Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times

Advertisements

There's nothing wrong with using a star in a neutral or innocent or appropriate manner.

Trump (his staff) lifted this image from a neo-nazi message board that used it in a vile, ugly context: connecting corruption and excessive $$ with a Judaic symbol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 09:39 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
It's about the SOURCE ( it's from an anti-semetic site) What's the problem?..IF Trumps's own campaign actually did anything original..rather than retweeting images from questions site.. Just maybe they could claim ignorance of such a visual..

While Trumps wants to blame Media for reporting it..It was actually the Jewish Community elders who made the original OUTCRY!!

Trump loves to Blame media..BUT uses them constantly to exploit + his Blathering @rally's .. I watched him today..actually he blathered away..constant repeat talking like a junior high kid ..repeating..using childish terms..loving all those "Haters" in his crowd...

He's simply a SLEEZE Bag..I simply cannot get my head around any Foreign Country accepting this IDIOT as the leader of the Free World? But then again..Biased/Haters/Bigots/ love how Trumps calls names...Liar's Corrupt are the most common....Look in Trump's mirror..Liar +++ then Corrupt is being constantly proven ..Fraudualant Business Practice..yet his Lover's think his skill will Help them?? Yikes..Most supporters are lucky they never got duped by the Con Man

Trump has absolutely NO Clue on diplomacy..much less measured rhetoric..No filter..NO ability to control himself...Inabiity to control one's emotions means disaster...when it come's to on'e Countries decisions...Talk about Natation Security..WW111 in the offing..never mind his economic presentations cost ing USA Trillions?? I thought GOP worried about the Debt???

GOP is far too targeted against Hillary for past 2 years +++ NOW They are forced to deal with Trump..Good Luck with that..Even Paul Ryan looks like his suit has become "Cheap" in the past 6 months!! IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
There's nothing wrong with using a star in a neutral or innocent or appropriate manner.

Trump (his staff) lifted this image from a neo-nazi message board that used it in a vile, ugly context: connecting corruption and excessive $$ with a Judaic symbol.
Im Jewish as well, and when I first saw the image, the Star of David never even entered my mind.

"The social media graphic used this weekend was not created by the campaign nor was it sourced from an anti-Semitic site," Scavino said in a statement separate from Trump's. "It was lifted from an anti-Hillary Twitter user where countless images appear."
"The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's 'shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it," Scavino added.

Scavino's wife is Jewish, by the way.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/politi...eet-explained/

Old 07-06-2016, 09:53 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,294 times
David Duke agrees that that was indeed a star of David and not a mistake

Old 07-06-2016, 09:58 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,028,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Im Jewish as well, and when I first saw the image, the Star of David never even entered my mind.

"The social media graphic used this weekend was not created by the campaign nor was it sourced from an anti-Semitic site," Scavino said in a statement separate from Trump's. "It was lifted from an anti-Hillary Twitter user where countless images appear."
"The sheriff's badge -- which is available under Microsoft's 'shapes' -- fit with the theme of corrupt Hillary and that is why I selected it," Scavino added.

Scavino's wife is Jewish, by the way.

Donald Trump's 'Star of David' tweet controversy, explained - CNNPolitics.com
But the meme was initially created by an anti-Semite twitter user and tweeted in mid-June. So the star likely was meant to signify an anti-Semite message. It was then picked up by a racist message board a few days later. The Trump campaign had to get it from either of those two sources.

Trump's Anti-Semite 'Ad Designer' Quits Twitter

(and they must not want this being discussed on this forum as this is the third or fourth thread on this topic with each thread before this one being removed so maybe we should all move on ...?)

Old 07-06-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
David Duke agrees that that was indeed a star of David and not a mistake
Personally, I don't take anything that David Duke says seriously. If you do, fine, but I think you are in the minority.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:05 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
It's about the SOURCE
yep, context and source. it's also being reported that trump has stated that he believes it was a mistake to have deleted the original tweet.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
....with each thread before this one being removed....
i think just the one has been removed, here's the other:

Trump tweet evoking anti-Semitic imagery first posted on message board

i imagine this will get merged with that.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
But the meme was initially created by an anti-Semite twitter user and tweeted in mid-June. So the star likely was meant to signify an anti-Semite message. It was then picked up by a racist message board a few days later. The Trump campaign had to get it from either of those two sources.

Trump's Anti-Semite 'Ad Designer' Quits Twitter

(and they must not want this being discussed on this forum as this is the third or fourth thread on this topic with each thread before this one being removed so maybe we should all move on ...?)
Why? These things make their way around the Internet at a very fast pace. It is highly unlikely that Scavino got it directly from one of those two sites.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
The actual image was created by an individual who posted it to a white supremacist message board....and the Trump staffer (or Trump himself) pulled it from that source.

But if you Trumpeters want to continue to waste your time defending the indefensible than by all means...be our guest. That's reason# 9573930 why your candidate is going to LOSE.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It is highly unlikely that Scavino got it directly from one of those two sites.
scavino has claimed that the design came from an "anti hillary" site but refuses to give specifics. if anyone can show a site void of anti-semitism that published this before july 2nd i'd like to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections