U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 06:11 PM

5,290 posts, read 3,327,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
No need to fix anything of mine. BTW, the word 'beginning ' is spelled as I just wrote it, not spelled 'being'. Fix your own posts before you alter others.
Boy, you are going to love Hillary as president for the next 8 years, I can feel it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 10:29 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,461,699 times
hillary is an elected official of the united states, so her lies are much worse than Trumps fibs, Donald is a civilian, hes not an employee of the american citizen.

big difference.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:35 PM

3,126 posts, read 1,271,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The GOP is lying. They are lying about Hillary Clinton having broken the law. If you want to believe the GOP instead of Hillary herself, that's your choice. Personally, I'm not going to believe in people who have the GOAL of undermining Hillary's candidacy and nothing else.
People who are as ill informed as you should not be allowed to vote..

Old 07-08-2016, 03:21 AM

8,088 posts, read 4,423,234 times
What matters is who she lies to. Lie to American public - Comey documented those well - you might be elected to high office. Lie to the FBI, then you likely get indicted; for much less. Gen David Petraeus as example. Again, Comey said as much.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:28 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,302,429 times
There's a difference between lying and answering to the best of your ability.

Obviously, Hillary Clinton does not have the investigative resources of the FBI.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:43 AM

22,241 posts, read 15,318,853 times
I am still trying to see where she lied...

Old 07-08-2016, 05:55 AM

8,088 posts, read 4,423,234 times
Bob, she lied, but it was to the American public. Director Comey says so in this transcript, where Gowdy refers to her public and documented lies over the course of the last year. Being a clever attorney, she knew not to let to the FBI. Lying to the FBI instead of the American public as she consistently has over the last year would have created a reason to refer for indictment, as David Petraeus found out. She did lie.

Quote:
Here's a full transcript of the exchange:

Gowdy: Good morning, Director Comey. Secretary Clinton said she never sent or received any classified information over her private e-mail, was that true?
Comey: Our investigation found that there was classified information sent.

Gowdy: It was not true?

Comey: That's what I said.

Gowdy: OK. Well, I'm looking for a shorter answer so you and I are not here quite as long. Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her e-mails sent or received. Was that true?

Comey: That's not true. There were a small number of portion markings on I think three of the documents.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said "I did not e-mail any classified information to anyone on my e-mail there was no classified material." That is true?

Comey: There was classified information emailed.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton used one device, was that true?

Comey: She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as Secretary of State.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said all work related emails were returned to the State Department. Was that true?

Comey: No. We found work related email, thousands, that were not returned.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said neither she or anyone else deleted work related emails from her personal account.

Comey: That's a harder one to answer. We found traces of work related emails in on devices or in space. Whether they were deleted or when a server was changed out something happened to them, there's no doubt that the work related emails that were removed electronically from the email system.

Gowdy: Secretary Clinton said her lawyers read every one of the emails and were overly inclusive. Did her lawyers read the email content individually?

Comey: No.
Rep Trey Gowdy rips into FBI Director James Comey on Hillary Clinton's 'intent'
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am still trying to see where she lied...

Old 07-08-2016, 06:29 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,302,429 times
Default Let's try this one more time:

"According to Department spokesperson Harf, use by government officials of personal email for government business is permissible under the Federal Records Act, so long as relevant official communications, including all work-related emails, are preserved by the agency.[32] The Act (which was amended in late 2014 after Clinton left office to require that personal emails be transferred to government servers within 20 days) requires agencies to retain all official communications, including all work-related emails, and stipulates that government employees cannot destroy or remove relevant records"

In other words, at the time Hillary was SoS, it was allowed for government officials to receive and transmit classified content via private email accounts as long as certain protocol was followed.

All that was required is that she follow that protocol to the best of her knowledge and ability. The fact that Hillary's team wasn't perfect in finding all relavent classified material among over 55,000 emails and Hillary wasn't perfect in forwarding every classified piece of information is not proof she "lied" or of her "guilt" or intent.

That's why there is no case for action. Get it? Good. Now can we move on or do I have to explain this again?

Old 07-08-2016, 06:33 AM

9,738 posts, read 8,066,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
"According to Department spokesperson Harf, use by government officials of personal email for government business is permissible under the Federal Records Act, so long as relevant official communications, including all work-related emails, are preserved by the agency.[32] The Act (which was amended in late 2014 after Clinton left office to require that personal emails be transferred to government servers within 20 days) requires agencies to retain all official communications, including all work-related emails, and stipulates that government employees cannot destroy or remove relevant records"

In other words, at the time Hillary was SoS, it was allowed for government officials to receive and transmit classified content via private email accounts as long as certain protocol was followed.

All that was required is that she follow that protocol to the best of her knowledge and ability. The fact that Hillary's team wasn't perfect in finding all relavent classified material among over 55,000 emails and Hillary wasn't perfect in forwarding every classified piece of information is not proof she "lied" or of her "guilt" or intent.

That's why there is no case for action. Get it? Good. Now can we move on or do I have to explain this again?

Government business is not the same as classified business It is illegal to removed classified documents from secured servers. They call that espionage.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:36 AM

22,241 posts, read 15,318,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Bob, she lied, but it was to the American public. Director Comey says so in this transcript, where Gowdy refers to her public and documented lies over the course of the last year. Being a clever attorney, she knew not to let to the FBI. Lying to the FBI instead of the American public as she consistently has over the last year would have created a reason to refer for indictment, as David Petraeus found out. She did lie.

Rep Trey Gowdy rips into FBI Director James Comey on Hillary Clinton's 'intent'
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought lying was saying something that you know is not true. My bad. Perhaps the dictionary should be changed...

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/lying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or