Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:40 PM

26,781 posts, read 15,026,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Boy you GOP guys are in trouble. you milked this tiny issue so long and now the American public tuned it out 4 months before elections.

Meanwhile Trump does nothing but continue to make new lies you chose to ignore.

How about that drought that ever happened in California?

How can you ever figure this is a "tiny issue"?

You sound like Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 08:49 PM

13,290 posts, read 9,808,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Comey clearly said Hilliary is stupid/dumb as she as the head of the department doesn't know what (C) stands for.

So next time when I get pulled over I can claim to be stupid and not knowing the rules or law can't get me in trouble as I can claim the Hilliary defense/law.

Hope Congress and Senate will pass the Hilliary stupid act/law.
Oh for fs.

It turns out that the reason she didn't notice the c's was because the material was NOT CLASSIFIED and should never have been marked as such.

Comey was unaware that the classification for those documents had been very recently pulled because it had been discovered the markings were made in error.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's pretty common for folks in Congress to use private e-mail but they've made themselves immune to prosecution. They're a bunch of two-faced baboons.

Ken
Ain't that the damn truth.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I've got a better idea....how about congress and the president will only be made up of various dog breeds? The end result will be the same, nothing fixed in the nation/people not served, but it will make for a much more pleasant environment with at least friendly/happy animals who are much more pleasant to observe and interact with and above all else, are loyal, can't be bought off, and don't lie.

Translation.....yes, the public/herd is asleep, as those in power want you to be, don't want you to see the 2 tier justice system we have, one for you, and one for them.

But please, continue the team R vs D game....they love when you get wrapped up in that stuff! Just focus on the "win"!

And the sheep have more important things to be concerned about.

Now when is dancing with the stars on again? How are the kardashians doing?

It's just not a major factor in why people vote. The Economy, Personal Security/War, Immigration are all top issues. Political graft, corruption, and government mess ups are just not all that important to people.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:13 PM

Here are the small c emails in question.

Quote:
New York Times, July 5: One email, dated Aug. 2, 2012, noted that Kofi Annan, the former secretary general of the United Nations, was stepping down as special envoy trying to mediate the war in Syria. A second one, sent in April 2012, discussed Mrs. Clinton’s call to the newly inaugurated president of Malawi.

Each was marked with a small notation, “(C),” indicating it contained information classified as “confidential.”

Other paragraphs in the note about Mr. Annan’s resignation were marked “(SBU),” for “sensitive but unclassified.” That designation appears in more than 1,000 of the 30,000 work-related emails that Mrs. Clinton turned over to the State Department, including some later “upgraded” to higher levels of classification. The official said that the notations were part of “a standard process” when preparing a phone call, which would be “confidential” until it occurred and then considered unclassified.
From factcheck.org

Revisiting Clinton and Classified Information

Old 07-07-2016, 09:14 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,515,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh for fs.

It turns out that the reason she didn't notice the c's was because the material was NOT CLASSIFIED and should never have been marked as such.

Comey was unaware that the classification for those documents had been very recently pulled because it had been discovered the markings were made in error.
So you seem to be saying Comey as an investigator is incompetent. He doesn't understand what he is investigating. He doesn't know what he is looking at or the relevance of it.

No one should be worried about that, especially him, because there is no intent to be incompetent. So no accountability.

WOW, these government jobs are the place to be. Why don't they just mail them their paycheck to their house. If anyone ask why they don't show up for work. All they have to say is "I intended to go to work" or "it wasn't my intention to not show up the last five years."

Old 07-07-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So you seem to be saying Comey as an investigator is incompetent. He doesn't understand what he is investigating. He doesn't know what he is looking at or the relevance of it.

No one should be worried about that, especially him, because there is no intent to be incompetent. So no accountability.

WOW, these government jobs are the place to be. Why don't they just mail them their paycheck to their house. If anyone ask why they don't show up for work. All they have to say is "I intended to go to work" or "it wasn't my intention to not show up the last five years."
No, I'm not saying that.

They did have the classified markings, until yesterday, when it was ascertained that they had been marked in error.

He also said that it was reasonable to assume Hillary could easily have missed the notations. Which was not unreasonable for a very busy person.

I think they did a good and thorough job.

I also think the whole classification thing could use a bit of streamlining.

I think too, that given using personal email is common for everyone in government, Hilary was singled out for purely political reasons and this whole thing is a circus.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,416,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
It's just not a major factor in why people vote. The Economy, Personal Security/War, Immigration are all top issues. Political graft, corruption, and government mess ups are just not all that important to people.
Right, corruption/gov mess ups aren't priorities of many in the clueless herd, that's for sure. Mess up the country/mismanage it, who cares! Act in a corrupt/lying manner.....eh....me, my wife, family, and kids act the same way and I don't care that they do that either so I accept it/enable the same type of politicians say many in the herd. Not important.

So like votes like. GIGO. Garbage in, garbage. Selfish ignorant voters elect selfish ignorant politicians. No surprises there. Those in office are just a reflection of the electorate and you just admitted that in a most non-eventful way. And you obviously don't care.

And it's most obvious many of the last few pages of posts reflects that sad fact..."eh, they all do it.....so let's just enable the whole corrupt bunch of them". "I'm a team voter and I love my side of the corrupt bandwagon dah dah dah."

And the best part? The polls will show these same herd robots who say they are so sick of the corruption, do nothing/screw up politicians of both sides of coin over and over again yet still many in the herd wonder how it got that way. As if these politicians magically come into office without the voters help. The public is low on mirrors apparently.

Too much chlorine in the gene pool, and a bunch of them sadly vote/reside here on the forums, example #94,281.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-07-2016 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 09:53 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,208,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Right, corruption/gov mess ups aren't priorities of many in the clueless herd, that's for sure. Mess up the country/mismanage it, who cares! Act in a corrupt/lying manner.....eh....me, my wife, family, and kids act the same way and I don't care that they do that either so I accept it/enable the same type of politicians say many in the herd. Not important.

So like votes like. GIGO. Garbage in, garbage. Selfish ignorant voters elect selfish ignorant politicians. No surprises there. Those in office are just a reflection of the electorate and you just admitted that in a most non-eventful way. And you obviously don't care.

And it's most obvious many of the last few pages of posts reflects that sad fact..."eh, they all do it.....so let's just enable the whole corrupt bunch of them". "I'm a team voter and I love my side of the corrupt bandwagon dah dah dah."

And the best part? The polls will show these same herd robots who say they are so sick of the corruption, do nothing/screw up politicians of both sides of coin over and over again yet still many in the herd wonder how it got that way. As if these politicians magically come into office without the voters help. The public is low on mirrors apparently.

Too much chlorine in the gene pool, and a bunch of them sadly vote/reside here on the forums, example #94,281.
Never said I disagreed with you. However, the GOP obsession that people do care tends to blow up in their face election after election.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:56 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,851,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
When Dems are in trouble they pull GW out of retirement. Fact is she and her team broke very rule and has video proof Clinton's story change and changed again.

Clintons and the DNC has lost credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections