Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 05:39 PM

622 posts, read 407,114 times

Advertisements

Trump lives by the polls and even I am shocked at how much things have changed in a few days.

If the polls don't recover, I can't see him wanting to be defeated badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,865,446 times
He's not going to quit, and it gets really old and annoying hearing people say this over and over.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:41 PM

622 posts, read 407,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Fat Chance. His ego and vanity wouldn't permit it.
His ego and vanity would be even less likely to handle a landslide type of loss.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,451,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Fat Chance. His ego and vanity wouldn't permit it.
That is how I see it. He wants the prize but not the job.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:43 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,316,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Trump lives by the polls and even I am shocked at how much things have changed in a few days.

If the polls don't recover, I can't see him wanting to be defeated badly.
DNC just finished up and the first polls are coming out. Everyone who follows politics knew this was coming, everyone. They will level back out within the next 2-3 weeks again.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:46 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,863,727 times
Quote:
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.
I don't think so. I'm sure Donald likes all the attention and the adoration his supporters are giving him.

A more likely scenario, in my view, is that Donald will not try that hard to win. He might attempt to get out of the debates which will hurt him. He might refuse to reveal any of his tax returns which will hurt his chances. He might intentionally say some more incredibly stupid things that will alienate more voters.

Donald Trump is the underdog in this election. Hillary's campaign is better financed, has more volunteers, is better organized, and has significant endorsements ... something Donald is lagging in. If Donald really wants to win he must put in a superhuman effort to get his campaign off the ground. Don't tell me about the crowds he gets at rallies ... that does not help one bit as far as financial donations to his campaign or at ballot box. Ron Paul also had impressive rallies ... where is he now?

Old 08-01-2016, 05:48 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,339,457 times
Quote:
... I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.
IF trump decides to drop out i think he'll give as reason that the dems rigged the election and that the GOP were against him ( .... and that if it had been a fair election he would have won by the largest margin in the history of recorded time ).

Old 08-01-2016, 05:52 PM

17,322 posts, read 9,141,101 times
So ...... a Muslim Lawyer who makes his living as a Immigration Attorney getting Muslims into the USA doesn't like Trump. His right certainly. He also worked for a big Law Firm that did business with the Clinton Foundation - he is a big Hillary Supporter .... again fine. They donate tons of Money to her - fine.

His words at the Convention:
Let me ask you: have you even read the United States constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. [he pulls it out & shakes it] In this document, look for the words 'liberty' and 'equal protection of law'.

I guess the Leftists, Media, Clinton (who vetted all speeches) ALL think that "liberty" and "equal port iection" means that the USA has no borders and no Right to say who enters the USA. That would make us the only Nation in the world with that policy. Trump says people from Countries that have a lot of Islamic Terrorists need to be vetted - those happen to be Muslim majority Nations. The FBI, Homeland Security and the National Security Advisor have all testified that we can't "vet" them properly. Trump says we need a pause to figure out a way to do this vetting instead of FLOODING our Country with un-vetted people that immediately go on Total Welfare (housing, food, education, medical, cash). The Leftists, Media & Clinton/Obama immediately become totally Hysterical. It's ridiculous.

In 2008, the Media, Leftists & Obama made the entire Presidential Election about the Governor of Alaska - at least she was on the ticket. In 2016, the Media, Leftist & Clinton want to make the entire Presidential Election about a Muslim Immigration Lawyer that nobody has ever heard of .

You have to give it to them - they have a Playbook and they stick to it.

NO - Donald Trump will not be dropping out of the Presidential Election because a Muslim Immigration Lawyer is the new Clock Boy. That's totally ridiculous.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:53 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,390,928 times
Quote:
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - ....

CBS and CNN don't have the influence you think they do.

It's a shame the 3% or so of America who still watch these broadcasters pay them any mind.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,451,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CBS and CNN don't have the influence you think they do.

It's a shame the 3% or so of America who still watch these broadcasters pay them any mind.
You need to find the poll you are comfortable with. Unskewed polls worked last time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections