Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 06:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times

Advertisements

Hillary reportedly down to 5 Veep Candodates:

1. Sen. Tim Kaine (VA)
2. Sen Elizabeth Warren (MA)
3. Sen Sherrod Brown (OH)
4. Former Gov. Tom Vilsack (Iowa)
5. Secretary of Labor Tom Perez

Hillary Clinton narrowing VP choice - CNNPolitics.com

Meanwhile:

Quote:
TRENTON — It is highly unlikely that Gov. Chris Christie will be Donald Trump's running mate, according to two sources who are advising the Trump campaign and who requested to remain anonymous.

Instead, the sources said that former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich is "the likely pick" to be the tycoon's choice for vice president.

The sources, who have been privy to some of the selection process, have insisted on anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for the campaign.

"The people who've been pushing the Christie narrative are Christie people," said one of the sources, who has heard Gingrich is the likely pick. However, "it's Trump — I doubt anyone really fully knows what he's going to do."
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...rt_river_index
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
I'm still on Team Kaine!

Old 07-07-2016, 06:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
I don't believe crooked Hillary is all that concerned with picking someone who is corruptible enough to serve in her criminal organization. There was a lot of activity with people coming and going at her residence today that suggest she has larger concerns.
One would be the new FBI investigation for lying under oath to congress and how she will overcome that. She could be more involved in crafting a speech to announce she is dropping out of the running for the presidency for the good of the nation.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:44 AM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Hillary reportedly down to 5 Veep Candodates:

1. Sen. Tim Kaine (VA)
2. Sen Elizabeth Warren (MA)
3. Sen Sherrod Brown (OH)
4. Former Gov. Tom Vilsack (Iowa)
5. Secretary of Labor Tom Perez

Hillary Clinton narrowing VP choice - CNNPolitics.com

Meanwhile:

Trump 'unlikely' to pick Christie, according to sources | NJ.com
Kaine would be a good choice for Hillary. He's a pretty inoffensive guy and can certainly help bring purple Virginia to her.

Sheesh, if Trump picks Gingrich will they be the oldest combined ticket in history? That pairing might result in Paul Ryan ending up as our president in a year or two. Christie may be one of the few GOP "establishment" politicans less popular with the GOP than Trump, so not only he would bring nothing to the table, he may actually cost votes. Therefore, Trump would be a fool to choose him for VP, although that doesn't really seem to stop Trump in most matters.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:35 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
christie would be a disaster for trump, if he picks him, he gets beat, i don't think trump realizes that NOBODY actually likes Christie and CC is the same "blustery" loud mouth as Trump....maybe he has some info that two blustery candidates can force their way into the white house, i wouldnt be too happy w Christie as vp, hopefully not.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:10 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I always thought of Christie would become Attorney General: Donald Trump: Chris Christie 'Would Make a Great Attorney General' - Breitbart

I'm not sure about Gingrich as I haven't looked at him at this point.

I trust my candidate, Trump, to make the best choice. I think he has been talking to a lot of people putting together a rough draft of what his cabinet WILL look like.

It will be much easier for Trump to choose than it will be for Hillary. Hillary needs someone who doesn't have a conscience and that would lie to protect her or who at least could be threatened into doing what NEEDED to be done. It appears Warren doesn't have a conscience...........

Old 07-08-2016, 06:23 AM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Kaine would be a good choice for Hillary. He's a pretty inoffensive guy and can certainly help bring purple Virginia to her.
Playing it safe with Kaine is probably her best choice. I mean, she's running against Donald Trump, not someone who could actually beat her like a Rubio or Kasich.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:12 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
I wouldn't be that upset if Trump picked Christie. At least then he couldn't pick him for Attorney General. He can't do that much damage as VP.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:57 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Dopey Donald is even sillier than I thought if he thinks Newt brings much to the ticket esp. if Trump's VP is going to be president by default when Donnie steps down or tries to delegate all the actual work. No one wanted Newt to be president when he was running himself, why should he get in through the back door?

As for Hillary, I really hope it's not Kaine. Yeah, he's inoffensive (although some dislike him a lot) and qualified but he's dull, dull, dull. Elizabeth Warren is just a year or so younger than Hillary so doesn't do much to build the bench for the future, but would bring a whole lot of excitement. Love Sherrod but don't want to lose that Senate seat. Vilsack, also old and dull. Perez - I'm liking him more as I get to know him more, but not convinced yet.

I still like the idea of Castro or Booker - both of them offer (relative) youth and a charisma booster.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:58 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Yet another one of the lists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections