U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 09:31 PM

9,869 posts, read 6,539,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post

Reaching out to the minorities via Newt Gingrich while Trump safely holds onto his core voters could very well be the recipe Trump is concocting for victory in November

This indeed could be the formula for success in the Nov election.
Using Gingrich to reach out to minorities? What has Trump been smoking?

Oh, I forgot, Donald is a teetotaler; he doesn't need any opiates - he's naturally unhinged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 10:09 PM
JRR

3,668 posts, read 2,194,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have said for a long time that we need to use troops to protect our own streets and make them safe rather than go into foreign lands while are people are forgotten.

Seriously? Soldiers in the streets like some of the third world countries? Somehow I think that the "Less Government in Our Lives" people would be a bit upset about this. I can only imagine the uproar if our current President did that.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:46 PM

9,715 posts, read 13,272,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
that's 1 side of the story......the other side of the coin is that in high crime rate communities the police are going to be more active and more on the defensive for their lives and in the black community is culturally acceptable to challenge the police and not respect their authority. Its a badge of honor to not respect the police and protect criminals in the community.

So it makes it hard for police to do their jobs.

This doesn't explain why blacks, even famous blacks, are frequently detained or harassed for stupid things, things that no cop would ever detain or harass a white person for. There is a racial component to this and it's time that whites realize that.

Read this one:
Beverly Hills Police Regret Arresting A Well-Connected Black Man With Good Social Media Skills: LAist

I found another link to this story: https://cognitiverelevance.com/2015/12/01/a-bad-dream/
https://cognitiverelevance.com/2015/...uffs-to-m-a-d/
https://cognitiverelevance.com/2015/12/08/autoerase/
Read all three parts. In part two, he found out that the police had told him he was merely "detained" but it was a felony on his record!

Last edited by UB50; 07-08-2016 at 11:07 PM..

Old 07-09-2016, 08:22 AM

7,187 posts, read 2,726,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Seriously? Soldiers in the streets like some of the third world countries? Somehow I think that the "Less Government in Our Lives" people would be a bit upset about this. I can only imagine the uproar if our current President did that.
Yep, it also smacks of the conditions in Germany during the roundups of the Jews, intellectuals, catholics, etc. There is something inherently un-American about someone seriously suggesting that people in this country be managed by the military. Clearly, not someone who supports the basic tenets that this country was founded upon.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:34 AM

29,492 posts, read 16,371,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Newt Gingrich kind of sounds like he agrees with Black Lives Matter

I'm pretty sure that's not the Trump party line. Will they let Newt be Newt or will he be forced to walk it back?
I have to say I was surprised to hear Newt say that. And encouraged. I hope he was being truthful; if we all had open minds maybe we could actually figure out how to solve some of our society's problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Newts are in the Chameleon family.
LOL. Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Newt would take VP but he would rather do something else.

For some reason, he doesn't find the prospect of meeting
with Congressmen and Senators all the time very enticing.

I think Trump should pick Ben Carson.
The writing is on the wall.
Isn't that like the blind leading the blind? The whole point of Trump picking Newt is that he would have someone that knows what they are doing by his side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
This is funny. It is all leaders, not just black leaders, who as a country we need voicing just what Gingrich said. Additionally, the words need to come from across the political spectrum. That is inclusive and that is the leadership this country needs. Yet, all most can do is focus on furthering political caricatures, throwing in a dose of ad hominem talking points, for good measure.

Frankly, not a very mature or open minded view and response.

You want to stay where we are? Stay in your political caves.
You and I don't agree on a lot but I definitely agree with this. Yes, we need to be open and honest about all sides of this issue and NOT just retreat into our ideological corners.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:17 AM

21,603 posts, read 11,032,632 times
The drug gangs are killing each other .. we need the wall to keep out the drugs..it is consuming blacks , whites and all races. They kill one another over territory.. this is sad.. it shouldn't be.

Blacks used to have jobs, and owned businesses and were good families where the father was in the home.. the government ruined America with high taxes on small businesses, welfare killing the family structure.

Blacks are growing up without a father. This shouldn't be.. the children deserve a mom and dad.. they are the gift to us , precious and innocent born into a sick world..

This never was before welfare. It is a curse.

Black women struggling to raise their children alone.. so hard and they should have a much better life!

Abortion is rampant because the fathers walk off and leave women to fend for themselves.. this shouldn't be, for black women today. They are angry. They are hurt.. Many have to look constantly for inner strength to get through life .

The black man are angry because they are losing their self respect because they can't find a job and feel worthless. Black people are no different than white people.. no different.

This system of things is against blacks.. It has to stop!!!

Now we have the government elitists building cheap housing and putting blacks into the projects away from their elitist neighborhoods. It is sickening.

Blacks used to have good jobs but of course we have Nafta stealing jobs from blacks, whites and other races.

Detroit is a good example.The motor city.. now they deal drugs and take drugs because their existence is just existing, no hope, the automobile factories are no longer there.

We are headed for more Detroits with the passing of Trans Pacific Partnership by the government.. It is globalism and blacks can't see what is happening. It is so clear.. they are getting left behind by the elitist who give them lip service while their real mission is to pander to the rich and wealthy around the world.

The rich get richer the blacks get a small welfare check to barely exist in this life. They are forgotten and the government killed their chances to rise above poverty. The government creates government jobs.. they are killing small business, industry, and black peoples hope of getting out of the ghettos..

Some have risen above it. but many , too many are left wondering what is life for them.

I feel cheated as a white person. Why?. I hate the division of races. I feel cheated that there has to be this history of slavery which never should have been. I can't undo what has happened before my time here on earth. I see all people as equal and always did. Why should skin color matter? I don't know.. I do know there is a sickness in many people that they have to join an elitist club or be a member of this or that to feel above others.. I don't get that. Elitists have this sickness when they treat others less and don't consider that all people are equal.

I treat the poor as if they were a king or queen because I know they are . I have been poor and I have had people treat me with much respect and then there are those who think I am beneath them. Thankfully I know the difference and gravitate to those who are humble.. and the rich can be humble and loving. And the poor can be boastful and hateful. As MLK said , we are to measure the character of each . And I also believe we have to walk a mile in their shoes to realize how they got to be what they are in this life. I ask..God... Bless America.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:38 AM

10,638 posts, read 6,015,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have said for a long time that we need to use troops to protect our own streets and make them safe rather than go into foreign lands while are people are forgotten.

Trump will do great on this. Trump lives in the real world, one your candidate knows nothing about.
This is how Trump and his cult envision life in America should be. Armed U.S. troops patrolling our streets to "keep us in line" while the Führer, Herr Trump, rules from on high. And this is coming from the "party of small government."

Your vision of America is the antithesis of everything this country stands for.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:51 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,355,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is how Trump and his cult envision life in America should be. Armed U.S. troops patrolling our streets to "keep us in line" while the Führer, Herr Trump, rules from on high. And this is coming from the "party of small government."

Your vision of America is the antithesis of everything this country stands for.
To be fare I doubt every Trump supporter thinks like that. He attracts a lot of radical people but I don't think the 36%-40% who are voting for him think like that.

Some(some not most) of the Trump supporters who frequently post in the Elections forum have been posting this kind of crazy stuff even before Trump was in the picture. I recognize their names because they post frequently in the Illegal Immigration Forum and they post some of the most ludicrous stuff like call illegal aliens "cockroaches"

One disturbing individual even goes to Home Depot, pretends he is hiring help, picks up a few day laborers and the drives to the other side of the border and drops them there. He just assumes they are all illegals and takes them to Mexico. No one in that forum ever found his behavior disturbing, the even congratulated him. I reported those post repeatedly but they were never removed. For me that's not only crazy behavior that's kidnapping.

There are so crazy unstable people out there.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:14 AM

71,547 posts, read 83,047,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Im thinking he is more favourable to being some sort of "Appointee" in Trump's Cabinet. He knows he has a ton of baggage which could get pointed out for months IF he was on the ticket with Trump.

Newt's value is in dealing with day to day interactions with Congress..but at his age..doesn't want to be exposed to daily negativity he would no doubt have running on the ticket. Let the fiery NJ Governor Chris Christie deal with it..LOL

At this point..who knows who would be willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with Trump?? Your guess is as good as mine
I think the number 1 question right how is "who is willing?" You are right. Many of those who were being mentioned are claiming they are not interested. I believe them.

As for Newt, I do think he is a bright and very sincere person. But I don't think his statement is going to help him. Of course I have never expected him to be named as the running mate.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:24 AM

71,547 posts, read 83,047,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The drug gangs are killing each other .. we need the wall to keep out the drugs..it is consuming blacks , whites and all races. They kill one another over territory.. this is sad.. it shouldn't be.

Blacks used to have jobs, and owned businesses and were good families where the father was in the home.. the government ruined America with high taxes on small businesses, welfare killing the family structure.

Blacks are growing up without a father. This shouldn't be.. the children deserve a mom and dad.. they are the gift to us , precious and innocent born into a sick world..

This never was before welfare. It is a curse.

Black women struggling to raise their children alone.. so hard and they should have a much better life!

Abortion is rampant because the fathers walk off and leave women to fend for themselves.. this shouldn't be, for black women today. They are angry. They are hurt.. Many have to look constantly for inner strength to get through life .

The black man are angry because they are losing their self respect because they can't find a job and feel worthless. Black people are no different than white people.. no different.

This system of things is against blacks.. It has to stop!!!

Now we have the government elitists building cheap housing and putting blacks into the projects away from their elitist neighborhoods. It is sickening.

Blacks used to have good jobs but of course we have Nafta stealing jobs from blacks, whites and other races.

Detroit is a good example.The motor city.. now they deal drugs and take drugs because their existence is just existing, no hope, the automobile factories are no longer there.

We are headed for more Detroits with the passing of Trans Pacific Partnership by the government.. It is globalism and blacks can't see what is happening. It is so clear.. they are getting left behind by the elitist who give them lip service while their real mission is to pander to the rich and wealthy around the world.

The rich get richer the blacks get a small welfare check to barely exist in this life. They are forgotten and the government killed their chances to rise above poverty. The government creates government jobs.. they are killing small business, industry, and black peoples hope of getting out of the ghettos..

Some have risen above it. but many , too many are left wondering what is life for them.

I feel cheated as a white person. Why?. I hate the division of races. I feel cheated that there has to be this history of slavery which never should have been. I can't undo what has happened before my time here on earth. I see all people as equal and always did. Why should skin color matter? I don't know.. I do know there is a sickness in many people that they have to join an elitist club or be a member of this or that to feel above others.. I don't get that. Elitists have this sickness when they treat others less and don't consider that all people are equal.

I treat the poor as if they were a king or queen because I know they are . I have been poor and I have had people treat me with much respect and then there are those who think I am beneath them. Thankfully I know the difference and gravitate to those who are humble.. and the rich can be humble and loving. And the poor can be boastful and hateful. As MLK said , we are to measure the character of each . And I also believe we have to walk a mile in their shoes to realize how they got to be what they are in this life. I ask..God... Bless America.
I have to wonder how old you are? Do you remember the Watts riots?
they were primarily in all black neighborhoods and yes, there were projects then. I was raised in Los Angeles, there have always been project housing for the poor with a huge number of the poor being black. This isn't anything new. The difference, believe it or not, there were many families then, with no daddy's living in the home. There were also black families starting to work hard to get out of the projects.

Many of today's problems are not just caused by some whites not understanding what it is like to be black, but the total breakdown of the family and the loss of morals facing both black and white youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or