Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 02:15 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"It is more dangerous to be black on America. It's both more dangerous because of the crime, which is the Chicago story," Gingrich said Friday in a Facebook Live event with CNN analyst Van Jones. "But it is more dangerous in that [you are] substantially more likely to be in a situation where police don't respect you and where you could easily get killed. And I think sometimes, for whites, it's difficult to appreciate how real that is. It's an everyday danger."

Gingrich added, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years to get a sense of this. If you are a normal white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America, and you instinctively under-estimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk.”
Newt Gingrich kind of sounds like he agrees with Black Lives Matter

I'm pretty sure that's not the Trump party line. Will they let Newt be Newt or will he be forced to walk it back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 02:18 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Newts are in the Chameleon family.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:26 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
that's 1 side of the story......the other side of the coin is that in high crime rate communities the police are going to be more active and more on the defensive for their lives and in the black community is culturally acceptable to challenge the police and not respect their authority. Its a badge of honor to not respect the police and protect criminals in the community.

So it makes it hard for police to do their jobs.

When you fill the young minds of resentment of authority and its cool to challenge the police then the chances of police confrontation rises. What do you expect the police to do, walk away and ignore the crimes in a high crime rate to avoid confrontation of people tht are challenging their authority? then why have law and order if you are going to make police afraid to o their jobs in a very hostile environment?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
I hope Newt is sincere in this.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:34 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I hope Newt is sincere in this.
Newt is such a calculating . . . person. Not sure why he'd say this now. Is he sincere? Is he trying not to be picked as VP?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Gingrich is spot on. But that's not going to play well with the far right, who paint BLM as a terrorist organization and don't believe their cause has any merit whatsoever.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Newt is such a calculating . . . person. Not sure why he'd say this now. Is he sincere? Is he trying not to be picked as VP?
This isn't going to get him not picked. Wondering if he is sincere is a legit question though.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Im thinking he is more favourable to being some sort of "Appointee" in Trump's Cabinet. He knows he has a ton of baggage which could get pointed out for months IF he was on the ticket with Trump.

Newt's value is in dealing with day to day interactions with Congress..but at his age..doesn't want to be exposed to daily negativity he would no doubt have running on the ticket. Let the fiery NJ Governor Chris Christie deal with it..LOL

At this point..who knows who would be willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with Trump?? Your guess is as good as mine

Old 07-08-2016, 02:44 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
I'm certain he is sincere. He's never been one to say what other people want him to say, but says what he thinks. This in no way disqualifies him as a VP. In fact, it will probably raise him up a level or two contrary to those who think they know it all as far as what the "Trump party line" is.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:30 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Newt Gingrich kind of sounds like he agrees with Black Lives Matter

I'm pretty sure that's not the Trump party line. Will they let Newt be Newt or will he be forced to walk it back?
LOL your post is funny.

Maybe Newt is really smart and instead of saying I rather be Secretary of state or cut my lawn on election day, he found a new way not to ruin his career by running with Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections