U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 AM
 
5,102 posts, read 5,963,378 times
Reputation: 3116

Advertisements

Quote:
Why does it make sense that he is at a law firm? Are you implying that lawyers are crooks?
No, so calm the f down.

Quote:
Rot in hell? For having a differing opinion than you?
No. So gain calm down and stop reading into things with AM radio responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 AM
 
Location: DFW area
1,195 posts, read 3,199,205 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
No, so calm the f down.



No. So gain calm down and stop reading into things with AM radio responses.
What's wrong with AM radio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:15 AM
 
413 posts, read 833,577 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
now theres a democrat i could vote for.he might have won the republican nomination had he run
Yep, the challenge-to-a-duel platform would've gone over very well.

The dude was a lunatic, and the fact that he so staunchly supported Bush in 2004 is proof-positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Boise
2,684 posts, read 6,178,837 times
Reputation: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
No, so calm the f down.



No. So gain calm down and stop reading into things with AM radio responses.
Reading into things? You said he should burn in Hell. Sounds more AM radio than anything I said. You assume I even agree with those Am jockeys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Location: DFW area
1,195 posts, read 3,199,205 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Yep, the challenge-to-a-duel platform would've gone over very well.

The dude was a lunatic, and the fact that he so staunchly supported Bush in 2004 is proof-positive.
Up until the late 1960's, the majority of the Democratic movement was more moderate than "left wing" as we see now. Mr. Zell Miller back in the early days was considered the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:24 AM
 
413 posts, read 833,577 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Up until the late 1960's, the majority of the Democratic movement was more moderate than "left wing" as we see now. Mr. Zell Miller back in the early days was considered the norm.
Yeah, but then LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, and truthfully predicted that the Democratic Party was signing away the South for at least a couple generations. He was right, because the racists jumped ship and went to the Republican Party after their failed experiment with the Strom Thurmond Dixiecrat Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
 
5,102 posts, read 5,963,378 times
Reputation: 3116
Quote:
You said he should burn in Hell
Yes but where did I say that I believed that because I disagree with him.

I feel that what he did was morally wrong and had real negative consequences for our country. I do not believe that he said those things out a belief that Bush was better or for any "noble" reason.

He stood up there and lied to enable an administration that is harming our country and its people. He stood up there and lied about Kerry and every other American who called themselves Democrats. He insulted us in a ridiculously slimy manner (like Lieberman often does these days) and again all for a corrupt, incompetent and self-serving administration.

Yes he can rot in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 01:31 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 19,255,183 times
Reputation: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Yeah, but then LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, and truthfully predicted that the Democratic Party was signing away the South for at least a couple generations. He was right, because the racists jumped ship and went to the Republican Party after their failed experiment with the Strom Thurmond Dixiecrat Party.
Not alldon't forget the Democratic Party's most revered member, Robert Byrd.

He was an actual member of the KKK....

LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
 
413 posts, read 833,577 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Not alldon't forget the Democratic Party's most revered member, Robert Byrd.

He was an actual member of the KKK....

LOL.
True enough. At least he finally reversed his ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 19,255,183 times
Reputation: 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
True enough. At least he finally reversed his ways.
Did he???

He still used the dreaded 'N' word...in 2001.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top