Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 05:09 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,274,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post

Honestly, if voters had chosen Cruz over Trump I believe he would have beaten Hillary fairly easily come November. Too many people can't stand either Donald or Hillary, but Donald has really turned a lot of people off with his outrageous behavior and language. At least Cruz plays the part of a statesman and is articulate and highly intelligent. Big mistake Republicans voting for Trump. But I'm not surprised in the least. The electorate in this country has proven how incompetent they are in electing our leaders.
I don't think so. Cruz's hard right, Bible-thumping santimoniousness is a real turn off. And any Republican candidate is at a disadvantage in the Electoral College count in a presidential election. Cruz might get a few more ECs than Trump but he's not necessarily going to be able to flip a few more states vs. Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 05:13 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,498,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
And you're kidding yourself if you think the country wants another four years of Obama. Crooked Hillary's days are numbered. Her lying days are what will cost her the election. Comey's statements prove she's a liar. You liberals are okay with that, but that doesn't surprise anyone.

And stop with the delusions. Whoever Trump nominates will have to be vetted by Congress. If by chance Trump did nominate a liberal, that nominee wouldn't be approved by Congress, just like Obama's latest nomination.
Just remember, this is YOUR candidate:

Old 07-07-2016, 05:18 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,498,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Yeah... since 1980/1984/1988 when Reagan/Bush won 3 straight terms... which is the only time a party has won 3 straight terms over the last 60+ years. In every other election following a parties 2+ terms in office (1952,1960,1968,1976,1992,2000,2008) the other party won.

I have no doubt... and the above mentioned trend would have continued.

It's too bad really... If I had to bet on November it would be difficult for me to put money on anyone but Hillary due to the fact that 1 out of every 3 Hillary supporters are just as stupid as the other 2. Bottom line is her supporters don't care how corrupt she is.

At any rate, I won't be voting for her.
Conversely, 2 out of 3 Hillary supporters is smarter than the other. Equivalently, Hillary supporters are smarter than average. Conclusion: Non-Hillary supporters are below average.

I take it logic was never your strength?

Last edited by Smoke_Jaguar4; 07-07-2016 at 06:38 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,239,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
A new SurveyMonkey poll shows Trump 5 points behind Hillary, but other Republicans still to this day poll much better.

SurveyMonkey
Clinton 48
Trump 43

Kasich 50
Clinton 42

Ryan 47
Clinton 45

Romney 45
Clinton 45

Tracking poll: Anti-Trump Republicans polling best against Clinton | Washington Examiner

----------------------------------------------------------------------

She must be breathing a sigh of relief she's up against Trump. I increasingly believe that if there is no economic boom between now and 2020, ISIS still waging war and show no signs of being defeated, her approval ratings below 50% mostly throughout her presidency, like Obama's, perhaps worse - then I'm convinced if the GOP pick a REASONABLE/ELECTABLE candidate, they become favorites in 2020.

Trump can still win this election, but its evidently clear that he is the weakest of all of the GOP candidates electorally and gives Hillary the best chance of winning.
The problem is trying to get a REASONABLE/ELECTABLE candidate out of the Republican nomination process. The winner has to suck up so far to far right wing to win red state primaries, it makes it damned near impossible to veer far enough back to the political center to win in the general election. All of those guys you mentioned appear to be reasonable because they're not Donald Trump. Remember the transformation that Mitt had to make to be nominated in 2012? Moderate Mitt, the Godfather of Obamacare, had to sell himself as a "severe" conservative. To his credit, John Kasich refused to play that game in the primaries and was more true to his own beliefs. He refused to appear to be someone he wasn't to get the nomination, knowing to do so he would likely be forfeiting any chance of winning in November.

The Democrats don't have a lock on the White House, but the Republicans have to be willing to nominate someone who isn't bat s**t crazy, and who refuses to pander to voters who are bat s**t crazy.

Good luck with that with today's GOP.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,726,173 times
As far as Republican nominees go I liked Kasich more than all of the others but naturally he was the least liked. Then again, I'm no Republican so I wouldn't have voted for him anyway. He just seemed the most... Sane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections