Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you most like?
Donald Trump 26 35.14%
Gary Johnson 16 21.62%
Hillary Clinton 13 17.57%
Bernie Sanders 17 22.97%
Jill Stein 2 2.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 03:57 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,344,331 times

Advertisements

So does it mean that many of you here will be voting for Mr. Gary Johnson?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 04:02 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,729,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So does it mean that many of you here will be voting for Mr. Gary Johnson?
No they will be dumb and vote Trump. I'd rather have Johnson over Trump any day of the week.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:53 PM

549 posts, read 290,042 times
haha -- no surprise here:

Old 07-08-2016, 04:58 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,865,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Did anyone see the support map? Shows where you will find "like-minded" voters in congressional districts. I posted mine on the second page. I should dodge the South as a whole, and live in New England or the North Coast of California all the way down to the Bay, and a few select congressional districts in the large cities.
I did actually, and the parts of the country that I'm closest to scared me a little bit. They are not places with good government or places I would desire to live. Maybe I need to rethink my political beliefs.

Old 07-08-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I did actually, and the parts of the country that I'm closest to scared me a little bit. They are not places with good government or places I would desire to live. Maybe I need to rethink my political beliefs.
Haha where were yours?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:16 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,530,157 times

I'm actually surprised I scored so low with Trump. Then again, they only present a specific set of issues. There are other issues not in the survey that I feel strongly about. I would also never vote for Hillary so Gary Johnson would move up a notch. And Sanders will lose a lot of my respect if he endorses Clinton.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:22 PM

347 posts, read 464,894 times
This quiz is absolutely meaningless with regards to Trump. He changes his position on everything under the sun DAILY!

Everyone else is far to the left on most issues!

Old 07-08-2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
This quiz is absolutely meaningless with regards to Trump. He changes his position on everything under the sun DAILY!

Everyone else is far to the left on most issues!
Not Johnson, IMO. Very much a right-wing ideology, with at least the understanding the government has no place controlling people's lives, so long as it hurts nobody else.

The constitution party, very right-wing is on there for party-only, no candidate though.

To be fair though Clinton also flip flops. They both do and it's bad.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

I'm actually surprised I scored so low with Trump. Then again, they only present a specific set of issues. There are other issues not in the survey that I feel strongly about. I would also never vote for Hillary so Gary Johnson would move up a notch. And Sanders will lose a lot of my respect if he endorses Clinton.
He will have to endorse Clinton if he wants to keep his Superdelegate status if he's not the nominee himself.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:45 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,896,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
I find this website to be pretty accurate.
Is it?

I ran it 3 times with minimal changes each time and got somewhat different results.

Although it did list Centrist for all three.

1st time I didn't bother with the importance factor, but answered all the questions.

Results:

Sanders 81%
Jill Stein 80%
Hillary Clinton 76%
Gary Johnson 73%
Donald Trump 64%

2nd time I adjusted for importance and answered all the questions.

Results:

Gary Johnson 76%
Bernie Sanders 75%
Hillary Clinton 73%
Jill Stein 73%
Donald Trump 68%

3rd time I just answered my most important questions and marked them as such.

Results:

Gary Johnson 79%
Bernie Sanders 77%
Jill Stein 73%
Hillary Clinton 66%
Donald Trump 60%

Then when I scrolled down to "the support for my political beliefs" map the only consistent results were Colorado Springs & Wyoming staying red (stronger support) throughout.

The first two times Idaho was completely red, but on the 3rd was part yellow (somewhat strong) & part green (average).

Columbus went from red in the 1st two results to light blue (somewhat weaker) by the 3rd. I looked up a few other places I've called home and they were all over the map.

Also the map had the widest range of locations of support on the 3rd attempt over the other two.

Conclusions...who knows?

Edit: Repeated 2nd attempt (answering all question & marking level of importance) with the results:

Gary Johnson 86%
Bernie Sanders 76%
Jill Stein 74%
Hillary Clinton 73%
Donald Trump 58%

This time it said moderately Libertarian not Centrist.

Southern Idaho went back to red with the rest being green. Colorado went to green. Wyoming stayed red. Several dark blue (weakest support) lightened and the yellow disappeared from the map altogether.

Last edited by Port Pitt Ash; 07-09-2016 at 12:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections