Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,444,829 times

Advertisements

I love Hillary and I am very excited to vote for her in November!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 10:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,444,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
So if he was having sex with his wife, that would have been wrong because he was supposed to be working for you 24/7? Presidents are people and they still have a personal life.

I'm not saying that having an affair with an intern was ok, it wasn't, but it really should have been between the husband and wife, not the rest of the country. And esp. not when it was being pushed by Republicans, some of whom were at that same time cheating on their own wives. Newt Gingrich was cheating on Wife #2 - the one he married after serving divorce papers on Wife #1 while she was in the hospital recuperating from breast cancer - while trying to impeach Bill Clinton. Also while being paid by the taxpayers. Making this seem as if Bill Clinton did something so awful while giving a pass to others is wrong.

And in any case, Hillary is the candidate and she wasn't the one cheating on her spouse. Which is of course a lot more than you can say about Donald Trump.

Repubs are conveniently overlooking Donald Trump's philandering and cheating on his 1st and 2nd wives.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:02 PM

29,382 posts, read 16,300,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Hillary has been pushed as future President by the media since 2000 when she ran for New York senator. The media tried the same thing on the GOP side, attempting to coronate Jeb Bush. However, the GOP primary electorate went a different route. Then again, the GOP primary system is a little more fair being that they don't have super-delegates that vote how they want regardless of how the people vote.

I think Bill's legacy as a successful President works in Hillary's favor, especially since she took a larger role in Bill's presidency than most first ladies typically do. If it wasn't for that, I don't think she would have much a shot on her own merit.
The GOP primary system allows winner take all, which is worse than Superdelegates, as trump gets 100% of a State where he only won 51% of the vote, where as in the case of superdelegates, at best, Hillary only got what 79% of the delagates in her best state like Missisippi where she won 85% of the popular vote.( Sanders winning superdelegates in that state means he actually brought her average lower than her actual popular vote win)

So no, the Republican system isnt fairer, its far worse.

Donald Trump got 44% of the popular vote, but 58% of the Delegates

Clinton got 56% of the popular vote, 58% of the Delegates.

Last edited by dsjj251; 07-11-2016 at 12:31 AM..

Old 07-11-2016, 12:29 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,645,232 times
I'm a life-long Democrat and I don't like Hillary.

With that said, I will vote for her over Trump.

If the GOP had nominated Kasich, I would have voted for him over Hillary. It's too bad, as I think Kasich could have been a good president and could have worked across the aisle.

As it stands, we will get four years of Hillary and she will lose in 2020 to somebody lame like Rubio. He will then lose after four years to somebody else lame like Cory Booker.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:32 AM

29,382 posts, read 16,300,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I'm a life-long Democrat and I don't like Hillary.

With that said, I will vote for her over Trump.

If the GOP had nominated Kasich, I would have voted for him over Hillary. It's too bad, as I think Kasich could have been a good president and could have worked across the aisle.

As it stands, we will get four years of Hillary and she will lose in 2020 to somebody lame like Rubio. He will then lose after four years to somebody else lame like Cory Booker.

Are you basing your vote on personal likability ?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections