Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 06:19 PM

25,578 posts, read 21,753,969 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess when one door closes, another one does open!

State Department reopens Clinton emails probe | Fox News

Hopefully, they will nix her security clearance with this one.

Adding another source: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...probe-40420129

Does appear to be drawing attention: http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-w...-emails-probe/

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 07-07-2016 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 06:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,416,881 times
I'm guessing just another fox guarding the hen house "investigation".

Wouldn't this be great though?

Quote:
But Kirby said this week former officials can still face "administrative sanctions." The most serious is loss of security clearances, which could complicate Clinton's naming of a national security team if she becomes president.
I think it's the least they should do given how "extremely careless" she was with classified info/storing this against the rules on her own server. But I'm not holding my breathe.

But the hil bots would still yawn if any sanctions were made against her....."eh, so she can't see secure info/assemble a team....she's the queen and we still love her".

And so and so practiced bad behavior so our queen is entitled to do the same. You know to be ready for that one AnywhereElse.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:30 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,815,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

But the hil bots would still yawn if any sanctions were made against her....."eh, so she can't see secure info/assemble a team....she's the queen and we still love her".
After the disasterous efforts by Comey today to justify his recommendations regarding prosecuting Clinton and his admission that she lied repeated to the FBI, there is no way that further investigation can't be undertaken...even for the sake of optics.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:33 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,416,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
After the disasterous efforts by Comey today to justify his recommendations regarding prosecuting Clinton and his admission that she lied repeated to the FBI, there is no way that further investigation can't be undertaken...even for the sake of optics.
I agree.....lots of people beyond the team hil faithful see the 2 tier justice system in this nation.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:33 PM

25,578 posts, read 21,753,969 times
Queen? Remember what they did with "queens" that got out of hand? Beheading took care of business like no investigation ever could!

Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,209,576 times
It's just a continuation of what they were doing before the FBI got involved is all.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yes there is because the GOP risks blowback by continuing to focus on it.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Adding another source: APNewsBreak: State Department Reopens Clinton Emails Probe - ABC News

Does appear to be drawing attention: APNewsBreak: State Department reopens Clinton emails probe | The Seattle Times
They don't have any say over it. Thats the purview of the NSA director I believe. He isn't going to nix the clearance of someone that might sit in the Oval Office since when he sits in it he will have to give her that information anyway. Sort of makes it a pointless gesture.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:49 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,215,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Adding another source: APNewsBreak: State Department Reopens Clinton Emails Probe - ABC News

Does appear to be drawing attention: APNewsBreak: State Department reopens Clinton emails probe | The Seattle Times
Well, the original investigation was suspended so as not to interfere with the FBI investigation.Now that the FBI investigation is over, it's just restarting (as it should). Chances are it will probably come to the same findings. Do you have some specific reason to believe otherwise - or are you just hoping?

Ken

Old 07-07-2016, 07:01 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,497,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post

I think it's the least they should do given how "extremely careless" she was with classified info/storing this against the rules on her own server. But I'm not holding my breathe.

And so and so practiced bad behavior so our queen is entitled to do the same. You know to be ready for that one AnywhereElse.
Administrative actions would only apply to her time at the State Department, including withdrawing her clearance. I used to investigate these cases, the typical action was retraining on the handling of classified information. Administrative sanctions were taken only if we could prove deception, which could then open a criminal inquiry. Considering the FBI has already performed their investigation, this is at best a cleanup that will mirror the FBI's findings.

By U.S law, the POTUS has ultimate authority over the classified information program. An administrative investigation by an agency will not supersede that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections