Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:43 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,991,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What is sad is that Trump obviously does NOT really want to become the POTUS. This is a publicity stunt run amok. Each and everyday Donald Trump purposefully shoves his foot in his mouth. He is TRYING to drive supporters away. I refuse to believe that Donald Trump is as DUMB as he is portraying himself.
But the same cannot be said of his followers. The more egregious he gets, the more they love him. He knew what he was talking about when he said he could shoot someone and he wouldn't lose a single vote. At the time it sounded like just a lot of hype. Now, I thoroughly believe it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:45 PM

2,570 posts, read 1,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.
Trump or Hillary, it is all the same type of President. If Trump drops out, next in line is Ted Cruz.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:46 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,939,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What is sad is that Trump obviously does NOT really want to become the POTUS. This is a publicity stunt run amok. Each and everyday Donald Trump purposefully shoves his foot in his mouth. He is TRYING to drive supporters away. I refuse to believe that Donald Trump is as DUMB as he is portraying himself.

I think this is the more likely scenario. I've said it before, I think this whole campaign was another publicity stunt like in 2012, but this time it got away from him and now he can't control it.

Which is sad because it means we're going to get stuck with Clinton as a result (although that may have happened anyway if Cruz got nominated).

Old 08-01-2016, 06:48 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,775,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Yeah, right This is another controversey that no one will be talking about in a few days. Meanwhile, crooked Hillary is feeling the wrath of Assange, about now.
News items on NEWS. GOOGLE. COM

Trump Khan in past 24 hrs now up to 46,000

Clinton Wikileaks. dropped to 2,300

Why?

Wikileaks is about the past.
How Trump actual is present and future if he is elected.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:49 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,335,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Who to say Trump is not going to use this to attack him?
how? he's an immigration lawyer and this is a current legal visa option. where is the scandal?

Old 08-01-2016, 06:49 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,879,653 times
I think Trump's mental illness is difficult to hide right now. Trump's family knows what his true issues are and secretly want to sabotage his campaign because he is dangerous to all. And no, I am not kidding. I wish I were.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:50 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,669,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.
they're fake polls, the media is in full gang up mode on trump, they're trying to 'fix' the election by biased coverage.
settle down.

38,967 posts, read 27,335,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
how? he's an immigration lawyer and this is a current legal visa option. where is the scandal?
I am just saying, for somebody like Trump, he won't quit because of this. Nothing more/less

52,433 posts, read 26,381,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
That's right, they are no Gateway Pundit.

Mick
Ahh. You must be one of that 3%.

Then again, there is this. I make the mistake of responding in yet another "Trump will drop out topic". It's not like there haven't been one or two of those each month for the last year.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,003,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
He's not going to quit, and it gets really old and annoying hearing people say this over and over.
It is equally old and annoying to see people blaming Trump for the Khan silliness.

The only thing I fault Trump for is going on silly shows and talking to incredibly moronic people like George Stephanopolos. The media is NOT his friend. He should know that by now. He simply doesn't need to answer their loaded, goofy questions. If he doesn't learn that, he could lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
I think Trump's mental illness is difficult to hide right now. Trump's family knows what his true issues are and secretly want to sabotage his campaign because he is dangerous to all. And no, I am not kidding. I wish I were.
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY screams Mental (and Physical) Illness like Haggard Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections