Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 07:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,266,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
it doesn't matter because any 'press statement' would have been twisted and turned and contorted like it is now.

as far as it being 'his fault' you need to place some blame on the originator of the fracas, i get the guy was upset at trump for some reason, i'm not sure why, trump doesn't have his finger on any political laws or buttons, so why this guy was mad at trump for his son's death is a mystery, but he had to 'go there' the deepest of insults, he couldn't just give a minor insult like 'con artist' or 'bad candidate' he went into the abyss and trump commented back, and now we have this national incident.
It's not that hard to understand. Mr. Khan is not blaming Trump for his son's death. He's blaming Trump for painting the entire Muslim-American Community as terrorists and whipping up mistrust and hatred toward people who are just as much Americans as Trump is. When your son serves in the U.S. Army with honor and heroism and dies for his country, those Gold Star parents should not be attacked for anything they say. Trump lacks the empathy and brain-power to know or care about that. A set of tweets going around Facebook says it best--- Trump: "Khiza Khan has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I never read the Constitution" and someone else tweeted back: "Unintentionally the best First Amendment joke in history." Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 07:31 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,671,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
The Khan fracas is entirely Trump's fault and I really believe the Clinton campaign set him up.

They knew he is very thin skinned and was bound to respond to Mr Khan.
What they probably did not expect was that he would say anything about Khan's wife and then get major blow back from all sides.

Trump really believes he is the smartest person in the room and that is what gets him into trouble. All he needed to say was that Khan's son was a hero who served his country well and perhaps a comment about being surprised at Khan's comments about him given that Khan has never met him. Nothing more - no interview, no further elaboration. Just a press statement.

Both comments would have been appreciated - giving recognition to the dead son and questioning how someone can say that Trump knows nothing about the constitution given that Khan has never met him.

But Trump just does not know when to shut up .......
So, now we all are supposed to be watching every.single.thing.we.say about trump because we are worried about how he will react? yeah, that's gonna happen.

If they deliberately put the people on to bait trump, I congratulate them for it. If the RNC deliberately put the benghazi mom on to bait hillary, too bad it didn't work, eh?

How about perhaps the Kahns wanted to give their POV on trump? Not to be paid for it, not for their 15 minutes of fame, not to be twitter-bait for trump, but because it needed to be said? Now, there's a concept.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,829,817 times
Quote:
The Khan fracas is entirely Trump's fault and I really believe the Clinton campaign set him up.

They knew he is very thin skinned and was bound to respond to Mr Khan. What they probably did not expect was that he would say anything about Khan's wife and then get major blow back from all sides.

Trump really believes he is the smartest person in the room and that is what gets him into trouble. All he needed to say was that Khan's son was a hero who served his country well and perhaps a comment about being surprised at Khan's comments about him given that Khan has never met him. Nothing more - no interview, no further elaboration. Just a press statement.

Both comments would have been appreciated - giving recognition to the dead son and questioning how someone can say that Trump knows nothing about the constitution given that Khan has never met him.

I agree with you 100%. If Trump would have followed your advice the DEMs and their minions have absolutely nothing to criticize Trump about. Trump constantly shoots himself in the foot.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 PM

8,427 posts, read 10,847,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Premonitions?

OK.

Not a chance in hell either of them drops out. There's no reason for Hillary to do so, and Trump will simply say one or more of the following if he loses:

1. I was treated unfairly.
2. Hillary rigged the election (he's already laying the groundwork for this one).
3. I only ran to make a point and never intended to win. If I had wanted to win, I would have and it would have been YUUUGE.
4. I'm glad I didn't win. I built an amazing company, a fantastic company, everyone says this. My company needs me more than the country does.
I firmly believe Hillary's reason for dropping out is on the horizon.

Bob.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:38 PM

29,936 posts, read 18,495,435 times
Quote:
With all of the flack regarding the Khans and now two polls - CBS and CNN - showing that Trump is lagging badly, I would not be surprised if Trump decides to withdraw using an excuse such as health factors or even safety issues affecting his family.

I say this because Trump has said repeatedly that he does not like to lose and if he thinks that there is a chance of a landslide loss it would be humiliating to him and I can't see that as being palatable for him.

If whoever replaces him wins, he can say that he laid the groundwork for the victory. If he loses, he can say that if he had continued as nominee he would have won.
Liberal wet dreams

Old 08-01-2016, 07:38 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,994,767 times
Quote:

They knew he is very thin skinned and was bound to respond to Mr Khan. What they probably did not expect was that he would say anything about Khan's wife and then get major blow back from all sides.

You are expecting Trump to act like a decent human being. Over this past year he has proven that is beyond his ability.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:39 PM

8,520 posts, read 10,041,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
and, he could have a massive stroke, if he only had a brain...
So clever...and at the same time, so Trump-like.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:40 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,865,446 times
Quote:

You've hit the nail on the head here. But, Trump will suck it up and keep going on. He has no idea how to win an election. He has way too many personal issues that come out way too easily.

Trump is going to end up like Julius Caesar, it's not his enemies that will defeat him, it's his "friends." His "friends" are sharpening their metaphorical knives waiting for Trump to screw up big, and then they can take him out and replace him. But, that's not going to happen, Trump won't quit. The GOP voters screwed up big time.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:41 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,004,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is the thing, his ego is too damn big for him to just shut up.
Yes. And Hillary's ego is too damned big for her to stop lying.

I'll take arrogance over lies, any old day! At least Trump loves America. Hillary wants to sell us out.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:46 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,339,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump: "Khiza Khan has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I never read the Constitution"
oh sweet irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections