U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Status: "\_(ツ)_/" (set 17 days ago)
 
11,383 posts, read 5,967,127 times
Reputation: 3599

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Wrong. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

The reason it was not recommended for prosecution was because, in all similar cases, there was a provable intent to do so and/or the material was passed on to someone out-of-network.

There is no evidence for either intent or out-of-network distribution in Hillary's case.

So, basically, your criminal case against her is sunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
And once again, I have to explain the difference between lying and answering to the best of your knowledge and ability.

Clinton did not have or employ the investigative powers, technical experts and technology that the FBI brought to bear on this investigation of her emails when she testified. The FBI had to conduct laborious and technically intensive search and extraction of many disjointed and "lost" files that Clinton or her team of lawyers could not have done at the time of her testimony.

It took a professional investigative team, with access to the email accounts of multiple parties, to find and piece together much of what they found.

So Clinton testified to the best of her knowledge and ability at the time. If some of what the FBI un-covered via a professional investigation involving computer experts contradicts her own knowledge, that's not
surprising or evidence of knowledge or guilt.
You are still wrong. The premise of the quote I was responding to was that Clinton wasn't found guilty because she wasn't investigated for her alleged lying under oath to congress. The fact is that Comey and the FBI did not look into this because they were not requested to, again, this was the premise of the quote. It had nothing to do with past cases which you wrongly implied. It has everything to do with the fact that the FBI did not investigate the accusation that she lied under oath to congress because they were not yet asked to investigate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2016, 09:57 AM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,766 posts, read 2,302,044 times
Reputation: 2343
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You are still wrong. The premise of the quote I was responding to was that Clinton wasn't found guilty because she wasn't investigated for her alleged lying under oath to congress. The fact is that Comey and the FBI did not look into this because they were not requested to, again, this was the premise of the quote. It had nothing to do with past cases which you wrongly implied. It has everything to do with the fact that the FBI did not investigate the accusation that she lied under oath to congress because they were not yet asked to investigate it.
Did you even read my second reply you quoted?

How can they investigated her about alleged "lies" before the FBI director presented his report?

And my point was, if it took the FBI a laborious and technically intensive search and extraction of many disjointed and "lost" files, using technical experts and technology, encompassing multiple accounts of thousands of emails exchanges to find what they found, what makes you think Clinton knowingly had any awareness her statement would contradict the FBI findings?

Just because your answers contradict FBI findings, doesn't mean you didn't answer to the best of your own knowledge and ability.

So YOU are still misinformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 10:00 AM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,592 posts, read 12,342,433 times
Reputation: 15498
I suppose the purpose of this thread is to call Hillary a "doo doo head."

Okay, fair enough.

I am still voting for her.

I don't like Donald and I think he is an awful politician who has never held public office, and NOT very intelligent to boot. Nothing against him personally. I don't like Republican values.

BTW ... Pennsylvania will go for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Status: "\_(ツ)_/" (set 17 days ago)
 
11,383 posts, read 5,967,127 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Did you even read my second reply you quoted?

How can they investigated her about alleged "lies" before the FBI director presented his report?

And my point was, if it took the FBI a laborious and technically intensive search and extraction of many disjointed and "lost" files, using technical experts and technology, encompassing multiple accounts of thousands of emails exchanges to find what they found, what makes you think Clinton knowingly had any awareness her statement would contradict the FBI findings?

Just because your answers contradict FBI findings, doesn't mean you didn't answer to the best of your own knowledge and ability.

So YOU are still misinformed.
Yeah, I'm misinformed because I want to wait for the FBI to actually investigate the new allegations that they have previously not even looked into.

Your point applies to the investigation that was concluded and spoken about by Comey. There apparently will be a second investigation that you can make assumptions about at this point, but to tell me I'm uninformed because I'm not making assumptions about how a yet to be conducted investigation will conclude is just misleading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 10:41 AM
 
8,087 posts, read 4,422,299 times
Reputation: 3074
Be forthright. Leave it at this. The rest is window dressing, somehow justifying the bolded. Nothing wrong with it, but it is the unleavened truth for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I suppose the purpose of this thread is to call Hillary a "doo doo head."

Okay, fair enough.

I am still voting for her.

I don't like Donald and I think he is an awful politician who has never held public office, and NOT very intelligent to boot. Nothing against him personally. I don't like Republican values.

BTW ... Pennsylvania will go for Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
7,495 posts, read 4,250,315 times
Reputation: 6043
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Whatever. She's got this election in the bag. She will win BIG!
Could happen. Her supporters don't care how dishonest she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 10:00 PM
 
6,981 posts, read 4,459,607 times
Reputation: 5141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
So pretty much the same as Trump then?
Trump isn't an 'employee' of the American Citizen, he doesn't work for the US Govt, he's allowed to say whatever he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 10:04 PM
 
6,981 posts, read 4,459,607 times
Reputation: 5141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I suppose the purpose of this thread is to call Hillary a "doo doo head."

Okay, fair enough.

I am still voting for her.

I don't like Donald and I think he is an awful politician who has never held public office, and NOT very intelligent to boot. Nothing against him personally. I don't like Republican values.

BTW ... Pennsylvania will go for Hillary.
'awful politician'

'not intelligent'

hashtag you're an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2016, 11:32 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
9,876 posts, read 6,620,476 times
Reputation: 6278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I suppose the purpose of this thread is to call Hillary a "doo doo head."

Okay, fair enough.

I am still voting for her.

I don't like Donald and I think he is an awful politician who has never held public office, and NOT very intelligent to boot. Nothing against him personally. I don't like Republican values.

BTW ... Pennsylvania will go for Hillary.
Exactly. Let the Trump-bots have their jollies. The rest of us will roll up our sleeves and turn out the vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,314,837 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Did you even read my second reply you quoted?

How can they investigated her about alleged "lies" before the FBI director presented his report?

And my point was, if it took the FBI a laborious and technically intensive search and extraction of many disjointed and "lost" files, using technical experts and technology, encompassing multiple accounts of thousands of emails exchanges to find what they found, what makes you think Clinton knowingly had any awareness her statement would contradict the FBI findings?

Just because your answers contradict FBI findings, doesn't mean you didn't answer to the best of your own knowledge and ability.

So YOU are still misinformed.
After 9 political inquisitions on the email nonsense, they apparently want a 10th to provide further proof that she has not lied. Repubs in Congress obviously feel they have a lot of taxpayer dollars to waste. Like "Colonel Jessup" says, they just "can't handle the truth".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top