Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,257,144 times

Advertisements

Trump and Co aren't ready to represent the entire American population. He represents the supremecists, rednecks, racists, and fringe element very well. But as POTUS, he'd represent all of us. He doesn't, and won't. Even his own party members are embarrassed by him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:48 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,222,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
She is a nut case. I'm Jewish and don't see any anti semitic issue with this and neither did I think of a Star of David.

In Europe there is so.much anti semitic feelings and remarks but if this would be considered to be one of them than we would be over sensitive.

Over there they sell Juden cookies and nobody cares ...and frankly they are very good.
That's nifty! I forgot that you obviously speak for every Jew on the planet.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:49 AM

See if the origin of the tweet didn't come from a racist website that used derogatory phrases in regards to Jews and other minority group you might have a leg to stand on with that argument. Since it did you can stop with attempting to link it to an innocent image.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:24 AM

79,903 posts, read 43,915,797 times
Those who would use an issue like this are scum and are examples of everything that is wrong with this country. What Trump did was the same thing hundreds of others have done in similar circumstances.

There are hundreds of arguments against Trump but if you have to go here it only shows you are an ignorant fool.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:16 AM

40,929 posts, read 48,896,276 times
Just a Dem distraction away from Crooked Hillarys email lies.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those who would use an issue like this are scum and are examples of everything that is wrong with this country. What Trump did was the same thing hundreds of others have done in similar circumstances.

There are hundreds of arguments against Trump but if you have to go here it only shows you are an ignorant fool.
Yes, I always retweet racist images from racist sites myself. Why just last week I retweeted a burning cross with a fine fellow in a hood because I wanted to commemorate halloween.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:50 AM

13,678 posts, read 8,950,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Oh. I forgot what a Sheriff's badge looks like...

So I looked it up on Bing.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...es&FORM=RESTAB

Hmmm... Looks to me that the stars came with 5,6, and 7 points. Mostly 5 or 6. But by far, all the points have round circles on the points. Those circles make them all look quite a lot different from the Star of David, no matter how many points the star has.

Didn't see any circles on that star in the tweet, though...

I had read once that the reason for the ' circles' on each tip was because a sharpened point would damage the clothing.

As I have said elsewhere, I imagine that somebody on Trump's staff found the image at issue, floating about the tweeter-verse, and suggested that Trump re-tweet it, without knowing the source of the image.

Of course, it could be what some suggest: Trump will 're-tweet' something originating from hate-sites, then deny any knowledge of the source, yet he did it purposely to alert his 'base' that he is 'with them'.

Yet, that is more Machiavellian than I believe Trump is capable of. Then again, lightning does seem to strike the same place time after time.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:11 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,619,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I'm sure hundreds of others have done the same thing, the only problem is they're racist d-bags.

If you think it's common for people to tweet white supremacist propaganda, it says a lot about the kind of people you hang around with online.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 AM

7,731 posts, read 5,459,111 times
I think the difference is pretty simple to understand. Look at the book and tweet and think of what words come to mind.

Frozen Star of David sticker= positive, friendly, for children

Trump Star of Corruption = negative, corruption, not for families

This is a pretty meaningless topic overall though.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:05 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,825,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I think the difference is pretty simple to understand. Look at the book and tweet and think of what words come to mind.

Frozen Star of David sticker= positive, friendly, for children

Trump Star of Corruption = negative, corruption, not for families

This is a pretty meaningless topic overall though.
The point of this topic is that this is not the first time Trump has retweeted things from Stormfront/white supremacist type of sites. He retweeted a bogus graphic about black crime statistics a few months back that came from a neo-Nazi Twitter account.

In the bio of the originator of that tweet the author rants about gays and liberals and ends with this little gem: "We should have listened to the Austrian chap with the little moustache."

What this latest retweet tells you is who Trump follows on Twitter. And that should give you pause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections