Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,932,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
David Duke agrees that that was indeed a star of David and not a mistake
Imagine that, now David Duke is more sincere than Trump. LOL Duke will probably get higher favorable ratings than Trump at this point. At least Duke doesn't hide his intentions and true feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 11:10 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,932,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
scavino has claimed that the design came from an "anti hillary" site but refuses to give specifics. if anyone can show a site void of anti-semitism that published this before july 2nd i'd like to see it.
LOL I think the first time Scavino saw that image was on CNN. Trump would never allow anyone to use his Twitter account. If this had been Scavino's work he would have created a new image, not borrow some crap from the internet.

Trump is such a scumbag that he makes his employees take all the fault. At least in the past he just said "an intern did that" When this election is over and if Trump loses I guarantee you we are gonna hear about the abuses these employees go through every day.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:12 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,076,035 times
Scavino lied about it

Quote:
"The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's 'shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it," Scavino added.
Donald Trump's 'Star of David' tweet controversy, explained - CNNPolitics.com

he didn't select the shape, he opted to lift a meme that had been floating around the white supremacy corners of the internet.

If Trump and his team couldn't understand the potential for this to be seen as anti-semitic, their stupidity disqualifies them to run the country.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:40 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,486,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
'They shouldn't have taken it down. You know they took the star down!' he exclaimed. 'I said, "Too bad. You should have left it up." I would have rather defended it. Just leave it up and say, "No, that's not a star of David. That's just a star"
The takeaway is that Trump has limited intermittent access to his Twitter account.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:44 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,449,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
She is a nut case. I'm Jewish and don't see any anti semitic issue with this and neither did I think of a Star of David.

In Europe there is so.much anti semitic feelings and remarks but if this would be considered to be one of them than we would be over sensitive.

Over there they sell Juden cookies and nobody cares ...and frankly they are very good.
Seriously, can someone explain this to me? I really don't know what Juden cookies has to do with this?!?!?

Old 07-06-2016, 11:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,715,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Did the star on the Frozen image from Disney come with the word 'corrupt' and the picture of money behind it?
No but it had the word "stickers". That's short for "swas-stickers". And the big nose on the snowman is clearly anti-Semitic. The whole story is about finding the true power of whiteness.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Im Jewish as well, and when I first saw the image, the Star of David never even entered my mind.

"The social media graphic used this weekend was not created by the campaign nor was it sourced from an anti-Semitic site," Scavino said in a statement separate from Trump's. "It was lifted from an anti-Hillary Twitter user where countless images appear."
"The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's 'shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it," Scavino added.

Scavino's wife is Jewish, by the way.

Donald Trump's 'Star of David' tweet controversy, explained - CNNPolitics.com
I call BS. The 'excuse' came AFTER a trump supporter suggested it. I have followed this closely and the timeline is clear. You aren't the only Jew here, so you, nor Scavino, whether his wife is Jewish or not, are the spokesperson for Jews and cannot discount the opinions of those who take offense.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
But the meme was initially created by an anti-Semite twitter user and tweeted in mid-June. So the star likely was meant to signify an anti-Semite message. It was then picked up by a racist message board a few days later. The Trump campaign had to get it from either of those two sources.

Trump's Anti-Semite 'Ad Designer' Quits Twitter

(and they must not want this being discussed on this forum as this is the third or fourth thread on this topic with each thread before this one being removed so maybe we should all move on ...?)
Who is 'they'?

Old 07-07-2016, 12:07 AM

29,183 posts, read 22,206,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Seriously, can someone explain this to me? I really don't know what Juden cookies has to do with this?!?!?
Trump mistook Jewish cookies for Sheriff's stars?
You know how it is when a person is grasping at straws in a debate. Any old straw will do.

Following that line of logic says all Sheriffs must therefore be Jewish.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:33 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,320,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What do the Trump haters have to say about the sheriff star or star of David on the book "Frozen ".

Disney's Frozen!
Was it created by a white supremacist and shared on white supremacists social media?

At this point, the star doesn't matter. It was taken from a white supremacists social media. How many times has Trump been caught re-tweeting white supremacist propaganda now? A dozen? Ive lost count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections