Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 07:23 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,105,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I think you guys 1. Overestimate the effect scandals really have and 2. Forget that if all the GOP does is pound on this until November it's going to blow back in your faces. Most people are tired of hearing about the email scandals. They know what the Clintons are and long ago came to terms with it. Virtually no one was sitting around simply waiting for the announcement to determine if they would or would not vote for her. Like all elections this will be built on the issues and not whether Hillary Clinton forget to use a frigging VPN tunnel between the State Department and her server. It's not enough for DJ Trump to tell people why they should not vote for Hillary Clinton. He needs to tell people why people should vote for him. So far he is not doing that at all. And any chance he has to make gains with her he keeps blowing with his dumb comments.
Before the Bill Clinton Impeachment mess, I used to vote for Republicans. I actually used to vote for the person I thought was best and I often voted for incumbents when I wasn't sure (so taxpayers would be on the hook for fewer pensions) even if that person was Republican.

All that changed with the Impeachment. Now, I pretty much only vote for Democrats. A republican would have to walk on water before I would vote for them. Why? Because the Republicans do nothing but hold witch hunts. Over and over again, that's all they do. I hope Trump makes the whole party fall apart because it's rotten at its core.

Last edited by UB50; 07-07-2016 at 07:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Hearing Chairman Jason Chavettz is well-known for accidentally blowing the CIA Benghazi cover in his misguided zeal to try to supress it.
Without that objection, hearing viewers would never have known the locale on the photo was classified.
I think they should investigate that Benghazi committee. Was it really a partisan witch hunt that cost a lot of money? Let's ask for all of their work under the FOIA. Let's see if anyone is using a non.gov e-mail address.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,368,376 times
Would not be any WITCH HUNTS, if the Democrats would not pull the crap they do. If you have to ask, you live on another planet.

The lies and dishonesty, happen so frequently, that most just accept it.

Hillary only cares about Hillary, and is a dummy at that. The worse Secretary of State par none. And a very bad liar!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Would not be any WITCH HUNTS, if the Democrats would not pull the crap they do. If you have to ask, you live on another planet.

The lies and dishonesty, happen so frequently, that most just accept it.

Hillary only cares about Hillary, and is a dummy at that. The worse Secretary of State par none. And a very bad liar!
I'm not the only one who feels like I do.

I also happen to live in California. Have you noticed how the Democrat party has grown while the Republican party is shrinking? Perhaps you should tell your fellow Republicans that what they are doing isn't working and they should stop with the witch hunts. Maybe some of us would go back to voting for the occasional Republican.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,368,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm not the only one who feels like I do.

I also happen to live in California. Have you noticed how the Democrat party has grown while the Republican party is shrinking? Perhaps you should tell your fellow Republicans that what they are doing isn't working and they should stop with the witch hunts. Maybe some of us would go back to voting for the occasional Republican.

Would not be any witch hunts, if the Democrats were on the up and up. And they are not. Glad you live in California, the State that most people I know are now leaving.

Sorry to disagree but I see the Party increasing, because most people are sick and tired of the same old crap time and time and time again, from the establishment from both party's. People are sick of the double standards any normal person would be don't ya think.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:20 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,215,404 times
Quote:
Before the Bill Clinton Impeachment mess, I used to vote for Republicans. I actually used to vote for the person I thought was best and I often voted for incumbents when I wasn't sure (so taxpayers would be on the hook for fewer pensions) even if that person was Republican.

All that changed with the Impeachment. Now, I pretty much only vote for Democrats. A republican would have to walk on water before I would vote for them. Why? Because the Republicans do nothing but hold witch hunts. Over and over again, that's all they do. I hope Trump makes the whole party fall apart because it's rotten at its core.
Your tale is EXACTLY the same as mine. I voted for Reagan TWICE, but after the GOP witch hunt against Bill Clinton I decided I wouldn't vote Republican ever again. By and large I've stuck to that. The only exception I've ever made to that is a GOP prosecutor up in Seattle a number of years back who had - by his actions - proven that he was fair and apolitical.

I'm not a Democrat but I vote across the board Democratic - and this latest witch hunt is a great reminder WHY. It's clear the GOP has not changed in the slightest - except perhaps to get even worse. Hopefully this time around Trump will tear the party apart and new a different party will arise in it's ashes.

Ken

Old 07-07-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I think they should investigate that Benghazi committee. Was it really a partisan witch hunt that cost a lot of money? Let's ask for all of their work under the FOIA. Let's see if anyone is using a non.gov e-mail address.
It's pretty common for folks in Congress to use private e-mail but they've made themselves immune to prosecution. They're a bunch of two-faced baboons.

Ken

Old 07-07-2016, 08:23 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,634,246 times
Quote:

So your okay with a sitting U.S. President cheating on his wife and using the Oval Office to play hide the cigar with his mistress, and then lying to Congress about it?

This is why many believe the Democrat party to be morally bankrupt.

Clinton deserved the impeachment for perjuring himself and his wife has now purjured herself as well. A marriage made in hell. What a class(less) act.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
So your okay with a sitting U.S. President cheating on his wife and using the Oval Office to play hide the cigar with his mistress, and then lying to Congress about it?

This is why many believe the Democrat party to be morally bankrupt.

Clinton deserved the impeachment for perjuring himself and his wife has now purjured herself as well. A marriage made in hell. What a class(less) act.
Congress had NO business ASKING ABOUT IT.
That was between HIM and HIS WIFE.

I don't pay taxes so that crooked politicians - who pretty much ALL have had affairs - can spend the money political witch hunts.
Heck, at the time the Whitewater investigations were going on - Newt Gingrich (who was House Speaker) was having an affair while his wife was in the hospital battling cancer. Talk about pot calling the kettle black!

There's an old joke - "If all the Congressmen and Senators were laid end to end... it wouldn't surprise ANYONE." Pretty much all politicians have affairs.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 07-07-2016 at 08:37 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 08:36 PM

26,781 posts, read 15,026,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
My guess is that she will say she was unaware of the 3 emails or whatever there was out of 30,000+ emails that the FBI found at the time she testify and didn't intentionally lie.

She was fully aware of ALL of the Emails she sent & received that were classified marked or not that should not have been handled the way that they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections