Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,456,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Oh, I don't doubt the Khans sincerity for an instant. All I am saying is that the Clinton campaign saw them as foil to use against Trump - and I don't even mean that in a malicious context. This is a political campaign and the Clintons and their surrogates are masters at the political game.

Trump aided them by choosing to comment and elaborate on his view about the Khans and especially the alleged reason for Mrs Khan's silence.

I really think that Trump so believes that he can manipulate the media - and he does a great job at it some of the time - but given that he has no filter between what goes on in his brain and what comes out of his mouth, he just can't help himself when he is being interviewed.

I find this election fascinating and distressing because we have two individuals who are seriously flawed in different ways and each is trying to get the better of the other. It is really an indictment of the voters that we ended up with these two - and one of them is likely to be president.

Both parties used moms and parents of deceased and moms and parent agreed to be used.

Khan was bait and Trump chose to take it.

Trump could have acknowledged their pain and heroic son and moved on. Instead......

And yeah, sadly the 2 seriously flawed individuals is an indictment of the voters.

I am proud to say I did not vote for either of them in the primary.

Heck, I was the one and only in the country who early on liked Lindsey Graham even though I tend to disagree with most of his positions. He's consistently consistent, has a solid grasp of terrorism, knows how to get an agenda through Congress, knows how to move on and has a self depreciating sense of humor.

Yeah, I was his sole fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:38 PM
JRR

8,114 posts, read 5,563,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Heck, I was the one and only in the country who early on liked Lindsey Graham even though I tend to disagree with most of his positions. He's consistently consistent, has a solid grasp of terrorism, knows how to get an agenda through Congress, knows how to move on and has a self depreciating sense of humor.

Yeah, I was his sole fan.
I've always had a lot of respect for Lindsey even if I, like you, don't always agree with him on some of his positions. And I sure would feel better with him as President than I would with Trump.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:29 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,782,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Actually, I think Trump's family needs to step in .... be seems to have gone off the rails and may need mental help. He took on too much and his ego snapped.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:33 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,156,745 times
Quote:
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.
IMO

In your dreams!

You libs/anti-Trump/MSM/Dems love to turn the pin that didn't drop quite correctly because the breeze wasn't quite right for you all into pro Hillary and the woe is Trump BS time after time in this election cycle.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:43 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,224,315 times
Quote:
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.

funny, this election will be decided in 3 states: Florida, Ohio and PA and none of those states will be won by a landslide by either side because the economy and security will decide this election.

the men in Benghazi died by Hillary direct incompetence and then lies to the face of the mothers and family of the dead service men and she is still running......nobody asked her to quit because of that not even with the lying about the e-mails the FBI investigated.

if more e-mails comes out that shows Hillary armed ISIS under Secretary of State to bring down the governments of Libya and Syria should she quit?

lets put things on a scale what Hillary has done vs what Trump has said..........not even close. Not even in the same ball park.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:44 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
So clever...and at the same time, so Trump-like.
Yeah, I know... the trumpist view has infiltrated and defiled even the Wizard of Oz.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:51 AM

1,268 posts, read 792,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
funny, this election will be decided in 3 states: Florida, Ohio and PA and none of those states will be won by a landslide by either side because the economy and security will decide this election.

the men in Benghazi died by Hillary direct incompetence and then lies to the face of the mothers and family of the dead service men and she is still running......nobody asked her to quit because of that not even with the lying about the e-mails the FBI investigated.

if more e-mails comes out that shows Hillary armed ISIS under Secretary of State to bring down the governments of Libya and Syria should she quit?

lets put things on a scale what Hillary has done vs what Trump has said..........not even close. Not even in the same ball park.
Your own panel concluded that Benghazi wasn't Hillary's fault. It just never ends. Maybe if you sent Trump's Hawaii birth certificate investigators out to find the real truth, you would believe it. You just manufacture scandals at every turn. Talk about real issues and stop with the fairy tale bull.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:51 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,575,264 times
The only thing big about trump is his ego. He was brought up as a "Special Snowflake". He still thinks he is always right and has the greatest ideas. Typical of a kid who was never told NO.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:56 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,671,273 times
Quote:

Nobody is asking trump to quit.

A lot of people hope that trump quits. A lot of people see trump's actions as an attempt to throw the election. A lot of people see trump as incompetent to lead this nation. A lot of people see hillary or stein or johnson as better choices than trump. Why? Because none of them are bat-crap crazy like trump is.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:56 AM

1,268 posts, read 792,669 times
Quote:

Your own panel concluded that Benghazi wasn't Hillary's fault. It just never ends. Maybe if you sent Trump's Hawaii birth certificate investigators out to find the real truth, you would believe it. You just manufacture scandals at every turn. Talk about real issues and stop with the fairy tale bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections