Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 12:57 PM

7,730 posts, read 5,442,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
As a Hillary supporter, I'm very happy that Trump is the nominee. It will basically hand the presidency to her. According to the latest electoral map polling data, Hillary will win 11 out of 12 swing states, garnering 358 electoral votes. Trump will lose big time with only 180 electoral votes. I can't wait! Four more months!
It's the first time in many many decades a party will win the White House back to back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 01:19 PM

25,581 posts, read 21,764,305 times
Survey Monkey? I'll pass on that.

If surveys meant anything, Sanders would have been promoted by his party since he was the only candidate showing a consistent lead of Trump and generally by 10 points. So?

Yeah, I think that as more people tune in for the banter on the FBI report, we'll see some "morphing" going on in the polls, unless they are being manipulated by the great manipulator or say Time Warner who owns $700,000 worth of Hillary and has extensive holdings:
http://www.timewarner.com/sites/time...t_v4_FINAL.pdf

Old 07-07-2016, 01:27 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,209,576 times
Well that's no surprise. I think that against a generic Republican she likely would have lost.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,209,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You mean like a homosexual Boy Scout? Already been done.
FYI, there are no guarantees until election day, so put your pom poms away.

And the SCOTUS nominations are reason enough to vote for Trump.
You are kidding yourself if you think Trump would really nominate conservative justices. He's pandering to his party until he wins. Then he will nominate whoever the hell he wants. This is the same guy that said his sister and an Obama appointee would make great justices several months ago.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 PM

759 posts, read 628,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
It's the first time in many many decades a party will win the White House back to back.
Yeah... since 1980/1984/1988 when Reagan/Bush won 3 straight terms... which is the only time a party has won 3 straight terms over the last 60+ years. In every other election following a parties 2+ terms in office (1952,1960,1968,1976,1992,2000,2008) the other party won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I think that against a generic Republican
she likely would have lost.
I have no doubt... and the above mentioned trend would have continued.

It's too bad really... If I had to bet on November it would be difficult for me to put money on anyone but Hillary due to the fact that 1 out of every 3 Hillary supporters are just as stupid as the other 2. Bottom line is her supporters don't care how corrupt she is.

At any rate, I won't be voting for her.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,869,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
They said the same thing in 2012 with Obama.
Hillary will be far worse then Obama, trust me.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:07 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,634,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
You are kidding yourself if you think Trump would really nominate conservative justices. He's pandering to his party until he wins. Then he will nominate whoever the hell he wants. This is the same guy that said his sister and an Obama appointee would make great justices several months ago.
And you're kidding yourself if you think the country wants another four years of Obama. Crooked Hillary's days are numbered. Her lying days are what will cost her the election. Comey's statements prove she's a liar. You liberals are okay with that, but that doesn't surprise anyone.

And stop with the delusions. Whoever Trump nominates will have to be vetted by Congress. If by chance Trump did nominate a liberal, that nominee wouldn't be approved by Congress, just like Obama's latest nomination.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:32 PM

2,902 posts, read 1,956,496 times
Trump's going to have a very hard time winning this election. The ads against him already with him making many incendiary comments are sure to turn many voters off, especially women and older people. My 77-year old mother used to like Clinton in the 90's but can't stand her now. She told me recently she can't vote for Trump, can't stand many of the things he's said. Thinks he's a nut.

Honestly, if voters had chosen Cruz over Trump I believe he would have beaten Hillary fairly easily come November. Too many people can't stand either Donald or Hillary, but Donald has really turned a lot of people off with his outrageous behavior and language. At least Cruz plays the part of a statesman and is articulate and highly intelligent. Big mistake Republicans voting for Trump. But I'm not surprised in the least. The electorate in this country has proven how incompetent they are in electing our leaders.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:38 PM

754 posts, read 481,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
They said the same thing in 2012 with Obama.
The democrats have to lose eventually. No party stays in power forever, this country has shown that it likes to switch parties every so often.

Obama was a far more charismatic and likeable candidate than Hillary was. Mitt Romney would have had a better shot of beating Hillary this year than he had against Obama in 2012.

The democrats would have had 12 years of power in 2020, every election then on becomes increasingly difficult to win.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:52 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Who cares if Ryan, Kasich or Romney polls better? If they got elected, we would have a Democrat-lite.
As opposed to elected Donald and having liberal progressive scattershot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections