest assured I understand you did this in hopes of undermining Donald Trump and his campaign. Know this it didn't work.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:59 AM

21,002 posts, read 11,624,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Just because don't hear or see the dog whistle Trump blows doesn't mean it's not there for the White Supremacists to see and hear it and know that Trump is their candidate. He also overtly whistles to Separatists and other fringe conspiracy groups. It's his base....people who hate America and want to take us back to the whitewashed past where everything bad was sweep under the table like it never happened.
Yep, he does this all the time. Usually walks it back afterwards and the media lets him get away with it, but the dogwhistle has already been sounded for the people who want to hear it, and they can tell themselves that's the real Trump and it's just the politically correct who make him say he didn't really mean it.

The bottom line is that the image he tweeted came from White Supremacists and it's clear the original intent was in fact anti-semitic given that context. To retweet it under those circumstances shows either complicity with that point of view or a lack of awareness so profound that it's just as dangerous.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:09 AM

10,635 posts, read 6,035,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yep, he does this all the time. Usually walks it back afterwards and the media lets him get away with it, but the dogwhistle has already been sounded for the people who want to hear it, and they can tell themselves that's the real Trump and it's just the politically correct who make him say he didn't really mean it.

The bottom line is that the image he tweeted came from White Supremacists and it's clear the original intent was in fact anti-semitic given that context. To retweet it under those circumstances shows either complicity with that point of view or a lack of awareness so profound that it's just as dangerous.
Yep. He would never have even seen this neo-Nazi tweet if he wasn't subscribed to that feed. THAT is the real concern. Why is Trump following white supremacists to begin with? The fact that he retweets them tells you everything you need to know about him. He wouldn't be retweeting things he doesn't either agree with or think is something he can get his base excited about.

Either way, that makes him complicit with the neo-Nazis.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 AM

25,784 posts, read 38,999,165 times
Quote:
To me it was a star.

I do have an original Yellow Star that was used by one of my family members during WWII as hey were forced by the Nazi's to show that hey were Jewish. We kept it as a memory of evil times.

To even compare the tweet with a Star of David in a positive or negative way is just sickening.

Next they will say the sheriffs star is a Jewish star.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or