U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:36 AM
 
5,818 posts, read 13,271,430 times
Reputation: 9276

Advertisements

I am dissatisfied with both candidates. I am going to vote for my golden retriever and on the immigration question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2016, 05:56 AM
 
26,184 posts, read 8,913,327 times
Reputation: 9116
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
After 9 political inquisitions on the email nonsense, they apparently want a 10th to provide further proof that she has not lied. Repubs in Congress obviously feel they have a lot of taxpayer dollars to waste. Like "Colonel Jessup" says, they just "can't handle the truth".
I suppose it's good to have something in common with the candidate you support. The sad part is the inability to recognize the truth and the continuous history and pattern of denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 06:08 AM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
10,496 posts, read 4,374,857 times
Reputation: 4627
I think the last two House statements on Hillary prove she did not lie. The last one by the FBI director showed she did not lie. He may have felt that she was wrong, but because the House has not passed any legislation to make it a crime she did not lie. Of course they could put in some nutty bill going after Hillary while not touching the previous GOP Sec. of State's.

The GOP will need some someone to blame (heaven forbid that the leadership of the GOP was wrong), I am sure they will waste many months doing what was done before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Renton - Fairwood, Washington
759 posts, read 415,335 times
Reputation: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Whatever. She's got this election in the bag. She will win BIG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Could happen. Her supporters don't care how dishonest she is.
That's been the problem from the beginning.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 07:03 AM
 
433 posts, read 200,589 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
So pretty much the same as Trump then?
Actually. the fact that he doesn't lie....is why the people are scared of him..... whereas, Clinton says what people believe is "politically correct"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 07:10 AM
 
433 posts, read 200,589 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I think the last two House statements on Hillary prove she did not lie. The last one by the FBI director showed she did not lie. He may have felt that she was wrong, but because the House has not passed any legislation to make it a crime she did not lie. Of course they could put in some nutty bill going after Hillary while not touching the previous GOP Sec. of State's.

The GOP will need some someone to blame (heaven forbid that the leadership of the GOP was wrong), I am sure they will waste many months doing what was done before.
She testified under oath to congress that "no emails were marked classified".... the FBI confirmed that 110 of the emails were in some form marked classified....um, that is a lie.....not to mention perjury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 08:08 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,763 posts, read 10,122,684 times
Reputation: 7619
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
After 9 political inquisitions on the email nonsense, they apparently want a 10th to provide further proof that she has not lied. Repubs in Congress obviously feel they have a lot of taxpayer dollars to waste. Like "Colonel Jessup" says, they just "can't handle the truth".
It's not "nonsense". This was a gigantic security failure that reached the highest levels of government.

Put aside Hillary and Trump, and the whole presidential campaign, and you will realize how much better off we are for having had this investigation. Without the investigation and all the publicity, how much longer would these shoddy security practices have gone on? How much more top secret information would be put at risk in the future? No matter which candidate you are for, this investigation was good for America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 08:46 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,691 posts, read 16,462,697 times
Reputation: 22307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
Actually. the fact that he doesn't lie....is why the people are scared of him..... whereas, Clinton says what people believe is "politically correct"
Lol. Every looked at the stats on politifact? Trump is the biggest liar out there. And the fact that you don't know that is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamebird98 View Post
She testified under oath to congress that "no emails were marked classified".... the FBI confirmed that 110 of the emails were in some form marked classified....um, that is a lie.....not to mention perjury.
FBI director had to walk that number waaay back.

And it's not perjury unless you knowingly lie. Can you honestly describe every email, business or otherwise, that you sent AND received in a four year time period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 08:51 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,691 posts, read 16,462,697 times
Reputation: 22307
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It's not "nonsense". This was a gigantic security failure that reached the highest levels of government.

Put aside Hillary and Trump, and the whole presidential campaign, and you will realize how much better off we are for having had this investigation. Without the investigation and all the publicity, how much longer would these shoddy security practices have gone on? How much more top secret information would be put at risk in the future? No matter which candidate you are for, this investigation was good for America.
Sure it was. Now why didn't you investigate your own? Powell? Rice? Bush? Cheney? ALL those missing emails on the RNC server?

That is why this is pure partisan showmanship and nothing more.

You care ONLY when it is the other side ~ doing the exact same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2016, 08:51 AM
 
433 posts, read 200,589 times
Reputation: 259
she knew what she sent....if she really didn't understand that they were classified, then that is even more concerning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top